Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda still has the body. There is just better things to wear at her age.
    Does she? Cause former Gilf Destiny where's a similar outfit in design & it looks much more flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Does she? Cause former Gilf Destiny where's a similar outfit in design & it looks much more flattering.
    Destiny's artist didn't draw her boobs up in her armpits.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The worst series of the Krakoan era. Hands down.
    Worse than the F4/X-men "team" up?

She's like Madonna here. Trying to hold onto her prime.
    I screamed!

This mini is so wacky.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Worse than the F4/X-men "team" up?
    Agreed that was just...ugh

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agreed that was just...ugh
    And then it was made retroactively worse by Franklin not even being a mutant... sigh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And then it was made retroactively worse by Franklin not even being a mutant... sigh
    Yeah, remember when we looked at "Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't mutants" and thought that kind of thing wouldn't happen any more now that Disney had the mutant rights back? Nope!

Maybe it was never about movie rights, maybe it was just infighting between editorial offices all along.

It might not have been anything between offices but just seeing some characters they wanted to stream line. I still feel like they should have kept Quicksilver a mutant out of all of the changes, because he actually spent a decent time on that side. But they'll do what they want.

Alright, I have to open this Pandora's Box: how would you fix the Wanda problem? Anything from redeeming her, absolving her, or just ending her.

Personally, I think you could absolve her by blaming the whole thing on Xavier and Magneto. Have them be forewarned by Moira and monitoring her while she was going through her trauma conga line, and never stepping in. And when Pietro brought her to them to help, have them deliberately not help her and in fact push the two of them into causing the mess as part of their whole master plan to save mutantkind. Push them to the brink in order to motivate them into going along with everything later.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Also it's still hard to believe that they made a whole big deal of Billy not knowing Wanda was dead, both in this comic and in S.W.O.R.D., and then he just randomly showed up last issue and (unless there is an explanation forthcoming) no one mentions when/how he found out and came over.

Probably because Cebulski (or someone) is obsessed with reusing the titles of old stories for stories that have nothing to do with them (Inferno, Avengers Forever, Heroes Reborn).

Or maybe this was supposed to have more to do with Magneto before they added the kaiju attack and the Old Lady Wanda stuff. I have no idea any more.
    You're right on your first guess. Leah stated in an interview she would have never dared to calle this story Trial of Magneto but it was a marketing choice.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Alright, I have to open this Pandora's Box: how would you fix the Wanda problem? Anything from redeeming her, absolving her, or just ending her.

Personally, I think you could absolve her by blaming the whole thing on Xavier and Magneto. Have them be forewarned by Moira and monitoring her while she was going through her trauma conga line, and never stepping in. And when Pietro brought her to them to help, have them deliberately not help her and in fact push the two of them into causing the mess as part of their whole master plan to save mutantkind. Push them to the brink in order to motivate them into going along with everything later.
    They tried absolving her. It didn’t work. And I hope it would flop hard again if they tried blaming Mutants, any Mutants, for her actions.

Honestly, I’d just ignore it and have her exist somewhere else. It doesn’t seem like the Avengers side has any current use for her but I would just leave her out of the Mutant books. Things were just fine until Hickman made it a thing again. No more apologies, excuses, or worthless redemptions. Just move on.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 11-24-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

They can't. Marvel just hasn't realized they can't. They did too much damage and then waited too long to try to redeem her, then flopped on the redemption several times. Now we are here where they are attempting it again.

I wouldn't blame anyone else. I'd have had Wanda go around and repower mutants with their permission. But I also would have never have done HoM in the first place.

Now they have to reconcile her growing MCU popularity with their lack of investment in the character for going on 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The worst series of the Krakoan era. Hands down.
    X-Corp: Am I a joke to you?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't have a problem with either, but what in this series gives the impression that either of those things are going to happen?

The only references to either have been Xavier saying they're not mutants and "fooled Cerebro," and in the Hellfire Gala, Magneto saying that he considers Wanda his daughter even though she's not his biological daughter.

It doesn't look like they're changing anything.
    Wanda, a reality change, has been set back to a time where she was still Magneto’s biological daughter and a mutant.

Basically, I think in Axis due to anger at her father she altered reality so it would be believed she and Quicksilver would not be Magneto’s children.

Magneto didn’t use the words biological. Basically, he said there’s a difference between what is real and what is true.

BANNED

They can't. Marvel just hasn't realized they can't. They did too much damage and then waited too long to try to redeem her, then flopped on the redemption several times. Now we are here where they are attempting it again.

I wouldn't blame anyone else. I'd have had Wanda go around and repower mutants with their permission. But I also would have never have done HoM in the first place.

Now they have to reconcile her growing MCU popularity with their lack of investment in the character for going on 20 years.
    I think Wanda and Pietro will move to Krakoa to be with their father and with their fellow mutants precisely due to Wanda’s MCU popularity and due to the Avengers office lack of investment in her.

So it’s why she had to be killed and resurrected on Krakoa, or basically why she killed herself. For redemption and for acceptance on resurrection.

Wanda often subconsciously acts, like creating those monsters upon not locking what she learned when she got some of her memories back.