Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tarbabe View Post
    I forgot Sonny killed A.J.
    Oh I'll never forget cause of the circumstance of AJ's return and subsequent departure. They lured Sean Kanan back with promises then broke every one of them, one of which is "No sloppy drunk storylines." He's not bitter, and he seems to be steady working, but it left a bad taste in MY mouth.

But Michael having Sonny's last name is profane. Why not split the difference and take Jax's last name? Jax was a stepfather to Michael and Michael loved him dearly.

Let's all take a trip down memory lane:

This also reminds me why I think Sonny and Carly being adversaries is better than them being lovers.

I HATED A.J. However having Sonny wrongfully kill him was a disservice to both characters. And neither Sonny nor Ava really paid for it. I still like Sonny but that was a horrible story choice.

Why did Michael take Sonny’s name? The step father who killed his natural father.
    Why did Michael have a problem with the Quartermine name.
    At least with Jason, he changed his last name to Morgan, his Grandmother’s berth name.

Why did Michael take Sonny’s name? The step father who killed his natural father.
    At least with Jason, he changed his last name to Morgan, his Grandmother’s berth name.
    Michael has been a Corinthos since he was a baby. It's how he grew up and Sonny is his father in just about every way that matters. He raised him, loved him, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Michael has been a Corinthos since he was a baby. It's how he grew up and Sonny is his father in just about every way that matters. He raised him, loved him, etc.
    I guess it was Carly choice to change Michael’s name. She must hate the Quartermines.

I guess it was Carly choice to change Michael’s name. She must hate the Quartermines.
    She did, yeah. And the feeling was pretty mutual.

Its a long story, but for now I'll just say yes like 80sBaby said he was raised by Sonny. His name was legally Michael Corinthos III.

Here's what's missing though, and why I constantly bring it up.

When Sonny killed AJ, and Michael found out Carly lied to him about it, Michael legally changed his name to Michael Alan Quartermaine to distance himself from Sonny. He even briefly took custody of Avery and said he was going to give her a middle name that began with a J so he can refer to her as AJ just to screw with Sonny. That was after Sonny was sent to prison for AJ's murder, then pardoned for it by a governor for saving his daughter from an attempted bombing at the Haunted Star (that scene was written badly MICHAEL took the bomb, Sonny took it from him). Oh right he Johnny and Julien broke out of prison, in order to do this.

They're enemies for a split second, then reconnected when Paul Hornsby shot Sonny and he was wheelchair bound. I mean he lied about being able to walk but (he pulled a Chase in other words lol) but, Sonny's gonna Sonny. Sometime later, after the truth came out, Michael changed his name back.

Whatever happened to Johnny Zachara anyways? Was he killed off, cause I can't remember?

Johnny is alive, just back in Pentonville.

By the way, its been so long ago, I thought Johnny escaped with Sonny and Julian, but he was actually released from prison (but not before he got goons to beat Sonny up once they were in the same weight room together at Pentonville). The third person was, oddly, Ava. Sonny, Julian, and Ava all escaped prison at the time. I guess prisons in Port Charles are...co-ed? But anyway...

But yeah sometime after that (Sonny's pardon) he was on the run due to his dealings with Fluke. Lulu and Maxie were helping him, and he wanted to "help" Lulu deal with her cousin Valerie who had slept with Dante, by planting drugs on her, kidnapping her, and then setting the cabin he put her in on fire (Valerie survived). He was caught and sent back, and he and Lulu had a moment together where she told him to use this time to be a better person.

Talk of Johnny just now did make me realize something, since the only crime families around now are Corinthos, Wu, and Novak. Johnny is technically heir to TWO criminal families, Zacchara and Soleito. He's all that's left of either (we don't know the wereabouts of Gino Soleito's adopted daughter from The City). Guess that wasn't a storypoint worth pursuing.

Joslyn is just like her mother Carly, always mouthing out and saying the wrong thing.

Joslyn is just like her mother Carly, always mouthing out and saying the wrong thing.
    Yes and I love her for it lol I was thinking this exact thing today.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

The one thing that I liked that the writers did when they brought AJ back (Kanan) was they had him confront Carly on drugging him back in the day ( Sarah Brown as Carly/Billy Warlock as AJ) and making it look like he fell off the wagon. Also that he got a chance to tell all this to Michael but it's straight bull that they let the character be murdered by Sonny of all people.

But Sonny's life is his own punishment.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Sonny and Carly have a lot to pay for. I hated when AJ was killed off by Sonny and how Carly stood by the man who killed her son’s father. I don’t see how Monica can even look at both of them. Carly is btch just like her mother back in the day and Joslyn is following in their footsteps.
    Even sweet Trina is getting fed up with Joslyn.

Extraordinary Member

I've been watching this show for over 40 years and I've never enjoyed seeing two people go through misery like I am Sonny and Carly.

I still can't rap my head around how these two managed to hijack this show for so many years. I guess writers prefer writing for bad guys and mobsters over writing for heroes. But then, my Mother said something similar about Luke and Bobbie Spencer back in the early 80s. LOL
    Last edited by caj; 02-23-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Peter is dead. Does that make you feel happy?