Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    How everyone else?
    but if all the issues have been basically jean and as a co-star maybe Synch, the others are just there, and Rogue and Laura aren't even that.

I like jean as a group character but I'm not interested in investing in her solo because Zzzzzzz, and this unfortunately is not a team book but Jean's solo Zzz, I don't know why they didn't call it jean gray book in the first place, even in this issue it was from Lorna we had the annoying voice of jean in the background stealing attention like the rest of the issues. X_x
    Hey my food is kinda bland, can you pass the salt?

Seriously this was Lorna issue so trying to spin it like it’s a Jean issue just because Rogue didnt get to do much is a bit…far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    How many resurrected mutants are alive on Krakoa at this point? That might help to explain it. I am unsure if Jean rigged the vote in favor of Lorna though. The issue on some level opened up that possibility.
    Based on what was written and shown, I don’t think Jean went that far. She simply threw Lorna’s name in the bucket, so to speak, but Lorna earned her votes, of which she won a clear majority.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It was a strong Jean moment showing who she is in the new era and her greater moral flexibility then certain other eras. Though we saw in ToM that Jean was not ok with mind wiping the Avengers though Lorna very much was. I am not sure where the philosophical divide falls between them though with this issue and X-Men in general.

This is a very good point and scene to bring up, which highlight Jean’s complexity.

As I see it and the dialogue clearly indicates, Jean had already telepathically surmised that Lorna had no greater reason to second guess her first impulse and true desire outside of not feeling as if she were worthy of the position on the new team. And, yes, I do believe Jean telepathically probed Lorna that deeply before essentially raising her hand for her. Had she picked up a deeper, more justifiable reason for not wanting to be on the team, I don’t think Jean would have pushed her into the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

HAHA, the Jean hate is real
    Chiiile, the haters are always going to come for her, whether she’s passive or assertive, gentle or aggressive. It’s telling that the majority of the criticism is not coming from Lorna fans, who, more than anyone, would be justified in taking issue with what Jean did. Then again, they’re actually focusing on how Lorna felt about what Jean did when all was said and done.

Me:

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Hey my food is kinda bland, can you pass the salt?

Seriously this was Lorna issue so trying to spin it like it’s a Jean issue just because Rogue didnt get to do much is a bit…far fetched.
    It was Lorna's problem, with Jean as co-star, the others were just there, the previous Issue is one was Jean's problem, and the previous issues Jean was the one who had the most to say about it and has the most extensive dialogues.

If this is not an undercover Jean solo, neither was XML for Rogue lol, please, things have to be called what they are, this is jean and guests' book, the rest are unfortunately there to inflate sales ( Rogue / Laura / Scott).

Lorna wrote two letters to Northstar. The first letter she was pissed off the second she came to terms with it. Given that this is a snapshot in time. If we saw the first letter and had to wait for the resolution in this issue people would be singing a different tune. As Lorna intially says in the letter she wasn't okay with it at first.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    It was Lorna's problem, with Jean as co-star, the others were just there, the previous Issue is one was Jean's problem, and the previous issues Jean was the one who had the most to say about it and has the most extensive dialogues.

If this is not an undercover Jean solo, neither was XML for Rogue lol, please, things have to be called what they are, this is jean and guests' book, the rest are unfortunately there to inflate sales ( Rogue / Laura / Scott).
    Uh ok, thanks for buying Jean’s solo. :: rolls eyes :::

Tks god this book only are 12 issues
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 11-24-2021 at 03:13 PM.

By the way, I don't hate Jean at all, she just seems very boring because she is.

My only problem is that they should be honest and say it is a jean book with a supporting cast, and so the fans of the other characters will decide if we waste time with the book or not, not to sell the premise of a team book.

Its been 5 issues and you've already decided that its a Jean book. Why continue to waste your time on it for something you already are convinced yourself to be true?

Its been 5 issues and you've already decided that its a Jean book. Why continue to waste your time on it for something you already are convinced yourself to be true?
    5 issue of 12 that is how long this team will last, 2 + 2 = 4 XD hummmmm and jean has been the most prominent voice in all by far, so in effect it is a jean book undercover.
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing, they just shouldn't sell it as something it isn't.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HAHA, the Jean hate is real
    Yupp. It would be tragical if it wasn't so hilarious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Of course its tampering its taking the locus of control away from Lorna and shes making a paternalistic decision on her behalf instead of helping Lorna come to that decision herself.

My point is the optics. If this can happen how do we know it didn't happen in other cases. Did Toad not put himself forward because he said no not me instead of just pick me? Or Jason Wyngarde or Selene or the Fenris or whoever
    "How do we know...?" "if this can happen..."
    I just love how you are rewriting the story in your head to support your position...despite the actual election gala issue categorically saying that the process was in fact transparent, fair and just.

Jean saw what her friend truly wanted/needed and telepathically nudged her in that direction...but somehow she committed the most egregious of sins eventhough Lorna herself admitted after that it was in fact what she wanted.

Tragical indeed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't think Jean did anything wrong. It's the equivalent to knowing your friend wants to run for student council president, but is too scared to write their name in, so you submit it for them. Maybe she overstepped some boundaries, but as Lorna's friend and someone who believes in her skill, Jean was sure it was the right thing to do. Jean knew this is what Lorna wanted, she knew joining the team could help her, and she knew Lorna was a viable, popular candidate. Besides, if Lorna didn't want the spot, she could have turned it down at any point.

In the end, the voters are happy, Lorna is happy, the X-Men are happy. Lorna flat-out said that Jean was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

They can continue to hate and needlessly nitpick...it's hilarious...just as long as they continue to buy the book. Every dollar counts.

Mighty Member

Jean really picked Lorna’s first instinct. She wasn’t going to let Lorna backtrack her initial impulse that she wanted to be a member. At the end of the day, Lorna could have just been like “nope. Don’t want to.” But she didn’t. The constant trouble and danger has forced her not to doubt herself, because she is always on the go and she’s doing ok.

Sometimes people need that push and Jean did that for Lorna and her benefit.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did we know these Reavers, or are they nameless like the last few times they appeared?

I only liked them when they were actual characters, don't mind me ones, but they should each be unique.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================