Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When in doubt, blame MCU, like that **** actually affects her comic presence.
    Many comics aspects have been changed due to the MCU, most have been changed back thank god.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Magneto Should Still Be Scarlet Witch's Father, And Marvel Knows It
    https://screenrant.com/magneto-scarl...etcon-mistake/

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Many comics aspects have been changed due to the MCU, most have been changed back thank god.
    The MCU didn't cause her absence from comics. That started with the end of HoM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When in doubt, blame MCU, like that **** actually affects her comic presence.
    Leah said what she was allowed to do had to be in the confines of the MCU. Not my fault Feige took over the comics division. Basically, everything that is happening in comics has to meet his approval as after the Fox merger Feige was given control of the comics division as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post

I judge each case individually. If the change is good, great. If the change sucks, get rid of it.

Of course change will always occur with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The MCU didn't cause her absence from comics. That started with the end of HoM.
    I'm not really talking about Wanda here, mainly comics and the MCU in general.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Leah said what she was allowed to do had to be in the confines of the MCU. Not my fault Feige took over the comics division. Basically, everything that is happening in comics has to meet his approval as after the Fox merger Feige was given control of the comics division as well.
    Where did she say this? Sounds fishy as pretty much the entirety of the current status quo is not in the MCU, and it's not like Pietro is dead in the comics or the twins Sokovian.

Astonishing Member

If MCU synergy was actually relevant to the twins I’m reasonably sure they’d have gotten more than scraps since the publicity for AoU

The MCU has become an awfully convenient boogieman to blame the comics division’s failures on

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If MCU synergy was actually relevant to the twins I’m reasonably sure they’d have gotten more than scraps since the publicity for AoU

The MCU has become an awfully convenient boogieman to blame the comics division’s failures on
    To be fair, Pietro died in AoU and wasn't even mentioned until six years later in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Firstly, neither Jean nor the clone the Phoenix Force fashioned after her committed genocide, which, per Oxford Dictionary, is defined as follows:

The Phoenix clone-turned Dark Phoenix consumed a star, which resulted in it going supernova and decimating D'Bari. Dark Phoenix was not aware that consuming the star would result in the death of billions.

Secondly, the Shi'ar Death Commandos eventually murdered Jean's entire family while she was still dead, though Rachel witnessed and recounted the massacre in Uncanny X-Men #467. The scene is long and gruesome, so I'll just post this page:

Later, in Guardians of the Galaxy #13, as a time-displaced teenager, Jean was put on trial by Gladiator and other members of the Shi'ar, but, after a battle with Gladiator, which was prompted by her finding out that he had been responsible for having her family murdered, the fight ended in a stalemate.

Subsequently, Oracle came to Jean's defense, noting, "This Jean Grey is...different than the one you so fear, Gladiator. She already has a different relationship to her mind and power set... This fight is over. It is done."

Towards the end of the issue, the Guardians of the Galaxy's Peter Quill comes to Jean's defense and warns Gladiator, "The Earth is under our protection, Gladiator. Next time you won't even get near it." Jean was officially resurrected a few years later, and her relationship with the Shi'ar has been different ever since.
    Jean knew about the existence of aliens though. So at best she got careless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Jean knew about the existence of aliens though. So at she got careless.
    That’s quite the reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That’s quite the reach.
    I don't think it is. Even the narrator says that she ate that star "without a thought of the consequences". Suggesting that she was being carless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I don't think it is. Even the narrator says that she ate that star "without a thought of the consequences". Suggesting that she was being carless.
    This is true. I was responding to you saying “Jean knew about the existence of aliens,” but, on second thought, that’s true too. In either case, the Dark Phoenix certainly didn’t commit genocide. It was involuntary manslaughter on a mass scale by reason of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

This isn't a new thing - the studio side of the business affects everything from character and costume design to character use. It's just on the X-Men side, we've gotten used to that manifesting more as neglect and kneecapping (re: IvX). I do wonder if that's going to change once the cartoon gears up to launch.

baumblume

i hate mcu..it is rasict