Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    the fact that Dead!Wanda found herself lessened by the resurrection of an old back up would indicate that the soul is indeed transferred in the process* (enough to nearly kill Death and cause a new cancerverse)

My personal preference would be (following on from Leah's original plan to start a mutant pantheon with Battlestar as god of battle) for all the unintentional ritual sacrifice/bloodletting in the crucible (to ward away Wandas' curse) accidentally bootstrapping Wanda into godhood as the mutant goddess of chaos (and death, considering their immortality requires a mutant circuit and technology operating in perfect harmony). It at least formalizes the antagonistic relationship between Wanda and mutantdom that is never going away, serves to deter any ambitions of going after her and perhaps serves as an ironic punishment of Eric's bombast in Jerusalem

* which begs the interesting question of what happens if a mutant dies from being harvested for the Eternals' resurrection and is resurrected in turn?

But Kurt (along with many other Marvel characters) has been able to walk around without a soul. So what exactly is a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I never understood the need to dismiss the resurrection protocols as just "cloning" or not the real person. They went out of their way to equate it in story as the same person. It's all fiction at the end, so it shouldn't really make it any different than any explanation they have given for a return in the past. It's just a central plot point of the story now.

The memory thing are just one of the many imperfections of that system, but it doesn't stop the characters from being themselves.

That said, I'm not convince that Wanda was resurrected following procedure. Or if she even is meant to be Wanda. But this story is all over the place, so I don't know if it matters.
    She likely wasn't raised the same way, because the council forbade it. However the lights went about it was non-kosher.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    the fact that Dead!Wanda found herself lessened by the resurrection of an old back up would indicate that the soul is indeed transferred in the process* (enough to nearly kill Death and cause a new cancerverse)

My personal preference would be (following on from Leah's original plan to start a mutant pantheon with Battlestar as god of battle) for all the unintentional ritual sacrifice/bloodletting in the crucible (to ward away Wandas' curse) accidentally bootstrapping Wanda into godhood as the mutant goddess of chaos (and death, considering their immortality requires a mutant circuit and technology operating in perfect harmony). It at least formalizes the antagonistic relationship between Wanda and mutantdom that is never going away, serves to deter any ambitions of going after her and perhaps serves as an ironic punishment of Eric's bombast in Jerusalem

* which begs the interesting question of what happens if a mutant dies from being harvested for the Eternals' resurrection and is resurrected in turn?
    The soul is still fighting Old Wanda, so no it is not transferred.

Wanda doesn't need goddess status. She needs written as an actual character, instead of a plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The soul is still fighting Old Wanda, so no it is not transferred.

Wanda doesn't need goddess status. She needs written as an actual character, instead of a plot device.
    I went back to reread issue 3. Wanda does say that a “part” of her departed and now she has fewer memories then she did before. That seems to suggest that Cerebro steals the memories from spirits in the astral plane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I went back to reread issue 3. Wanda does say that a “part” of her departed and now she has fewer memories then she did before. That seems to suggest that Cerebro steals the memories from spirits in the astral plane.
    Or it was trauma. She has an astral form. So that would not go along with what happens typically with magical characters when they "die" (they never really die). But this event has been weird too. It seems all over the place with stuff.

BANNED

She likely wasn't raised the same way, because the council forbade it. However the lights went about it was non-kosher.
    The 5 doesn’t need the council to resurrect anyone. Mystique, posing as Xavier taught Hope how to download cerebro backups.

And Hope has never been submissive towards authority, and has always been able to get the young to follow her.

Obviously, we will know everything next week and next month.

BANNED

Or it was trauma. She has an astral form. So that would not go along with what happens typically with magical characters when they "die" (they never really die). But this event has been weird too. It seems all over the place with stuff.
    You just don’t like to accept obvious things. Arguing against stuff that has already been written changes absolutely nothing.

Of course it’s okay not to like something but to lie just because you don’t like something in a comic is just plain silly.

Because of it was just trauma, following the context of issue 3, it would still need to show where the trauma made her soul go. Bring thst she lost a part of herself as soon as she was resurrected via the process the 5 uses, that’s where her missing pieces went.

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand the resurrection process very well and I wish they'd explained it in the first issue for people who aren't regular readers of the X-line, but it does seem like this is all shaping up to some kind of merged Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You just don’t like to accept obvious things. Arguing against stuff that has already been written changes absolutely nothing.

Of course it’s okay not to like something but to lie just because you don’t like something in a comic is just plain silly.

Because of it was just trauma, following the context of issue 3, it would still need to show where the trauma made her soul go. Bring thst she lost a part of herself as soon as she was resurrected via the process the 5 uses, that’s where her missing pieces went.
    There's nothing obvious about this event. And everyone harping that it's gonna undo the retcon are doing what exactly?

Like everyone discussing this has theories and expectations. No one knows how it ends. So step off.

I know how astral projection has worked before and her form being robbed from by some stupid clone isn't something they've put in canon before. And they don't say why she doesn't remember. You hope they resurrected her as a mutant and Mags' kid. At least say that. And not that I don't like to accept obvious things. Because I am not the person going around expecting that to happen despite them having retconned that way and not back even though they've had the rights for years now, and brought back the F4 immediately. And I don't expect them to invest in the "family" when they hardly did for 30 years. So don't tell me I don't like to accept obvious things.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    This is getting embarrassing. Just have Wanda magically save everyone already so the x-jerks have to apologize to her or whatever, lol.
    Hahaha pretty much this...
    GrindrStone(D)

Trial of Magneto #1 was/is strong. It had solid use of the X-Factor investigators with amusing interplay & conflict with the primary X-team and Magneto himself, which I enjoyed it very much.

Trial of Magneto #2 & #3, in my humble opinion, suffered from insertion of additional (and either unnecessary or too obvious) "high octane combat RARRR!!!" These two issues felt very "orders from on high" to me. Like many a comic book event or mini series, the need for violence-as-entertainment regularly insults the characters involved which tips reader enjoyment into the negative column. We love these characters and most of us would prefer they not turn lean immediately into irrational fisticuffs at the first sign of conflict. Some of it worked (Pietro's motivation to fight Magneto) and some of it didn't (Magneto fighting everyone?). Some key characters suddenly showed up (Wiccan) without warning or proper introduction and some key characters suddenly disappeared (Pietro). This kind of error begs questions on where and who dropped the ball. Additionally, I feel very strongly that the fill-in-artist's style (another indication of the rush-job-treatment this series suffers from) juxtaposed with the primary artist's style only exacerbates the disjointed feeling many readers are feeling.

Overall, this mini could have been stronger, but it is unreasonable to place blame on a single person. Any given comic book, single issue or mini-series, is the sum of it's parts, and the creatives involved are never looking to produce a product they are not proud to attach their name to. That's just silly. I hope some of the lingering questions get answered before the book concludes, and that perhaps a linear read of the trade will prove more satisfying. The concept of addressing "The Wanda Of It All" has been on many readers' minds and its a difficult undertaking to tackle a subject that so many people are clearly passionate about. Not everyone will be satisfied.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-26-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

They can't. Marvel just hasn't realized they can't. They did too much damage and then waited too long to try to redeem her, then flopped on the redemption several times. Now we are here where they are attempting it again.

I wouldn't blame anyone else. I'd have had Wanda go around and repower mutants with their permission. But I also would have never have done HoM in the first place.

Now they have to reconcile her growing MCU popularity with their lack of investment in the character for going on 20 years.
    Nailed it. They are in a corner now because of editorial blunders.

They very hastily re-purposed Leah's X-Factor story when they realised they had made a key bumble in not making anything to coincide with WandaVision. ToM looks like a cobbled together mess because that's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We love these characters and most of us would prefer they not turn lean immediately into irrational fisticuffs at the first sign of conflict. Some of it worked (Pietro's motivation to fight Magneto) and some of it didn't (Magneto fighting everyone?).
    This is where the set up can make a massive difference. Imagine the teams going to talk to Magneto and then someone (who like Quicksilver as you said makes sense to try to knock Magneto out no questions asked) decides to attack. Mags lashes out against a large number of X-Men believing a trap and a big fight starts.

Not going that route lessened a number of relationships involved in the story question perhaps none more than Lorna and Magneto. The story was clearly coming from the side of Magneto is a once villain so any evidence no matter how small that he might have done it is grounds for the heroes to treat him like a villain. There are characters who would think that way clearly and would act that way, but not all or even most of them at this point.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

It's funny to know that Old Lady Wanda is as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Alright, I have to open this Pandora's Box: how would you fix the Wanda problem? Anything from redeeming her, absolving her, or just ending her.
    Have her marry Hellion. If Hellion likes her, everyone else will like her too.
    2024: The Year of Hellion