Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When was the last time Streaky was seen again?
    Who even knows? Maybe Streaky will show up as the villain of League of Super Pets, motivated to get revenge on Krypto for replacing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Don't forget his stories. I mean, the tv Supergirl series practically ripped all of the stories fo Superman. Red Son, Superboy meeting the Legion, fighting his enemies, even revealing the secret identity.

The King series had a beautiful art, that is true, but the last issue was a let down. So I left here, even if I can't say nothing against the art.
    Yeah, I caught up on all five issues I had in my stack and it was a bit slow moving but I enjoyed it for what it was until this last issue. This is where I part with the series. The art was carrying it but I'm out.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sure, but when it's time to write Kara, she always resents him and usually for nothing he did and it just makes her come across as petty. I'm sick to death of it.

I don't really care that she made fun of him. I'm tired that all she can do of late is talk **** while also borrowing his supporting cast, gimmicks and the like.

By all means, talk your ****, by at least tell an original story without his stuff before you do. At least it was True Grit, but then it just became every other Supergirl story, which is why I posted here rather than the series own thread.

In the end, most writers can't let Kara get out from Clark's shadow. They just want to tell stories about his shadow staring Kara. She gets out by the end until the next writer comes in and she's right back in his shadow. The character is doomed to always always be defined by Superman, his friends from the future and his dog, apparently.

I'm no better. I took a crack at including her in a Superman story and she teams up with the dog, but even I had the good sense to know better than "hey what if she resented the only family she has left because... He's successful and well-liked!?"

For that matter, does Kara hate Streaky? It's always Krypto now. Where's the cat?
    Writers seems scared or unwilling to give Kara an actual supporting cast or a long term role on a team where she could meet other characters and do stuff.

Astonishing Member

Kal is the senior member here. Onus is on him to put Kara in her place. If he's too weak to do that then she can talk to and about him however she pleases. If he's the Superman Siegel and Shuster created then he'll assert himself and teach her some respect, but if he's the flimsy modern Superman then I can see why she's grown up into such a whinny little brat.
    Last edited by The World; 11-26-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

Can we please clarify: what run of Supergirl are we talking about? The Silver Age character, one of the post-crisis versions, the Kimg version, or just who? And which version of Superman does she supposedly "hate"? And is the object of her hatred the Kal-El Superman or the Jon Kent Superman?

Incredible Member

Family doesn't always get along perfectly, they have disputes.
    But typically with Supergirl she always had this worshipful attitude toward her cousin.
    It was nauseating from my perspective.
    But in correcting that older take they have gone too far in the other direction.

What they have also done is stolen the legitimate grievance that Power Girl had for her Superman.
    That point was made in the JSA stories of the 1970s. Anyone who thinks that Power Girl was just a bustier
    version of Supergirl, needs to go back to reread the stories that Paul Levitz wrote. Their relationship was definitely frosty.
    Personally, I find that a better take on the Power Girl-Superman dynamic more understandable, then the idea
    that they had this close relationship. Of course, that changes over time, with Power Girl softening her resentments.

People can correct me on the Supergirl-Superman relationship. But basically my understanding was that Supergirl from the
    beginning had this worshipful attitude toward Superman. He treated her like crap. Dumping her in that orphanage, taking advantage
    of her repeatedly, stopping her from being a superhero because she was a "secret weapon." Look, I love Superman to death,
    but how he treated his cousin in the 1960s was very poor. I wouldn't blame her one bit for being resentful. But that has never been
    her attitude. Power Girl has had this call it the way she sees it personality, while Supergirl was always peaches and cream. Maybe that
    has changed now.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-26-2021 at 02:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Can we please clarify: what run of Supergirl are we talking about? The Silver Age character, one of the post-crisis versions, the Kimg version, or just who? And which version of Superman does she supposedly "hate"? And is the object of her hatred the Kal-El Superman or the Jon Kent Superman?
    I think it's the last Supergirl comic, but I'm not sure why I ask

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I assume its King's version, he always gives characters something to hate as an extension of his trauma fetish, who hates current Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I think it's the last Supergirl comic, but I'm not sure why I ask
    King, but also Rebirth, Future State and New 52, both of which resented Clark on some level when push came to shove. Rebirth generally was better, but it still showed up.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.