Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
I get the idea of telepaths constantly being tempted not to meddle with peoples' heads. But there's just never consequences for them doing so. Can't really call it flirting with the dark side or something similar if even the 'good' ones do it casually and constantly, and other 'good' characters don't do anything about it. Someone usually wags their finger at them, but they rarely face actual consequences. The blase way they mess with people and peak into their most private thoughts is terrifying. And that "I know you better than you do so I'll 'fix' what you're doing" is the same kind of BS that quickly made Xavier into the jerk we all hate.

Its one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" things for me. Its like, you know this is exactly the kind of reason people are afraid of you and hate you, right?
i think it doesnt get called out due to the fact that telepaths are so tied to the x men in general. looking outside the x line telepaths are very scare in marvel, and no one else wants to call out the x men because its punching down. its clearly a bad thing, but because a minority group that gets a new genocide every few years is the one involved, no writer wants to call it out for what it is