Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I think 4 and 5 will turn this around after that weird issue 3.

In the Cerebro interview she said (I think) that 4/5 are her favorites.

But theres still a lot that needs to be addressed to make this a decent mini.

An editorial needs to F off sometimes.

I just want the House of M to be fully reunited on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Maybe it was never about movie rights, maybe it was just infighting between editorial offices all along.
    According to Hickman, Slott's story "evolved." (I'm assuming this is the kind of evolution works backwards and makes everything worse.)

"Well, part of the problem with talking about this stuff publicly–and this is one of the (minor) reasons that I just don't do it much anymore–is because it really doesn't serve anyone to show how the sausage is made," he said. "When I was writing Avengers, I was working from a tight outline. I pretty much knew where I was headed the entire run. Not everyone works that way, and it would be unreasonable for there to be an expectation that everyone work that way, but I do. None of that changes the fact that one day I woke up and had to deal with Old Man Steve Rogers, Superior Spider-Man, Unworthy Thor, and Iron Man a billion miles away from Earth in Guardians. These are just the naturally-occurring complications of writing 'Big Books' at Marvel.

"Now, obviously, we would not have laid down the track we did in House of X and Powers of X and X-Men/Fantastic Four if we weren't planning on playing with that stuff–and who knows, we still might–but the truth is that Dan's story evolved. Which is kind of the larger point. Dan's the writer of the Fantastic Four. He gets to write the book. And I support him the same way I'd support Leah on hers or Zeb on his, and on and on. Velocity and volume make the job hard enough, and none of us have the time or energy to spare on pointless territorial disputes. And at the end of the day, you're talking about characters that have been around for over 50 years. It'll be fine."
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Wanda, a reality change, has been set back to a time where she was still Magneto’s biological daughter and a mutant.
    We'll see, I guess, but I don't think anyone in the story has suggested that she was actually Magneto's biological daughter and a mutant, but that she was mistakenly thought to be those things. It's not like anyone in the mini has questioned the idea that she wasn't really a mutant, or that her mutant status or parentage have been important to the story. As far as the first three issues are concerned, she's a witch who mistakenly thought she was a mutant for a long time.

But like I said, we'll see.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    After the last issue, I'm scared...
    Issue 3 seemed to do what most major or minor Marvel event series do sadly, spin their wheels in weird storyelements that seem clever but come off as weird usage of times. Always reminds me of Secret Empire and that whole Ultron Dinner moment, short of things like that.

Issues 1 and 2 where strong, but 3 felt like set-up at best not fully thought threw with payoffs being being somewhat given with these 2 panels alone.

Their seems to be allot more meat here to look forward to and chew on that all of issue 3, so that is a good start.

The how is they can get serious and continue that interest that I got myself after reading these 2 panels.

In the End Mercury, Scared is always understandable, but their is still much more story to be run before we can see this all clearly and this alone gives be hope for Good Story and Development for Wanda, the Avengers and the X-Men like we got out of Issues 1 and 2.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

That is good to hear about Cerebro's Views on 4 and 5 , just to hope now that includes feelings that it achieved good story, development and resolution for both this story and the past few years. It is still only 2 issues, but I have see much done in single issues more then I might get out of a dozen issues of another story, it is not the quality of storytime but quality in what you use of our pages. Lets hope that Favor view she has of them equals to that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Old Wanda should be ashamed of herself her literal bestie is Gilf Agatha Harkness who never misses in fashion she should have worn a more flattering outfit!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's like Madonna here. Trying to hold onto her prime.
    That, is the real reason why Aggie is dissing Wanda in another issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Alright, I have to open this Pandora's Box: how would you fix the Wanda problem? Anything from redeeming her, absolving her, or just ending her.

Personally, I think you could absolve her by blaming the whole thing on Xavier and Magneto. Have them be forewarned by Moira and monitoring her while she was going through her trauma conga line, and never stepping in. And when Pietro brought her to them to help, have them deliberately not help her and in fact push the two of them into causing the mess as part of their whole master plan to save mutantkind. Push them to the brink in order to motivate them into going along with everything later.
    I am a separatist so my method is simply Wanda and X-franchise ignoring each other no mattered what the story of ToM implies, it's not like they actually need each other, they breed drama for sure but most of them will be a mess.
    Her problem is having a tie that can be milked for drama but said drama won't benefit her, absolving her probably won't prevent her from being used in similar fashion. The only thing that can actually protect her is probably popularity and editorial push.

Extraordinary Member

I think Wanda and Pietro will move to Krakoa to be with their father and with their fellow mutants precisely due to Wanda’s MCU popularity and due to the Avengers office lack of investment in her.

So it’s why she had to be killed and resurrected on Krakoa, or basically why she killed herself. For redemption and for acceptance on resurrection.

Wanda often subconsciously acts, like creating those monsters upon not locking what she learned when she got some of her memories back.
    So basically they did an asspull to milk her MCU popularity without any actual consideration for her own character?
    Life story of Wanda fans lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I would rather Wanda peace out and piss off, if 5 issues on Krakoa is already this much of a torture to get through, I cannot imagine her being in X-franchise in the foreseeable future.

Seriously why would Wiccan refer to his mother as the Scarlet Witch", such lame writing urghhh.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Seriously why would Wiccan refer to his mother as the Scarlet Witch", such lame writing urghhh.
    Because they don't have a close parental relationship. He's not the same person she gave birth to, he was born to other people. He's inherited her son Billy's spirit. And they've barely gotten to know each other since they found out their link.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That, is the real reason why Aggie is dissing Wanda in another issue.
    Lol, probably. She has unreliable fashion taste!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So basically they did an asspull to milk her MCU popularity without any actual consideration for her own character?
    Life story of Wanda fans lol.
    That’s comics for you, lol. The Avengers office doesn’t seem to want to use her at a time where there isn’t an Avengers team in MCU. So the X-office which is obviously getting a lot of investment gets to use Wanda, first in Empyre and now in Trial of Magneto.

I always liked the Scarlet Witch as an Avenger. Too bad Aaron has trashed the Avengers.

Still, it’s nice to see Wanda and Pietro finally on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

That’s comics for you, lol. The Avengers office doesn’t seem to want to use her at a time where there isn’t an Avengers team in MCU. So the X-office which is obviously getting a lot of investment gets to use Wanda, first in Empyre and now in Trial of Magneto.

I always liked the Scarlet Witch as an Avenger. Too bad Aaron has trashed the Avengers.

Still, it’s nice to see Wanda and Pietro finally on Krakoa.
    I would rather her stay in limbo than being in this mess, thank you.

I don't think you can even call what was in this mini an investment. Empyre either. She appeared in that for one issue where they wrote the character so inaccurately that I'd prefer they didn't even try.