Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I mean to be fair, Rogue wasn't on the cover, nor was this issue advertised as a Rogue issue. Besides, they're not just putting her on the team for fans to buy it; she's going to play a role on the team, she just has to wait her turn for her spotlight issue, like everyone else.

They're likely going to split the team to tackle Cordyceps Jones. With less characters around, she'll have more of a chance to shine.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Synch fans went almost 17 years with out him.

We won't talk about what New X-Men fans are dealing with in now year 12.

Rogue fans should be fine.
    Please...It's not like she was completely out of the book.
    When Lorna wanted a flight to the sun she called Rogue. Rogue punched a giant bug. She was there...just not the focus.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Good issue overall and Lorna, excuse me Dr. Dane, was dope. Art was solid as well, good fill in for Laraz.

I don’t get the point of the sub plot with Jean changing Lorna’s reasoning though. I can understand the words written on the page of course but it comes across really bad. Very much “Jean knows what’s better for you than yourself.” It’s a terrible look for Jean and it makes Lorna look weak willed. What was even worse was the data page with Lorna with the letter to Northstar where Lorna is basically agreeing that Jean knows better. It’s not a bad as the Iceman incident but I don’t know why writers think this makes Jean look good, or maybe they know what it looks like and that’s the point.

Side note: it would’ve been way cooler if Rogue and Lorna had tossed the radioactive waste at the Orchis station while they were in the neighborhood. “Here ya go chumps! Does burnout and speeds off.”
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Good issue overall and Lorna, excuse me Dr. Dane, was dope. I don’t get the point of the sub plot with Jean changing Lorna’s reasoning though. I can understand the words written on the page of course but it comes across really bad. Very much “Jean knows what’s better for you than yourself.” It’s a terrible look for Jean and it makes Lorna look weak willed. What was even worse was the data page with Lorna with the letter to Northstar where Lorna is basically agreeing that Jean knows better. It’s not a bad as the Iceman incident but I don’t know why writers think this makes Jean look good, or maybe they know what it looks like and that’s the point.

Art was solid as well, good fill in for Laraz.
    Rigged elections in Krakoa not a good look if the residents of Krakoa found out and if they are going to vote for a new QC

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Rigged elections in Krakoa not a good look if the residents of Krakoa found out and if they are going to vote for a new QC
    Jean’s not on the QC and the X-Men aren’t affiliated with them, I’d say it’s a bad look for the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I mean to be fair, Rogue wasn't on the cover, nor was this issue advertised as a Rogue issue. Besides, they're not just putting her on the team for fans to buy it; she's going to play a role on the team, she just has to wait her turn for her spotlight issue, like everyone else.

They're likely going to split the team to tackle Cordyceps Jones. With less characters around, she'll have more of a chance to shine.
    Scott and Rogue should be up next on the spotlight block.

Not a fan of this format tbh, I much prefer story-driven team comics where each characters gets small moments to shine sprinkled in all issues like PAD's X-factor.It does take skill to write a team book that way so I can see why Duggan went this route.

Rigged elections in Krakoa not a good look if they are going to vote for a new QC
    Agreed, implications of this are messy and dwelling on it Jean might have overstepped.

Also new Cap. Krakoa theories?

Jean’s not on the QC and the X-Men aren’t affiliated with them, I’d say it’s a bad look for the X-Men.
    I mean if they are going to hold another telepathic election again for the QC there's no oversight or confidence if this election tampering gets out.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Disappointing issue. I liked the vote shenanigans as a Jean moment, but hated it as a Polaris moment. There was a lot of exposition pretending to be character development for Lorna. There are actually some potentially interesting ideas here about Lorna's lack of confidence and her mental health issues but the execution is very poor. The dialogue in this issue also feels weirdly expositional rather than conversational. Just a really clunky book that really doesn't feel like it's making the most of its page space. Nice art though.

I mean if they are going to hold another telepathic election again for the QC there's no oversight or confidence if this election tampering gets out.
    Election for the QC? I don’t understand? Clearly the self appointed leaders know what’s best for us so why would we ever need to choose them? Actually now that I say this let’s reinstate Jean

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Tampering?
    Jean didn't influence the voters. She "pushed" a needed candidate to run, when that candidate would have otherwise decided not to. Lorna won her place fare and square.

Some of y'all arms must be tired from all that reaching. LOL.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Election for the QC? I don’t understand? Clearly the self appointed leaders know what’s best for us so why would we ever need to choose them? Actually now that I say this let’s reinstate Jean
    If you go back to HoX in the one where Emma is recruited it was stated that this current self elected version of the QC was never gonna be permanent IIRC and they were going to let people vote eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Scott and Rogue should be up next on the spotlight block.

Not a fan of this format tbh, I much prefer story-driven team comics where each characters gets small moments to shine sprinkled in all issues like PAD's X-factor.It does take skill to write a team book that way so I can see why Duggan went this route.
    Hard agree. I'm not digging this format so far. I think Leah did a much better job of showcasing her entire team issue to issue in X-Factor. Maybe this will read better in trade.

I'm not digging the X-vote shenanigans and my opinion on telepathy In Marvel is going even lower.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If you go back to HoX in the one where Emma is recruited it was stated that this current self elected version of the QC was never gonna be permanent IIRC and they were going to let people vote eventually
    I know I was just having some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Tampering?
    Jean didn't influence the voters. She "pushed" a needed candidate to run, when that candidate would have otherwise decided not to. Lorna won her place fare and square.

Some of y'all arms must be tired from all that reaching. LOL.
    She didn’t influence the voters but she did literally change the candidates chosen answer without consulting her. People have second thoughts all day every day and change their mind all the time, usually someone doesn’t make those choices for us. It’s tampering 100% and not a good look for Jean imo.