Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to tally the votes!

1 vote each: Ajax_X, Englehart Humperdinck, kin, LordMikel, Major Hoy, nx01a, Rob Allen, seismic-2, Shalla Bal
    2 votes each: Captain Europe, K7P5V

And, in a FOUR way tie with three votes: MRP, Nschornhorst, Tami and WestPhillyPunisher

Could someone who hasn't voted swing by and break the deadlock?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Haven't voted yet, and since I considered that cover myself, my vote goes to Tami.

Congrats to Tami for the cover with Melody Pond.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So, wait, I actually won this time? Lord, that was unexpected!

I'll start working up a new idea for the next context and have it it sometime today.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-01-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congratulations, Tami! Also, thank you so much to the folks who voted for me.

Congratulations to Tami, It hasn’t been that hard, after all…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Great Job Tami!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Congratulations Tami! And thanks to MajorHoy for their vote. Tardi is a rather special comics creator, who seems to fire at all cylinders at the same time and bringing in all sorts of stuff. Now that I check, this particular volume haven't been translated to English, but the preceding five has been: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ex...dčle_Blanc-Sec
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to Tami! And thanks to everyone who voted for my entry!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations, Tami! Did not expect this kind of River to win

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations Tami!

New contest is up, I hope you have fun with it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Congratulations to Tami for a cover which exhibits a fun playing with the theme and that's something I like to see succeed.

As to what the captain has learned in this Peak of the Week, he once again has been shown that his personal experiences gather no votes. Sure, he's been on the Golden Gate and the GW in NYC, but this was the 5th Street Bridge over the Nashua River. A landmark and river important to his hometown's history and a point in its industrial past.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As to what the captain has learned in this Peak of the Week, he once again has been shown that his personal experiences gather no votes. Sure, he's been on the Golden Gate and the GW in NYC, but this was the 5th Street Bridge over the Nashua River. A landmark and river important to his hometown's history and a point in its industrial past.
    The choices for a cover are very personal: the reasons to pick up a cover, the reasons to vote for one too… Even when the cover is chosen, they aren’t necessarily the same reasons…

I haven’t had any vote too… I wonder if the ones that didn’t have any votes shouldn’t be recorded… to show them that they are not alone…
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-04-2021 at 06:42 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe