Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 253
  1. #211
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Predicted next event…

    World
    War
    Wanda
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  2. #212
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    What's likeable about billy and tommy?
    Queer Icons, Billy as the Demiurge plays a key role in the creation of the 616 universe without him we wouldn't have shit, 10 year old TV Stars, Gay royalty, Jewish Icon, 1's fast the other's weird the list goes on.

  3. #213

    Default

    There's nothing to hate about Billy and Tommy. Leah is writing an event that is being controlled and mandated. It has no bearing on what she thinks of these characters. And that cannot be gotten from just a panel anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  4. #214
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's nothing to hate about Billy and Tommy. Leah is writing an event that is being controlled and mandated. It has no bearing on what she thinks of these characters. And that cannot be gotten from just a panel anyway.
    Considering what she did with Lorna and Magneto, I think that scene with the twins is on Leah. I don't see why Marvel would editorially mandate that.

  5. #215
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There's nothing to hate about Billy and Tommy. Leah is writing an event that is being controlled and mandated. It has no bearing on what she thinks of these characters. And that cannot be gotten from just a panel anyway.
    I don't think the mandate told her to write that even if they have their idea about how to handle comic wanda, that's on Leah writing.

  6. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Considering what she did with Lorna and Magneto, I think that scene with the twins is on Leah. I don't see why Marvel would editorially mandate that.
    She said herself there are things she wanted to do but couldn't because of having to go along with Marvel's plans for the character outside of the MU. So they are restricting this character for the MCU. And even besides that, whatever is written in this doesn't mean the writer hates the characters. At the very least it makes them a terrible writer. It's an event too, so I take it at face value. Events have been like this for 20 years now. They are plot driven instead of character driven. So everyone does stuff they wouldn't do normally. But I don't count Magneto treating one of his kids terrible as OOC. It's been just how they write him. If not at first in his relationship to them, eventually it happens. He's not historically the best father.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #217
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She said herself there are things she wanted to do but couldn't because of having to go along with Marvel's plans for the character outside of the MU. So they are restricting this character for the MCU. And even besides that, whatever is written in this doesn't mean the writer hates the characters. At the very least it makes them a terrible writer. It's an event too, so I take it at face value. Events have been like this for 20 years now. They are plot driven instead of character driven. So everyone does stuff they wouldn't do normally. But I don't count Magneto treating one of his kids terrible as OOC. It's been just how they write him. If not at first in his relationship to them, eventually it happens. He's not historically the best father.
    I'm just saying she seems to be the type to want to create family drama. Theres really no reason to assume Billy and Tommy mad and yelling at Wanda is somehow editorially mandated or related to the MCU. Maybe including them at all could be MCU-mandated bc of WandaVision (though I even doubt that considering this whole thing started on a book with Tommy's boyfriend that he was in), but there's no reason for Marvel to want to pit them against each other.

  8. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm just saying she seems to be the type to want to create family drama. Theres really no reason to assume Billy and Tommy mad and yelling at Wanda is somehow editorially mandated or related to the MCU. Maybe including them at all would be MCU-mandated bc of WandaVision, but there's no reason for Marvel to want to pit them against each other.
    No I didn't mean that specific part was but that the whole event is mandated. They've done it to Wanda the whole way. And I don't know the context to that panel until I read it. If it's them yelling at the clone, that will just be hilarious. Because the clone doesn't have the slightest idea what is going on.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #219
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No I didn't mean that specific part was but that the whole event is mandated. They've done it to Wanda the whole way. And I don't know the context to that panel until I read it. If it's them yelling at the clone, that will just be hilarious. Because the clone doesn't have the slightest idea what is going on.
    According to her, she pitched this as an arc to X-Factor, then Marvel turned it into a mini. So there's editorial influence for sure but she's still the one who wanted to make (at least a version of) this story. And I was talking about the leaked scene with the twins so yeah that seems like just something she would do to me. It's hopefully better with context and/or not really important anyway. Characters go around screaming at each other all the time in this and I doubt it'll really matter in the end.

  10. #220
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,683

    Default

    No spoilers for the new issue, but I noticed that the first issue listed Jake Thomas as the editor and now Jordan White is listed as the sole editor. I feel like a lot of times when a book doesn't make sense from issue to issue, there's been some editorial turnover in the middle.

  11. #221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    According to her, she pitched this as an arc to X-Factor, then Marvel turned it into a mini. So there's editorial influence for sure but she's still the one who wanted to make (at least a version of) this story. And I was talking about the leaked scene with the twins so yeah that seems like just something she would do to me. It's hopefully better with context and/or not really important anyway. Characters go around screaming at each other all the time in this and I doubt it'll really matter in the end.
    My post wasn't about the twins specifically though. It was in response to the post spew that came before mine. Saying that Leah is racist and hates characters. Which likely is not even true.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  12. #222
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Magneto getting cartoonishly punched, kaiju and senior citizens are the main take aways from this book.

    Does anybody even remeber that Wanda was brutally murdered while running for her life?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

    THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

  13. #223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Magneto getting cartoonishly punched, kaiju and senior citizens are the main take aways from this book.

    Does anybody even remeber that Wanda was brutally murdered while running for her life?
    I think the discussion about Wanda's murder died when it was found out to be herself that killed her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  14. #224
    Incredible Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    897

    Default

    I hope this issue makes sense. Last one was very confusing

  15. #225

    Default

    Looks like it leaked or something? Some screens of the issue being posted on Twitter right now, there are some uh weird ones but better wait to read the whole thing instead of taking it out of context I guess?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •