Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Oh I know the real-world reason, "leaving the door open for the actor/recast", its just funny from a story-perspective is all. The frequency of it. Ironically "dead but no body" is probably better than "perpetual coma" like Lulu. Her second coma, to boot. Incidentally her first portrayer (as an adult) Julie Berman was on a recent episode of the rebooted CSI.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The show treats deaths as permanent, when people return from the dead on a seemingly permanent basis. AJ was one of the few times a character returned after there was a body (I forgot how they explained that away). But most of the deaths = no body.

Morgan was blown up, no body or remains.
    Both times Jason died, no body. Remember the first time Burton left, Faison shot him in the stomach and he fell off the pier. No body ever washed up.
    Sonny died when the Secaucus Bridge collapsed and his body was washed away in the river (in this instance, he was dead from the perspective of the characters since he wound up as the amnesiac Mike in Nixon Falls).
    Dante died once, no body. Returned as a programed assassin for Helena.

I'm sure there's more instances, its just funny this keeps happening and people don't just shrug and say "meh they'll be back." Jason is especially weird cause this is the second time it's happened to him, where he died for good despite no body recovered. Last time they said no body would be found cause the currents are so strong his body could have washed up anywhere. Now they're saying all those tons of rock its impossible to get through it and they'd just find a mangled mess if they did anyway.
    Well at least this time Carly brought all that up. Honestly, she'd be the one to know for sure if Jason was dead or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Well at least this time Carly brought all that up. Honestly, she'd be the one to know for sure if Jason was dead or not.
    Speaking of Carly, I get the feeling the idea is to hook Carly up with Drew, the "two lost souls" trope. I could be wrong, just don't see where else Drew would wind up. Him and Britt would be wEiRd, but not as weird as dating one of your dad's ex-lovers (Dante and Sam) I guess.

Also, they kinda hooked up before, in a way:

Speaking of Carly, I get the feeling the idea is to hook Carly up with Drew, the "two lost souls" trope. I could be wrong, just don't see where else Drew would wind up. Him and Britt would be wEiRd, but not as weird as dating one of your dad's ex-lovers (Dante and Sam) I guess.

Do you think Sonny will run off with Nina, and then Carly will get with Drew?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think Sonny will run off with Nina, and then Carly will get with Drew?
    I think them ending up together is inevitable (Sonny and Nina), that's what's making them both so fascinating to watch (for a change (Sonny)). I'm curious what would have happened had Jason not left cause they set up a love triangle of sorts with him Carly and Britt. But yeah, Sonny and Nina are "endgame" as they say, which means where does Carly end up? I say Drew, even if its temporary.

Shifting gears a bit: thoughts on Mr. Sheffield as the recast Victor Cassadine? I keep expecting him to yell "Miss Fine!" but seriously he's growing on me. Good move making him Valentin's bio dad, IMO. Also, making him Laughably Evil, well, works.

Victor (to Alexis): I know Helena killed your mother, but she had a very tender side to her that I got to know!

I was wondering about Drew's new love interest too. I don't really like the idea of Sonny and Nina but I know when Carly finds out how close they were (and Sonny covered it up,) she's out of there.

Britt is possible but weird, as you said. Maybe Maxie? To put him against Peter?

Shifting gears a bit: thoughts on Mr. Sheffield as the recast Victor Cassadine? I keep expecting him to yell "Miss Fine!" but seriously he's growing on me. Good move making him Valentin's bio dad, IMO. Also, making him Laughably Evil, well, works.

Victor (to Alexis): I know Helena killed your mother, but she had a very tender side to her that I got to know!
    Lol I laughed when he said that. I think he's doing ok so far. I just find it funny the Cassadines are supposed to be Greek but only 2 of them ever looked it.

Lol I laughed when he said that. I think he's doing ok so far. I just find it funny the Cassadines are supposed to be Greek but only 2 of them ever looked it.
    Someone explained that a while ago...Mikkos and his brothers (which means Victor) are the only ones who are 100% Greek. At some point they retconned Helena into Russian nobility, the Romanovs in fact. So Valentin, Stavros, Stefan, and their descendants are a mix of Greek/Russian.

Someone explained that a while ago...Mikkos and his brothers (which means Victor) are the only ones who are 100% Greek. At some point they retconned Helena into Russian nobility, the Romanovs in fact. So Valentin, Stavros, Stefan, and their descendants are a mix of Greek/Russian.
    That makes a bit more sense! Though doesn't explain why Victor is clearly British lol

That makes a bit more sense! Though doesn't explain why Victor is clearly British lol
    LOL The main reason I had a hard time accepting the recast, at first. Thaao Penghlis actually is Greek (born in Australia to Greek parents). He should have been on contract, not recurring, some time after Stefan died, IMO, so he wouldn't be scooped up by another soap. Now that they decide to use Victor, Thaao Penghlis is busy with Days of Our Lives so we have to settle for a recast.

But, the Thanksgiving Ep(s) convinced me. This Victor will do just fine. Despite, lol, being "clearly British" as you put it

Speaking of, I always wanted Stefano and Helena link up.

Speaking of, I always wanted Stefano and Helena link up.
    If only they weren't on different networks. I wonder who would have driven the other away first.

Speaking of, a while ago they brought in original Nikolas Cassadine Tyler Christopher as Stefano's long lost son, Stefan O. DiMera. Stefano, Stefan O., lol I knew of it but never saw him in action as I only watch Days once in a blue moon. And then Stefan was recast with Brandon Barash, GH's Johnny Zacchara, before being killed off altogether but then Barash was cast as Stefan's idential twin Jake.

And I'm just learning Stephen Nichols, GH's Stefan Cassadine, is playing a man possessed with the essence of Stefano? Well alrighty then. But yeah GH/DOOL sure shares a lot of actors it seems.

If only they weren't on different networks. I wonder who would have driven the other away first.

Speaking of, a while ago they brought in original Nikolas Cassadine Tyler Christopher as Stefano's long lost son, Stefan O. DiMera. Stefano, Stefan O., lol I knew of it but never saw him in action as I only watch Days once in a blue moon. And then Stefan was recast with Brandon Barash, GH's Johnny Zacchara, before being killed off altogether but then Barash was cast as Stefan's idential twin Jake.

And I'm just learning Stephen Nichols, GH's Stefan Cassadine, is playing a man possessed with the essence of Stefano? Well alrighty then. But yeah GH/DOOL sure shares a lot of actors it seems.
    And all of that is why I quit Days long ago smh. They go way too far sometimes.

I loved this show in the 80's, great cop drama turned into great spy drama. If they were available, I'd happily buy a bunch of seasons from this era, maybe 80-92 and get the whole run of Robert Scorpio. It was really great TV in my memory of it anyway.

I had a big crush on Felicia.