Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Think they are trying to use Whistle and Primer to bring in some of the young readers in. I am undecided on more characters Avengers Academy done in fairly well while Titans Academy not so much.
    That would work better in a spinoff like what Shazam got instead of dropping them in issue 9.

Avengers Academy had a smaller cast till issue 18 or so while New Mutants focused more on the teachers.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-30-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

How do 5 teachers handle 600 students with powers

I mean calling all titans, get lilith, Malcolm and Karen here stat
    Honestly it feels weird bunker is leading the titans, Tim drake get over here

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this was hilariously bad like a cw show
    CW shows are more interesting and don't sideline the main draws.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I will put everything i had to say in the spoiler tag, but this book is trash. I usually don't get mad reading comic books, i didn't even talk about how boring was the previous issues, but i'm tired of the writers of the freaking Titans book continuously making them look like a bunch of jokes.

spoilers:
    Red X toyed with the Titans like it was nothing, once again!
    Wally and Kory could do nothing against him and he completely took Cyborg out off screen, without touching him.

F this book, man. All it does it to make the Titans look horrible and incompetent every single time they have to face someone.

I thought this issue was about Roy and Wally meeting, but they didn't even interact here. Roy only appears in the last page!

I will ask ONCE AGAIN! If Red X can take out, by himself, the Suicide Squad AND the Titans, WHY ON EARTH is this dude trying to recrut CHILDREN to his team? Go fight some crime, dude.

And what is the end game here? Eight issues in and we don't know **** about what Red X really wants. He keeps poping in and out and doesn't accomplishes nothing.

Also, thank you for bringing up Heroes in Crisis, it's not like i already had reasons to dislike this book.

end of spoilers

I had high hopes for this book, i even defended before it started coming out, but i can wait for this to be over.
    I wonder if Red X is the same person or if multiple people wearing the suit. Maybe the Titans will take him(?) more seriously now, they acted so nonchalantly about Red X's previous antics I assumed they knew his identity or he was on their payroll.

Red X made a good point though, who would entrust their children to the Titans? They've lost too many member and as Red X said their house isn't in order.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't know if they are meant to be. The kids are supposed to be the draw for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't know if they are meant to be. The kids are supposed to be the draw for me.
    The kids haven't been a draw at all.

I wonder if Red X is the same person or if multiple people wearing the suit. Maybe the Titans will take him(?) more seriously now, they acted so nonchalantly about Red X's previous antics I assumed they knew his identity or he was on their payroll.

Red X made a good point though, who would entrust their children to the Titans? They've lost too many member and as Red X said their house isn't in order.
    I don't think so, he is probably the redhead kid, i don't remember his name.
    I'm sure Sheridan will do a grand reveal of him as Red X and we still don't know **** about him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The kids are the focus of the series with the Titans as supporting players.

Astonishing Member

I don't think so, he is probably the redhead kid, i don't remember his name.
    I'm sure Sheridan will do a grand reveal of him as Red X and we still don't know **** about him.
    I wonder if Red X being able to manipulate Kryptonite in Suicide Squad and the way they dealt with Cyborg(albeit off screen) are hints about their power set or Sheridan hyping them up.

It wouldn't be an issue to me of the Titans were actually handled well.

When this was announced i knew the new kids were going be the focus of the book, but i envisioned something like My Hero Academia where the teachers are actually good heroes that save the students once in a while.

Not here tho, here the teachers are incompetent punching bags and background characters.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

depends on which one

It wouldn't be an issue to me of the Titans were actually handled well.

When this was announced i knew the new kids were going be the focus of the book, but i envisioned something like My Hero Academia where the teachers are actually good heroes that save the students once in a while.

Not here tho, here the teachers are incompetent punching bags and background characters.
    I don't mind that. I don't care for the Titans but I'm not trying to stomp on their fans.

Extraordinary Member

This book is double shipping next month
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 11-30-2021 at 04:52 PM.

unfortunately, neither are the draw. Sheridan seems to be content with the "mystique" of Red X being the main draw, while doing the bare minimum with both the kids and the Titans/Teen Titans. I don't think the book is necessarily bad but it's been so underwhelming given the set up.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    unfortunately, neither are the draw. Sheridan seems to be content with the "mystique" of Red X being the main draw, while doing the bare minimum with both the kids and the Titans/Teen Titans. I don't think the book is necessarily bad but it's been so underwhelming given the set up.
    the side piece with shazzam was more fun, 2 kids, 1 titan a nice brief adventure.
    They should have broken up the kids like that with the titans and done mini adventures