Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 253
  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'd rather that happen than pair Emma with Tony Stark, which has been hinted at a few times before.

    The problem with "she deserves to lose her powers because she's a danger to everyone around her" is that that also applies to like 60% of the X-men. So many of them have had a moment where they freak out or get possessed and caused massive damage.
    Storm’s powers put the Earth at risk just because her good-lay died.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'd rather that happen than pair Emma with Tony Stark, which has been hinted at a few times before.

    The problem with "she deserves to lose her powers because she's a danger to everyone around her" is that that also applies to like 60% of the X-men. So many of them have had a moment where they freak out or get possessed and caused massive damage.
    Or characters in general. Doctor Strange has been controlled a couple times and his knowledge on magic is pretty extensive. He could do a ton of damage. If I were a hero with a lot of power, I'd be going to Reed to see if he could do to keep Franklin from going out of control.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  3. #123
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    All of this talk once again makes me sympathic to those who wish the last 20 years of mavel comics get erased from continuity, save for keeping the few great stories alive and reintigrate them into a new continuity.

    We just had far too many character assassinations, dumb and short sighted editorial mandates harming the overall franchises they affect, incapable writers feeling the need to warp characters out of their designated and established shapes either to "leave their mark" or because they were obviously out of (good) ideas and a lot of very disapointed fans (many who left and never came back).

    And all of the above can be applied to what they did with Wanda and the X-men.

    Obviously there have been stinkers in the classic eras of marvel comics too, but looking back the good seem to outweight the bad by a lot, or at least the bad wasn't as prominent or as strongly preserved. Meanwhile these days the bad writing and editorial ignorance towards maintaining the core of their super heros, seems so oppressively normal that it's no wonder the modern stories hardly find a proper audience.

    All for basicly nothing as the ever increasing number of bad stories end up still being hated decades later and when they somehow get adapated to the screens (big and small) they usualy get altered so much only a basic premise remains. Meanwhile anytime a beloved classic story is adapted it creates intrest in the old ones, who often manage to hold up much better despite their age, simply because of the obvious quality that was more often maintained at the time either by the editors or the writers.

    So this whole sorry affair for Scarlet Witch and Decimination should have been cremated instead of embalmed a long time ago, but Marvel editorial has developed this "we didn't make mistakes" attitude that convinces them to preserve horrible character modification, the result of pointless events and bleak status quos for far too long if not still to this day. All for detrminental effect to their overall mass market appeal, harming their bottom line.

  4. #124
    The Joker was right! The Agent of Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I went back to reread issue 3. Wanda does say that a “part” of her departed and now she has fewer memories then she did before. That seems to suggest that Cerebro steals the memories from spirits in the astral plane.
    I just realized if that is the case, this means that they are copying an idea from the Venture Brothers. LMAO

    I also read the page and is suggesting that Jean and Rachel giving the Wanda clone her “memories” is what caused a part of Wanda’s spirit to depart from the afterlife. lol
    Last edited by The Agent of Chaos; 11-26-2021 at 07:59 PM.

  5. #125
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I would take her powers so she's no longer a danger. Then I would have the kids realize that she was NEVER really their mother, and have them cut her off. And then I'd banish her from Krakoa, and let her be the Avenger's problem
    Lol, why are X-fans so obsessed with a none X-character who has mostly been used for the sake of their extinction narrative.
    Just ignore her and leave her be.

  6. #126
    2022: The Year of Hellion Rift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    593

    Default

    For redemption, I think they really need to show the people of Krakoa that Wanda wasn't entirely at fault. She was not only having a mental breakdown, but people were exacerbating it or taking advantage of her situation. Yes, she ended up hurting many people and that isn't okay. But she's also a victim of things outside of her control, and she wouldn't have done what she did if it wasn't for those factors. A lot of mutants wouldn't forgive her, but they'd at least be able to understand her.

    Or just make her a mutant again. Wanda goes up to the island, flips everyone off and says they can't do shit because past sins are forgiven on Krakoa. What are they going to do? Kill her?

