Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I am very very dubious of any story about forgiveness or growth that starts with the murder of a female character, particularly one who's story has been fraught with double standards and sexism. Its possible they pull this off, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think Wanda and Pietro will move to Krakoa to be with their father and with their fellow mutants precisely due to Wanda’s MCU popularity and due to the Avengers office lack of investment in her.

So it’s why she had to be killed and resurrected on Krakoa, or basically why she killed herself. For redemption and for acceptance on resurrection.

Wanda often subconsciously acts, like creating those monsters upon not locking what she learned when she got some of her memories back.
    They already said they are going back Avengers side after this is over. This story is just borrowing them.

She didn't have to be killed nor resurrected. And she herself is not resurrected. A copy was made of her.

It was never confirmed that Wanda created those monsters. We don't know how Wiccan will deal with this copy.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They already said they are going back Avengers side after this is over. This story is just borrowing them.

She didn't have to be killed nor resurrected. And she herself is not resurrected. A copy was made of her.

It was never confirmed that Wanda created those monsters. We don't know how Wiccan will deal with this copy.
    Wiccan has confirmed she created those monsters in the preview.

In the context of the comics the people brought back by the 5 are considered resurrected.

Do you have a link that says she is going back to the Avengers office?
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 11-25-2021 at 04:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I am very very dubious of any story about forgiveness or growth that starts with the murder of a female character, particularly one who's story has been fraught with double standards and sexism. Its possible they pull this off, but I doubt it.
    No doubt sexism was involved in what Bryne and Bendis did. However, in story they have to deal with that Wanda committed genocide, and that’s horrible no matter what your gender.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think you can even call what was in this mini an investment. Empyre either. She appeared in that for one issue where they wrote the character so inaccurately that I'd prefer they didn't even try.
    I need to read issue 5 to see how things end between the Scarlet Witch and Krakoa to say what I truly think or if I would say it’s an investment. Or what the impact will be.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Seriously why would Wiccan refer to his mother as the Scarlet Witch", such lame writing urghhh.
    My take is because Billy knows that empty husk isn't his mother.

Wiccan has confirmed she created those monsters in the preview.

In the context of the comics the people brought back by the 5 are considered resurrected.

Do you have a link that says she is going back to the Avengers office?
    I'll find it later but it was an interview with Jordan D. White during SDCC that someone transcripted on Twitter.

A copy with no memories is not someone resurrected. It's a terrible mess.

No doubt sexism was involved in what Bryne and Bendis did. However, in story they have to deal with that Wanda committed genocide, and that’s horrible no matter what your gender.
    It's even worse considering that female characters are still heavily outnumbered by men. That it also has womin's is baby crazy and a Romani woman committing genocide involved with it. So it's not even just sexist. Also, with Wanda being one of the earliest female heroes, she get some of the worst tropes tacked on to her.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The title of this series does not do good for what is actually about, doies it? The should have called it something like the sins of Wanda, or something.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The title of this series does not do good for what is actually about, doies it? The should have called it something like the sins of Wanda, or something.
    Someone posted earlier that Leah Williams didn't even wanted it named that but Marvel did it anyway for marketing purposes.

Could have been a worse name like Old Lady Wanda or something.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Just title the next mini “We’re Messing Up Wanda’s Comic History Again, oh and Magneto Appears”.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My take is because Billy knows that empty husk isn't his mother.
    Or because that's not Billy. I find the sudden appearance of the twins with no mention of Krakoa trying to snare Tommy and Kyle very suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or because that's not Billy. I find the sudden appearance of the twins with no mention of Krakoa trying to snare Tommy and Kyle very suspect.
    At this point I've just accepted that Tommy & Kyle scene will never be addressed again, I think everyone is real. Unless Wanda subconsciously created the twins that would explain Billy's Red Magic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This mini is all over the place.
    Last edited by Rnap22; 11-25-2021 at 12:22 PM.