Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

If my boy was in character, he would have just leave a punching bag with a painted angry face and his helmet for them to punch while he tries to solve the mystery of the three Wandas but well. I bet for Luna to be the next to punch him, just because I would love to see her around and if Luna is there,Pietro can appear again.

Last issue at least had them not insult each other, so we are on baby steps here, maybe they will look at each other without trying to attack? at this point I am not expecting anything out of this story when it comes to their relationship, like this has been their main theme on Leahīs X-factor, she resents him because heīs too controlling and he canīt stop insulting her when he sees her, does this makes sense for their previous interactions, not really but making sense has not truly been a thing in ToM and X-men has not given any clue about Lorna and Magnetoīs relationship so I think it will be a while before they interact again after this story is done.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-27-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Lol, why are X-fans so obsessed with a none X-character who has mostly been used for the sake of their extinction narrative.
    Just ignore her and leave her be.
    I think a lot of us are trying
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Is that your prediction on the final battles of the book besides Wanda vs Wanda?
    No, I expect Wanda (both/all of them) to be portrayed as a snivelling cringing weeping wretch who can’t take two steps without being lectured on how she’s doing it wrong like pretty much every appearance of Wanda in the X-books so far. Odds are the Avengers get beat up for reasons and Billy endorses the weird fiat currency scam Krakoa is running to Teddy

I would like for Wanda to wipe the floor with a powerful mutant. The mutant satan thing isn’t going away as the revenge fantasies in this thread show, so might as grant Wanda some dignity and explain why the blue fuzzy war criminal hasn’t sent the same 5 hit squads after her already
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 11-27-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    With Krakoa's new rule of accepting and forgiving all sins it seems like they'd have to forgive Wanda. And if they don't than I agree that she should be kept far away from the X-line.
    It would still feel false. I know that's how it works now. But it'd end up feeling lazy. I still as a fan of her's feel robbed of any meaningful character arc that could have come them going so such lengths to trash the character.

And from how Marvel has treated her and her future solicits absence, they are instead just gonna put her back in limbo until the next event where they use her as a plot device again.

It's crushing that even with the character's blinding popularity in the MCU, and having consistently sold out old comics stories, that they still only use her rarely. Sometimes just to stir the pot.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It would still feel false. I know that's how it works now. But it'd end up feeling lazy. I still as a fan of her's feel robbed of any meaningful character arc that could have come them going so such lengths to trash the character.

And from how Marvel has treated her and her future solicits absence, they are instead just gonna put her back in limbo until the next event where they use her as a plot device again.

It's crushing that even with the character's blinding popularity in the MCU, and having consistently sold out old comics stories, that they still only use her rarely. Sometimes just to stir the pot.
    I agree like I am beyond tired of this narrative on the X-side and tbh not much is being done with it, not for the X-men or the decimated mutants or Wanda herself so hopefully this will be done after Trial of Magneto, I liked the idea her fighting a version of herself that feels guilty, at least this is being done from her pov so hopefully this gives an end to this plot point.

I also donīt like her being made a mutant just to have an excuse to forgive her, I liked it with the X-villains because it added tension and the idea of the island being part paradise, part voluntary jail in exchange of sanctuary or a new opportunity was kind of interesting but it would not do much for Wandaīs relationship with mutants of the X-men. Sheīs already free, Sheīs an avenger and doesnīt pretend or wants to live on Krakoa, so them forgiving her out of obligation to a fellow mutant because of their law feels like cheating an actual moment of catharsis between both sides, I at least hope this doesnīt end this way.

But beyond that, yes, she could use a writer like Busiek to do a character arc for her that gives some order to her recent continuity.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 11-27-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

She does need a writer that cares for her. And she did have that in the form of Jim Zub, but it seems like they stopped approving him being able to write stories about her.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-27-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Why? Did he say something about it? Because I donīt see a reason to stop him from writing a story about her, given her next appareance will be on MoM I would expect marvel to create more stories with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Why? Did he say something about it? Because I donīt see a reason to stop him from writing a story about her, given her next appareance will be on MoM I would expect marvel to create more stories with her.
    He posted on Twitter back in February that he had pitched a couple stories to Marvel. Didn't end up happening. https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1363844039418798080

Thanks, I agree itīs rare marvel is not doing more with her or Vision or Pietro I would understand if they were using them in other titles but they are not using them currently, its good that fans are telling Jim Zub he should do more work with her, hopefully he tries to pitch a new story again, once ToM and Darkhold are done.

Thanks, I agree itīs rare marvel is not doing more with her or Vision or Pietro I would understand if they were using them in other titles but they are not using them currently, its good that fans are telling Jim Zub he should do more work with her, hopefully he tries to pitch a new story again, once ToM and Darkhold are done.
    I just hope Marvel lets him. I just don't get it. Like all other comics she's been in have gone back for reprint because of selling out. Make it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I just hope Marvel lets him. I just don't get it. Like all other comics she's been in have gone back for reprint because of selling out. Make it make sense.
    It doesnīt make sense, I guess we could ask Brevroot, he would be ambigious of course but maybe could give a clue about whatīs happening.

Fantastic Member

It doesnīt make sense, I guess we could ask Brevroot, he would be ambigious of course but maybe could give a clue about whatīs happening.
    This article from earlier this year, basically says Wanda and Vision's time has passed, and Marvel has moved on from them, and new, more nuanced (by which I think they mean less melodramatic) and more relevant characters (Wanda is perceived as pre-feminist and very conservative, thus she is viewed as out of date, while modern Marvel writers have also tended to write Vision as a generic robot with no emotions, they have all accepted Byrne's view of the character. They have tended to portray the likes of Vision, Machine Man and Death's Head as inferior stooges or background props to human characters, a complete reversal of their 1980s portrayals) have superceded them:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...el-comics/amp/
    Last edited by Relugus; 11-28-2021 at 05:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Considering Byrne wrecking Wanda and Vision was driven entirely out of spite for the preceding writer, it’s really aggravating that everyone latches on to it

I’m still suspecting Agatha all along.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’m still suspecting Agatha all along.
    Not shocked that the comics side still doesn't know what to do with Agatha despite her being MCU's biggest breakout character in 2021 along with Yelena. The senior ladies just don't get the level of respect as Magneto and Charles.

At least Irene is (finally) popping.