  7. #127
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For redemption, I think they really need to show the people of Krakoa that Wanda wasn't entirely at fault. She was not only having a mental breakdown, but people were exacerbating it or taking advantage of her situation. Yes, she ended up hurting many people and that isn't okay. But she's also a victim of things outside of her control, and she wouldn't have done what she did if it wasn't for those factors. A lot of mutants wouldn't forgive her, but they'd at least be able to understand her.

    Or just make her a mutant again. Wanda goes up to the island, flips everyone off and says they can't do shit because past sins are forgiven on Krakoa. What are they going to do? Kill her?
    Wade/Deadpool: (screaming) Stuff her in a shipping crate and Fedex the Witch to the middle of Antarctica-sorta like what Cable and his Brats did to me after we met!.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-26-2021 at 09:50 PM.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For redemption, I think they really need to show the people of Krakoa that Wanda wasn't entirely at fault. She was not only having a mental breakdown, but people were exacerbating it or taking advantage of her situation. Yes, she ended up hurting many people and that isn't okay. But she's also a victim of things outside of her control, and she wouldn't have done what she did if it wasn't for those factors. A lot of mutants wouldn't forgive her, but they'd at least be able to understand her.

    Or just make her a mutant again. Wanda goes up to the island, flips everyone off and says they can't do shit because past sins are forgiven on Krakoa. What are they going to do? Kill her?
    I don't think being a mutant does it, because she was a mutant before for about 10 years after HoM. They just should have let her continue what she wanted to do in TCC. Ask mutants for permission if they'd like their powers back and if they do, give them back. She'd have to face people she hurt. Face what she did. Maybe develop some actual relationships with people. But they'd rather shoe-horn her into events and try to force some reasoning that doesn't really make sense, doesn't really heal anything.

    Then after that was done 10 years ago, have her get a mental block to not be taken control of ever again. And even if a writer would come along some years later and undo that, there'd at least be closure for that moment.

    I just feel like now they waited too long and each story they tack on to try to undo it, just doesn't really help.

    Now I'd just put her on the side of Avengers or supernatural side, and keep her there. Because they've shown they can't really do redemption. I definitely didn't want her to be killed off and then some clone nonsense happening. Because there is no healing in that. She still did it. Only helped create new mutants. Didn't undo it and never faced her victims.

    There'd have to be some sure closure. And I have my doubts that editorial even wants that with how they've controlled this and other events that dealt with this topic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #129
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think being a mutant does it, because she was a mutant before for about 10 years after HoM. They just should have let her continue what she wanted to do in TCC. Ask mutants for permission if they'd like their powers back and if they do, give them back. She'd have to face people she hurt. Face what she did. Maybe develop some actual relationships with people. But they'd rather shoe-horn her into events and try to force some reasoning that doesn't really make sense, doesn't really heal anything.

    Then after that was done 10 years ago, have her get a mental block to not be taken control of ever again. And even if a writer would come along some years later and undo that, there'd at least be closure for that moment.

    I just feel like now they waited too long and each story they tack on to try to undo it, just doesn't really help.

    Now I'd just put her on the side of Avengers or supernatural side, and keep her there. Because they've shown they can't really do redemption. I definitely didn't want her to be killed off and then some clone nonsense happening. Because there is no healing in that. She still did it. Only helped create new mutants. Didn't undo it and never faced her victims.

    There'd have to be some sure closure. And I have my doubts that editorial even wants that with how they've controlled this and other events that dealt with this topic.
    They would not give Wanda a redemption arc because that would mean actually making a story about her, and actually having to put in the kind of work they only seem to do for their male characters.
    Because she is only ever used as a plot device in occasional minis and mostly pops-up on variant covers, it's a bit difficult to build any kind of character growth with what are basically cameos.

    But as well as that they love milking it for drama. Hickman stoked it up again because it animates the fandom. With Cap, Thor, Tony, Spidey, etc, they move them on quickly from bad stories (remember when Cap was a Nazi? Already forgotten), because those characters are important to them, so they make sure to fix them.

