Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

If I can say one thing that's sort of in Williams' defense, some of what's wrong with this series could have been fixed if she'd had better dialogue editing. The dialogue and narration are so wordy they make Claremont seem concise*, but they don't have to be, every speech balloon and caption could have said the same thing in half the space.

Editors are supposed to go through these scripts and get the writer to cut down the dialogue and polish it. I'm sure this isn't a first draft, but it feels like one and it's not the first Marvel book in the last few years that makes me feel that way. They need more editors on fewer books.

*Actually, Claremont was pretty concise sometimes, he just had a lot of things to talk about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Magneto Should Still Be Scarlet Witch's Father, And Marvel Knows It
    https://screenrant.com/magneto-scarl...etcon-mistake/
    Bit of a stupid article with no mention of Wanda's series at the start of ANAD which did go into their parentage, because this whole thing is Marvel didn't do anything with it. In fact screenrant did mention they have a bad relationship so why not let them fly free.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope this issue makes sense. Last one was very confusing
    Last one was the Weakest out of the 3 Issues, was more of a set-up for this 4th issue IMO but still did not excuse the lacking of the issue I felt it has right away after reading it.

Issues 1 and 2 Left me please with some major good moments IMO and wanting more, 3 was a big letdown.

From the Teases of issue 4, it seems much better with more meat to it, but it is WAY to early to speculate if it will hit better or not, it has a better decent edge IMO in the previews then when the previews came out for issue 3, so at least getting the feels I had previews for 3 it paned out how I felt it would, so if 4 does the same it has hopes in being better, but still have to wait and read it.

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Looks like it leaked or something? Some screens of the issue being posted on Twitter right now, there are some uh weird ones but better wait to read the whole thing instead of taking it out of context I guess?
    Pages out of context are always weird not matter what, hard to say if anything is good or not just from them. Like I said uptop they have a better feel to them then anything from 3, more meat for story and major points at least, but indeed wait until one reads it to get the true picture, don't judge until full taken in it the best philosophy to any book. Trailer speculating will drive anyone up the walls, LOL.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This has become progressively worse with each issue. I understand this was an editorially mandated mini, but Leah could only come up with this? Marvel should have given this to Steve Orlando.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I hope this issue makes sense. Last one was very confusing
    I’m a reviewer for a comic site, and have glanced at it. It’s not.

I feel I'm gonna like this issue no matter what through in Billy & I'm pleased, Billy & Tommy together hell yeah I'm gonna love it. Plot is a secondary thing for me lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This has become progressively worse with each issue. I understand this was an editorially mandated mini, but Leah could only come up with this? Marvel should have given this to Steve Orlando.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m a reviewer for a comic site, and have glanced at it. It’s not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel I'm gonna like this issue no matter what through in Billy & I'm pleased, Billy & Tommy together hell yeah I'm gonna love it. Plot is a secondary thing for me lmao
    Choices where made for the writer Shadowcatand Leah was the choice, I am not a Reviewer by any stretch of life but I still rather give Leah the benefiter of the doubt and read what she put down full in both this and issue 5 until I can full grasp my view on the story, right now IMO Issues 1-2 where good while 3 was not, 4-5 can bring it all together and around like others have but we have to wait to read fully if that is the case.

I also era on the side of Journey as well more times then not, I find things I like more in books then dislike and take those as points I like getting out of the story both moments from Wanda and from others as well that stick with me(Jean Hugging Vision in Issue #2 is a Major one for me), I will see what 4 and finally what 5 gives to us in the end and what I and others will take away from it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Not at all surprising.

Are we allowed to post a link to a Twitter thread containing major spoilers?

Also, I’m not enthused…

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Also, I’m not enthused…
    DM's. I wanna see.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Also, I’m not enthused…
    Yes please, just put spoiler at the top and scroll down half a page.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Also, I’m not enthused…

No don’t post it. DM’s are fine.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Yes please, just put spoiler at the top and scroll down half a page.
    I’m scared to. ������

But you and CoCo can check your DMs now.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Pages out of context are always weird not matter what, hard to say if anything is good or not just from them. Like I said uptop they have a better feel to them then anything from 3, more meat for story and major points at least, but indeed wait until one reads it to get the true picture, don't judge until full taken in it the best philosophy to any book. Trailer speculating will drive anyone up the walls, LOL.
    Yup, agreed with that philosophy.

Also, I’m not enthused…
    I’m scared to. ������

But you and CoCo can check your DMs now.
    For your safety Mercury I would not, it is to early and even in spoiler tags for it to be this early I don't think it would be per the board policies or a good idea, even if I am wrong I rather not see anything happen to you , we can wait till the right time tomorrow.