Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default New Mutants #23 preview

Astonishing Member

Seems we finaly get to the point where it becomes obvious that the deformed girl just needs to get a better understanding of her power, instead of wanting to get killed and recloned to look less messed up.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I think I see a misplaced speech bubble. The blue girl who is asking if it's really No-Girl should BE No-Girl. And if Victor was sensitive about his arm, I wonder how he'll react to the tail.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I think I see a misplaced speech bubble. The blue girl who is asking if it's really No-Girl should BE No-Girl. And if Victor was sensitive about his arm, I wonder how he'll react to the tail.
    I think the blue person is actually just Rain Boy. Martha's the baldie with the visible brain.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Rain Boy got hair and Martha looks a lot like Cylobel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Could be unintentional, but would be interesting if it is. At least she can enjoy having a body for a while again.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I thought the exact same thing.

Martha looks like Mindblast.

0F8C2A2D-C969-413B-BC37-E0052C8BFF85.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Honestly....they should've been writing the stories to let Rod Reis let loose a long time ago! Art looks amazing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Seems we finaly get to the point where it becomes obvious that the deformed girl just needs to get a better understanding of her power, instead of wanting to get killed and recloned to look less messed up.
    I think those are just their astral bodies right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think those are just their astral bodies right?
    As far as i understand it yes. BUT. Considering her body in the real world looked so messed up (like permanently looking at her face through a bending lens) because of how her insecure and untrained mind made her powers deform it, the whole solution to at least a major part of her mutant appearance would have logicaly involved her better controlling her powers. As evident by her astral form (she still needs to work on that eye though) there reflecting how she should normaly look once she became a mutant.
    So she could at least look properly humanoid again, even if still mutated. However if that is allready in her hands, it also means any further alteration are possible too.

Which should have been pointed out to her, the moment she ever openly considered going through the crucible (meaning dying and getting replaced by a physical and mental clone with possible her soul), which again makes every adult in this status quo involved in handling the children and teens (or seemingly unwilling to get involved with them) look either like idiots or dangerously neglectful for both missing the obvious issues at work and for not pointing out the obvious solution.

Similar Martha could have had her brain transplanted into a proper body a long time ago, yet nobody seems in a hurry to do that for her ever since Morrison (with the exception of Kenji), which seems to have grown worse when everyone seems to have grown cool with casualy throwing away mortal coils for spanking new and improved ones.

Which certainly doesn't help with my impression of the whole status quo from HOX/POX on as a dystopian self destructive fever dream of people mad on newfound power and believing their own lies, while clearly making the same if not worse mistakes than any other human society they claim superiority over.
    Though if that IS the writers goal, they are doing a great job, even if this story has dragged on for far too long.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-27-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As far as i understand it yes. BUT. Considering her body in the real world looked so messed up (like permanently looking at her face through a bending lens) because of how her insecure and untrained mind made her powers deform it, the whole solution to at least a major part of her mutant appearance would have logicaly involved her better controlling her powers. As evident by her astral form (she still needs to work on that eye though) there reflecting how she should normaly look once she became a mutant.
    So she could at least look properly humanoid again, even if still mutated. However if that is allready in her hands, it also means any further alteration are possible too.

Which should have been pointed out to her, the moment she ever openly considered going through the crucible (meaning dying and getting replaced by a physical and mental clone with possible her soul), which again makes every adult in this status quo involved in handling the children and teens (or seemingly unwilling to get involved with them) look either like idiots or dangerously neglectful for both missing the obvious issues at work and for not pointing out the obvious solution.

Similar Martha could have had her brain transplanted into a proper body a long time ago, yet nobody seems in a hurry to do that for her ever since Morrison (with the exception of Kenji), which seems to have grown worse when everyone seems to have grown cool with casualy throwing away mortal coils for spanking new and improved ones.

Which certainly doesn't help with my impression of the whole status quo from HOX/POX on as a dystopian self destructive fever dream of people mad on newfound power and believing their own lies, while clearly making the same if not worse mistakes than any other human society they claim superiority over.
    Though if that IS the writers goal, they are doing a great job, even if this story has dragged on for far too long.
    We get it....You don't like the crucible
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

That cover is pretty damn awesome.

I just don’t care about these kids. I like Anole, but that’s about it. I’m interested in the actual NM team not these students

That cover is so creepy, I dig it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Interesting that Martha has a completely different look here compared to Spider-Man and the X-Men. I wonder if this is due to them being in a trippy version of the astral plane or if they’re just ignoring her canon appearance for the sake of recognition.