Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    At least she didn't force anyone to vote a certain way or just mindwipe everyone.

In the end, what matters is how Lorna feels about what Jean did.
    What if she has to be the one to do that to Urich to keep him quiet about Resurrection?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Short of them reasoning with Urich to not print his findings because of how detrimental it could be to mutants and he not agreeing...then...yes, by all means, mindwipe the memory clean out. (Though I would personally ask Emma to do it instead.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What if she has to be the one to do that to Urich to keep him quiet about Resurrection?
    Jean already said no with Lorna's request to mind wiping the Avengers of memories that could endanger Krakoa's secrets. I don't see why this situation is functionally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I also agree with this sentiment, honestly I think it would've benefited both Jean and Lorna if the letter to Northstar had been omitted, I think that added to the cringe for me.
    Lorna used to be much touchier about issues of mental manipulation decades ago. Though I never fully understood why she never went for full time or semi full-time telepathic protection. Its not like she hasn't usually actually liked wearing metal on her head.

Its perhaps a bit ironic for all Lorna's paranoia of people getting in her head she has a telepath as a best friend. Then again, the same could be said for Magneto.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-24-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Short of them reasoning with Urich to not print his findings because of how detrimental it could be to mutants and he not agreeing...then...yes, by all means, mindwipe the memory clean out. (Though I would personally ask Emma to do it instead.)
    I don't think having Frost be the one to do it would be conducive to his health, she already has shown a mean streak with the man for reasons that are unknown to me.

And that's exactly why Emma should be the one to do it...cut that shyt out once and for all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Red Dragon

I dont think they’re going to go the mindwipe route to solve this. Scott is going to pretend to be Captain Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And that's exactly why Emma should be the one to do it...cut that shyt out once and for all.
    It would be more impactful and interesting on some level if it was Jean who does it. Or that is how feel it would be.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It would be more impactful and interesting on some level if it was Jean who does it. Or that is how feel it would be.
    Agreed. Let Jean make some tough calls and get her hands dirty.

Down with Saint Jean!

Its just reiterating my point about how awful all telepaths are that the solution to so many Krakoa problems defaults to 'just mindwipe everyone and pretend like nothing happened'

I want to clarify that I mean this in the nicest way possible and don't want to be insulting anybody. But I have to ask, what exactly is Lorna's personality and character? Because while she's been in several stories that I've read, I have never gotten anything like a discernible character out of her. She's always come across very generic, and she's usually saying and doing anything that could come out of any other characters' mouth. There are clearly a lot of her fans around here, and I just don't understand who she is even after reading her for some time now.

This is not a problem exclusive to Polaris, mind. X-men is overflowing with characters who've been around for decades and never gotten more than a single dimension to them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    “But she rigged the vote!! It’s a bad look for Krakoa and the Xmen!!”- Emma fans despite Emma actually rigging the vote for Krakoa to be a nation in the first place.

The bias is real.
    Well Emma is a morally corrupt character.This is like saying Batman killed early on, but it's not valid because it's coming from Punisher fans.Punisher is again okay w/ being lethal, always has.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Of course its tampering its taking the locus of control away from Lorna and shes making a paternalistic decision on her behalf instead of helping Lorna come to that decision herself.

My point is the optics. If this can happen how do we know it didn't happen in other cases. Did Toad not put himself forward because he said no not me instead of just pick me? Or Jason Wyngarde or Selene or the Fenris or whoever
    It's an interesting debate which boils down to honesty vs privacy.Was the entire thing about putting your best step forward or showing your true self.And also how much did Jean change from others?She did just cost someone a position in the X-men by changing Lorna's speech.She could change someone pitch to something they don't want to say or just mess up someone's who she doesn't want to join.

Just want to make clear she didn't do and likely would never do any of these things, I'm talking about the concept of a telepathic election in General here.Not Jean herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its been 5 issues and you've already decided that its a Jean book. Why continue to waste your time on it for something you already are convinced yourself to be true?
    Not agreeing w/ anyone but Duggan does have a habit of playing favs.UA it was Rogue and it does look like it's Jean for X-men, so when that rolls around and it's a fav that you aren't really a fan of the book will go down for you quite a bit.

Again it's that format, waiting half a year or more to get that issue focusing on your fav can be annoying(not in general terms, people have to go decades w/ seeing their fav in franchises w/ multiple main characters but she is on the roster).Specially since all these issues have been standalone-esque and he could have done more w/ Laura, Scott and Rogue.Even Shiro.

I actually agree with you Hulk. I never saw Jean as a Saint...and I wouldn't mind at all if she crossed that line...Goddess knows my other favourite Storm, has done the same many times over.
    Just as Emma's mantra is "For the Children" I could easily hear Jean saying "For Mutants"...though she's currently all "For Humanity". It could be a defining moment.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Re-reading this, I still can't believe Duggan pretty much invalidated the legitimacy of his own x-election just so he could write one totally unnecessary friendship sequence. I like Lorna, but she choked and should've been judged on her actual performance. Jean can wipe minds to protect lives all she wants, but all she did here was casually screw over other x-candidates just so she could give one of her best friends an ego/career boost.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Re-reading this, I still can't believe Duggan pretty much invalidated the legitimacy of his own x-election just so he could write one totally unnecessary friendship sequence. I like Lorna, but she choked and should've been judged on her actual performance. Jean can wipe minds to protect lives all she wants, but all she did here was casually screw over other x-candidates just so she could give one of her best friends an ego/career boost.
    I'd like to see the runner up X-candidates react to this news lmao

Also some people are saying Krakoa is evolved/grown from human system when they made their own council/government and weren't elected.The Summers family is treated like Royalty(not my words, they stated this in the comics) and the X-men elections were also tampered w/.

Someone on here said privacy is a human concept in regards to the Jean thing yet all the leaders of Krakoa have done is keep secrets and stab each other in the back.

So much for the evolution of mankind...
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-24-2021 at 10:34 PM.

I’m not currently reading the books but I kinda like the dubious telepathy use - sounds like a bit of teen jean still rumbling around in there.

I like to think absorbing teen jean’s memories changed a but of her ethical lines. Not a ton, but some.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Jean already said no with Lorna's request to mind wiping the Avengers of memories that could endanger Krakoa's secrets. I don't see why this situation is functionally different.
    Because honestly, that wasn't a good depiction of the character nor good story. She wouldn't start the decline of the mutant society just on arguably very childish hubris and naivete.