Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Lorna: "Just pick me"

Everyone: "Oh ****, I love Abigail Brand. Let's vote for her."
    Almost Everyone: "Wait. Lorna??? Who is that? I was trying to get a mutate rep."

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As much as you would like it to be otherwise, the main issue should be Lorna's feelings
    It really, really shouldn't be. It's one of those silly "respecting *everyone else's* right to make an informed decision based on a contestant's actual performance as opposed to a judge/moderator's idealized version of it" kind of things. For the sake of fairness, most telepaths skipped this class. It's kind of their whole shtick, really.

Jean didn't fix or polish Lorna's speech.
    Except she did. On panel. 'Tsk' and all that. There were two pages devoted to the Hellfire Gala flashback and approximately one of them devoted to Jean's rewriting/reframing/call-it-what-you-what of Lorna's half-assed/botched pitch. Lorna even whined to Jean-Paul about it in her letter.

Anyway. Just so we're clear, as baffled/amused as I am by the Jeansplaining, I sincerely believe that Jean Grey casually taking a dump on an electoral process she pretty much set up in motion herself (well, pretended to, anyway) in the name of Friendship/Privilege just might be one of the cutest/funniest moments of the Krakoan era. It's like "Awwwww! You just disrespected an entire electorate/nation's right to make a truly informed decision just so you could sneakily give one of your friends a little boost AND you're patting yourself on the back for it! Quit silly, lameass heroics and move on to politics already! You were *born* for this stuff!"

I mean, where's the roof on this thing? Genuinely wondering. I know I've joked about Emma becoming the future queen of Krakoa, but I dunno, maybe Jean low key becoming the new Emma and stabbing the actual Emma in the back is her actual legit mid-to-long-term character arc, lol.

Fluff, we already know you're prone to fluffing, mischaracterizing, and warping the details of scenes in which Jean is involved because, apparently, you really dislike her. That's one. Two, all Jean did was throw Lorna into the race. She didn't give her "a little boost" nor did she force anyone to vote for her nor did she eliminate any candidates. Frankly, Lorna earned her votes. No amount of reframing on your part is going to change those facts.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Jean *literally* cancelled the moment/misstep/flub that would've cost Lorna the race, lol.

Fantastic Member

Fluff, we already know you're prone to fluffing, mischaracterizing, and warping the details of scenes in which Jean is involved because, apparently, you really dislike her. That's one. Two, all Jean did was throw Lorna into the race. She didn't give her "a little boost" nor did she force anyone to vote for her nor did she eliminate any candidates. Frankly, Lorna earned her votes. No amount of reframing on your part is going to change those facts.
    Remember when you asked me the other day to post examples of you being overzealous?

*Points to entire thread*

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Remember when you asked me the other day to post examples of you being overzealous?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Plot twist: Krakoans are apathetic about the X-Men.

"Just vote for me!"

Everyone: "Uhm, sure, why not?"
    I'll headcanon Magneto threatened everyone if they didn't vote for Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post

Ooooof Shot's fired

Damn This entire thread is a combination of Hilarious mess and debate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn This entire thread is a combination of Hilarious mess and debate lol
    You've hurt my feelings...

I'll live, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The stories being told every issue aren't really bad, they're just really shallow. It reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers; all flash and no substance. It doesn't help that so many of the X comics coming out right now just don't have anything going on, and some like SWORD barely have a plot at all. I just kind of want something more.

It doesn't help that all of these issues are coming out at the same time as Inferno, which makes the rest of the entire X line feel superfluous. But that was a problem since HoXPoX.
    Honestly, of the entire line up only one book felt worth reading as soon as it came out and i feel that book was Hellions, i felt every issue offered something interesting or the characters do something that makes me care about them in some form or another...except Sinister of course, he can die in a ditch a slow and painful death. I cared about what happened to Havok, i cared about Psylocke, about Greycrow, about Orphan maker...they it was written made me care.

But this and others books so far don't give me that sensation, i feel something is missing from them, i wish i could say what it is but i don't have the right words for it.

I get the idea of telepaths constantly being tempted not to meddle with peoples' heads. But there's just never consequences for them doing so. Can't really call it flirting with the dark side or something similar if even the 'good' ones do it casually and constantly, and other 'good' characters don't do anything about it. Someone usually wags their finger at them, but they rarely face actual consequences. The blase way they mess with people and peak into their most private thoughts is terrifying. And that "I know you better than you do so I'll 'fix' what you're doing" is the same kind of BS that quickly made Xavier into the jerk we all hate.

Its one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" things for me. Its like, you know this is exactly the kind of reason people are afraid of you and hate you, right?

Astonishing Member

I get the idea of telepaths constantly being tempted not to meddle with peoples' heads. But there's just never consequences for them doing so. Can't really call it flirting with the dark side or something similar if even the 'good' ones do it casually and constantly, and other 'good' characters don't do anything about it. Someone usually wags their finger at them, but they rarely face actual consequences. The blase way they mess with people and peak into their most private thoughts is terrifying. And that "I know you better than you do so I'll 'fix' what you're doing" is the same kind of BS that quickly made Xavier into the jerk we all hate.

Its one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" things for me. Its like, you know this is exactly the kind of reason people are afraid of you and hate you, right?
    Hear,hear lil-duval-popcorn.jpg
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-25-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Agreed. With this .

I would call it mental rape, let's not disguise things, I am surprised by the tiwtt trolls do not open threads canceling jean on the subject lol very double standards if it were another person they would already be canceling, for something that was obviously a violation or mental abuse of course.

#IStandWithTelepaths
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

#IStandWithTelepaths
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

You've hurt my feelings...

I'll live, though.

I meant all of it, not you or anyone else in particular.Then again this is what makes these forums fun

Also what is that gif lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    #IStandWithTelepaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    #IStandWithTelepaths
    Sounds like something a Telepath would make you say...