    With Wanda, they don't use her for anything, so it's actually more useful to them to continue to milk the M Day gravy train, they gain nothing by re-integrating her.
    Last edited by Relugus; 11-27-2021 at 12:26 AM.

  10. #130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    They would not give Wanda a redemption arc because that would mean actually making a story about her, and actually having to put in the kind of work they only seem to do for their male characters.
    Because she is only ever used as a plot device in occasional minis and mostly pops-up on variant covers, it's a bit difficult to build any kind of character growth with what are basically cameos.

    But as well as that they love milking it for drama. Hickman stoked it up again because it animates the fandom. With Cap, Thor, Tony, Spidey, etc, they move them on quickly from bad stories (remember when Cap was a Nazi? Already forgotten), because those characters are important to them, so they make sure to fix them.

    With Wanda, they don't use her for anything, so it's actually more useful to them to continue to milk the M Day gravy train, they gain nothing by re-integrating her.
    That's sadly the truth.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  11. #131
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Considering her behaviour of late, I’ll forgive this trainwreck so long as Wanda hands Jean her ass

    “Greatest hits” oh go eat a sun again Jean

  12. #132

    Default

    There is a relatively unique color scheme for the Trial of Magneto #4 variant title.



    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering her behaviour of late, I’ll forgive this trainwreck so long as Wanda hands Jean her ass

    “Greatest hits” oh go eat a sun again Jean
    Is that your prediction on the final battles of the book besides Wanda vs Wanda?


  13. #133
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    I really love the first cover, itīs rare when we get to see Lorna and Wanda in the same cover but I donīt know if it means trouble, given Wanda eyes seems like sheīs using her powers on Lorna but well, covers are often not what happens in the actual issue. Still I would love to see some team work from them both.

    I also like the second cover but as many have said, Pietro being absent doesnīt make sense at all. I get the symbolism of Wolverine claws vs Capīs Shield but Pietro is part of the family, he had to be there.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

    Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

  14. #134
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think being a mutant does it, because she was a mutant before for about 10 years after HoM. They just should have let her continue what she wanted to do in TCC. Ask mutants for permission if they'd like their powers back and if they do, give them back. She'd have to face people she hurt. Face what she did. Maybe develop some actual relationships with people. But they'd rather shoe-horn her into events and try to force some reasoning that doesn't really make sense, doesn't really heal anything.

    Then after that was done 10 years ago, have her get a mental block to not be taken control of ever again. And even if a writer would come along some years later and undo that, there'd at least be closure for that moment.

    I just feel like now they waited too long and each story they tack on to try to undo it, just doesn't really help.

    Now I'd just put her on the side of Avengers or supernatural side, and keep her there. Because they've shown they can't really do redemption. I definitely didn't want her to be killed off and then some clone nonsense happening. Because there is no healing in that. She still did it. Only helped create new mutants. Didn't undo it and never faced her victims.

    There'd have to be some sure closure. And I have my doubts that editorial even wants that with how they've controlled this and other events that dealt with this topic.
    With Krakoa's new rule of accepting and forgiving all sins it seems like they'd have to forgive Wanda. And if they don't than I agree that she should be kept far away from the X-line.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I really love the first cover, itīs rare when we get to see Lorna and Wanda in the same cover but I donīt know if it means trouble, given Wanda eyes seems like sheīs using her powers on Lorna but well, covers are often not what happens in the actual issue. Still I would love to see some team work from them both.
    If the issue summary and cover are at all connected to the issue it may be an old Wanda puppets Lorna against Magneto and perhaps the rest story. Its also possible Wanda's powers could also end up being combined with Lorna's in some strange and interesting way as well.

    We may need a betting pool up for who punches Magneto in the face this issue. I imagine there will be some level of resolution to the past year of thwacking of Lorna and Mags relationship like a piņata in this issue or the next though what it is remains to be seen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-27-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •