Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Good analogy. Friend A decides not to apply but leaves their resume and application lying around for their Friend B, who knows the location or website of the company, to find, and they submit both on behalf of their Friend A, resulting in the latter getting called for an interview and/or immediately hired.
    It really works as that here. And I really fail to understand what the suppose problem with this was.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did we know these Reavers, or are they nameless like the last few times they appeared?

I only liked them when they were actual characters, don't mind me ones, but they should each be unique.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    It really works as that here. And I really fail to understand what the suppose problem with this was.
    I understand people questioning Jean’s decision to do what she did - the means - but when the questions and criticisms begin to overshadow the outcome - the ends - I grow wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Did we know these Reavers, or are they nameless like the last few times they appeared?

I only liked them when they were actual characters, don't mind me ones, but they should each be unique.
    Neither of the Reavers was named in the issue. I was trying to figure out the name of the character that momentarily blinded Lorna by emanating bright light from her/his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Uhh what is that Ev is holding?
    Looks like a canary melon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_melon

BANNED

Plot twist: Krakoans are apathetic about the X-Men.

"Just vote for me!"

Everyone: "Uhm, sure, why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I understand people questioning Jean’s decision to do what she did - the means - but when the questions and criticisms begin to overshadow the outcome - the ends - I grow wary.

Neither of the Reavers was named in the issue. I was trying to figure out the name of the character that momentarily blinded Lorna by emanating bright light from her/his eyes.
    Of course its overshadowing the outcome because "do the ends justify the means?" Is a question that has been debated for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Plot twist: Krakoans are apathetic about the X-Men.

"Just vote for me!"

Everyone: "Uhm, sure, why not?"
    Lorna: "Just pick me"

Everyone: "Oh ****, I love Abigail Brand. Let's vote for her."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Isn't there a mutant with the ability to be likable/popular? They should have gotten all the votes

I know Benjamin Deeds exists but I could have sworn there was another

Teen!Jean did do that one thing to Teen!Angel, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Lol

I completely forgot about forcing him to stay in the present

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Why on Earth are folks going on about *Lorna*?

Jean was basically a judge/moderator who made sure the voting audience wouldn't be aware of a contestant's flubbed line during a performance/debate. The main issue shouldn't be Lorna's feelings on the matter, but rather *everyone else* not being allowed to make a truly informed decision and not getting their speech fixed/polished because they don't have Jeansus BFF Privilege. Good freakin' grief, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Of course its overshadowing the outcome because "do the ends justify the means?" Is a question that has been debated for centuries.
    I'm assuming you feel the means should overshadow the outcome in each one of the instances your favorite character violated others, including by invading, mindwiping, and controlling their minds and, in some cases, their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Lol

I completely forgot about forcing him to stay in the present
    Jean forced him to stay because 1) she was under high emotional stress (see the scene below which occurred literally two issues before she forced Warren to change his tune) and 2) she wanted to prevent whatever unforeseeable and potentially irreparable damage Warren going back alone could have caused to the past and present timeline.

Last edited by Mercury; 11-25-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Context matters. She was a teenager, perhaps only fifteen, and she, herself, had not only had her boundaries crossed by having her entire future life revealed to her but also learned that Xavier had violated her by suppressing her telepathic power. She was angry, saddened, and fearful of what was to come for her and her friends and acted impulsively as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, before Bendis had Jean changing other people's minds Chris Claremont had Jean do it when Jean/Phoenix changed the minds of Kitty's parents in the Dark Phoenix Saga. It upset uptight Scott. I think it makes telepaths more interesting that they sometimes cross lines because they have an ability most others do not. Also, telepaths like Jean cannot just turn off her vast telepathic powers - she has to fight to keep from reading the thoughts and minds around her. It is a constant struggle - that they get to see through all the b.s. people build up around them. They get to see people's hidden thoughts and desires. They get to tear down masks that people put up.

Every major X-men telepath has done something that someone thinks is a misuse of their power, but telepaths do what comes naturally to them even if it upsets others. There should be an eerie quality about telepaths in general. Of course telepaths are problematic when we value things like privacy and consent, so I understand some of the blowback but reading the story though Lorna was upset at first she came to appreciate and understand what Jean did for her.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why on Earth are folks going on about *Lorna*?

Jean was basically a judge/moderator who made sure the voting audience wouldn't be aware of a contestant's flubbed line during a performance/debate. The main issue shouldn't be Lorna's feelings on the matter, but rather *everyone else* not being allowed to make a truly informed decision and not getting their speech fixed/polished because they don't have Jeansus BFF Privilege. Good freakin' grief, lol.
    You little black-eyed furball. You think you can waltz in here with your adorable irreverence and sensationalism without me honing in on you, too, do you?

As much as you would like it to be otherwise, the main issue should be Lorna's feelings regarding both her being a team member and what Jean did to ensure that she was considered during the election. Jean didn't fix or polish Lorna's speech. In fact, apparently, Lorna didn't even give a speech yet still managed to amass the majority of votes, as was the case during the real-life elections.

Seriously, the way some of you are reaching and struggling to contort what Jean did into something she didn't is amazing, lol.