Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default The Human Target #2 Preview

The Human Target #2 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Greg Smallwood

Ice looks amazing! Hopefully she's not a killer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ice looks amazing! Hopefully she's not a killer.
    Why haven't you learned your lesson about bringing hope to a King written series?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why haven't you learned your lesson about bringing hope to a King written series?
    I should probably just learn to expect established characters to act how Kings' plots need them to act...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I should probably just learn to expect established characters to act how Kings' plots need them to act...
    Now you're learning

Also, hamfisted symbolism. Don't forget that!

Alright so I’m going to put this in a spoiler box because I need to make sure I understood this issue

spoilers:
    So basically he tricked Ice into visiting him by impersonating Doc Mid-nite on the phone and after a slightly romantic day out, I’m sure that won’t come back to bite him, the current suspects are Fire and Guy Gardner because they were really upset with him concerning Ice’s death. Also Ice herself was a suspect and it’s debatable if she still is.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yep, basically that.
    Also, this is a detective noir story. The femme fatale is always involved.
    ANd I think it is confirmed than this story is very in its own continuity because is taking elements from different eras to put them in the present.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

Is it too much to ask for a Tom King book that doesn't destroy a member of the JLI?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yep, basically that.
    Also, this is a detective noir story. The femme fatale is always involved.
    ANd I think it is confirmed than this story is very in its own continuity because is taking elements from different eras to put them in the present.
    Oh yeah when they started referencing Ice’s death which I believe was a late 90’s, early 2000’s thing and not during the international era that I figured King is doing his own thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh yeah when they started referencing Ice’s death which I believe was a late 90’s, early 2000’s thing and not during the international era that I figured King is doing his own thing.
    Well technically with Infinity Frontier the current mindset is that everything happened or whatever weird crap DC made up post Death Metal to keep messing up with continuity and making things more complicated for readers.

Amazing Member

Ice's death was pre-Grant Morrison JLA, in the waning days of the JLI, post-Giffen and DeMatteis.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well technically with Infinity Frontier the current mindset is that everything happened or whatever weird crap DC made up post Death Metal to keep messing up with continuity and making things more complicated for readers.
    And as with everything branded Black Label, it can be considered as not canon until declared as such.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And as with everything branded Black Label, it can be considered as not canon until declared as such.
    Yeah, but with the "everything happened" card they can say that the black labels are canon too. I'm not saying that black label books are canon, but that they can use this excuse to make them canon. It's just a cheap get out of jail card.

Astonishing Member

Alright so I’m going to put this in a spoiler box because I need to make sure I understood this issue

spoilers:
    So basically he tricked Ice into visiting him by impersonating Doc Mid-nite on the phone and after a slightly romantic day out, I’m sure that won’t come back to bite him, the current suspects are Fire and Guy Gardner because they were really upset with him concerning Ice’s death. Also Ice herself was a suspect and it’s debatable if she still is.
    end of spoilers
    My first thought after reading this was I hope this is not canon.

Ultimate Member

Oh, so King used Ice's super duper racist origin.

Yay.