Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Predicted next event…

World
    War
    Wanda
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What's likeable about billy and tommy?
    Queer Icons, Billy as the Demiurge plays a key role in the creation of the 616 universe without him we wouldn't have ****, 10 year old TV Stars, Gay royalty, Jewish Icon, 1's fast the other's weird the list goes on.

There's nothing to hate about Billy and Tommy. Leah is writing an event that is being controlled and mandated. It has no bearing on what she thinks of these characters. And that cannot be gotten from just a panel anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's nothing to hate about Billy and Tommy. Leah is writing an event that is being controlled and mandated. It has no bearing on what she thinks of these characters. And that cannot be gotten from just a panel anyway.
    Considering what she did with Lorna and Magneto, I think that scene with the twins is on Leah. I don't see why Marvel would editorially mandate that.

I don't think the mandate told her to write that even if they have their idea about how to handle comic wanda, that's on Leah writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Considering what she did with Lorna and Magneto, I think that scene with the twins is on Leah. I don't see why Marvel would editorially mandate that.
    She said herself there are things she wanted to do but couldn't because of having to go along with Marvel's plans for the character outside of the MU. So they are restricting this character for the MCU. And even besides that, whatever is written in this doesn't mean the writer hates the characters. At the very least it makes them a terrible writer. It's an event too, so I take it at face value. Events have been like this for 20 years now. They are plot driven instead of character driven. So everyone does stuff they wouldn't do normally. But I don't count Magneto treating one of his kids terrible as OOC. It's been just how they write him. If not at first in his relationship to them, eventually it happens. He's not historically the best father.

She said herself there are things she wanted to do but couldn't because of having to go along with Marvel's plans for the character outside of the MU. So they are restricting this character for the MCU. And even besides that, whatever is written in this doesn't mean the writer hates the characters. At the very least it makes them a terrible writer. It's an event too, so I take it at face value. Events have been like this for 20 years now. They are plot driven instead of character driven. So everyone does stuff they wouldn't do normally. But I don't count Magneto treating one of his kids terrible as OOC. It's been just how they write him. If not at first in his relationship to them, eventually it happens. He's not historically the best father.
    I'm just saying she seems to be the type to want to create family drama. Theres really no reason to assume Billy and Tommy mad and yelling at Wanda is somehow editorially mandated or related to the MCU. Maybe including them at all could be MCU-mandated bc of WandaVision (though I even doubt that considering this whole thing started on a book with Tommy's boyfriend that he was in), but there's no reason for Marvel to want to pit them against each other.

I'm just saying she seems to be the type to want to create family drama. Theres really no reason to assume Billy and Tommy mad and yelling at Wanda is somehow editorially mandated or related to the MCU. Maybe including them at all would be MCU-mandated bc of WandaVision, but there's no reason for Marvel to want to pit them against each other.
    No I didn't mean that specific part was but that the whole event is mandated. They've done it to Wanda the whole way. And I don't know the context to that panel until I read it. If it's them yelling at the clone, that will just be hilarious. Because the clone doesn't have the slightest idea what is going on.

No I didn't mean that specific part was but that the whole event is mandated. They've done it to Wanda the whole way. And I don't know the context to that panel until I read it. If it's them yelling at the clone, that will just be hilarious. Because the clone doesn't have the slightest idea what is going on.
    According to her, she pitched this as an arc to X-Factor, then Marvel turned it into a mini. So there's editorial influence for sure but she's still the one who wanted to make (at least a version of) this story. And I was talking about the leaked scene with the twins so yeah that seems like just something she would do to me. It's hopefully better with context and/or not really important anyway. Characters go around screaming at each other all the time in this and I doubt it'll really matter in the end.

Extraordinary Member

No spoilers for the new issue, but I noticed that the first issue listed Jake Thomas as the editor and now Jordan White is listed as the sole editor. I feel like a lot of times when a book doesn't make sense from issue to issue, there's been some editorial turnover in the middle.

According to her, she pitched this as an arc to X-Factor, then Marvel turned it into a mini. So there's editorial influence for sure but she's still the one who wanted to make (at least a version of) this story. And I was talking about the leaked scene with the twins so yeah that seems like just something she would do to me. It's hopefully better with context and/or not really important anyway. Characters go around screaming at each other all the time in this and I doubt it'll really matter in the end.
    My post wasn't about the twins specifically though. It was in response to the post spew that came before mine. Saying that Leah is racist and hates characters. Which likely is not even true.

Magneto getting cartoonishly punched, kaiju and senior citizens are the main take aways from this book.

Does anybody even remeber that Wanda was brutally murdered while running for her life?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Magneto getting cartoonishly punched, kaiju and senior citizens are the main take aways from this book.

Does anybody even remeber that Wanda was brutally murdered while running for her life?
    I think the discussion about Wanda's murder died when it was found out to be herself that killed her.

I hope this issue makes sense. Last one was very confusing

Looks like it leaked or something? Some screens of the issue being posted on Twitter right now, there are some uh weird ones but better wait to read the whole thing instead of taking it out of context I guess?