Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    unfortunately, neither are the draw. Sheridan seems to be content with the "mystique" of Red X being the main draw, while doing the bare minimum with both the kids and the Titans/Teen Titans. I don't think the book is necessarily bad but it's been so underwhelming given the set up.
    Ideally, the Titans would be the draw with some of the kids becoming draws with competent writing and development. The writing, while not bad isn't good and none of the new kids have stood out.

The Red X mystery alone can't and shouldn't carry the book, even if it was properly executed. I've always felt the character was introduced too late and in the wrong setting.

No character development and now we get even more characters.

Extraordinary Member

Raven can casually freeze time right now . Why can’t she stop red x

Arrow

After reading this issue I still think that Red X should have his own series because with him being in the TTA is hurting the book because none of the academy students are getting character development.

I think there should be three books for the Titans Banner.

Titans

The Titans are just as capable as the Justice League. They operate as a team dedicated to fighting crime and injustice, and act as one of many Earth's first line of defense from terrestrial, extra-terrestrial and inter-dimensional threats.

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Bunker, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young experienced heroes like them.

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

With the help of Changelling, Lilith, G'Narrk and Jericho, the Titans Headmistress, Starfire will set out to mentor the next generation of young heroes to make sure no Teen Titan ever goes down a dark path again and more importantly to give young super-powered individuals a home and learn more about their abilities. They are mostly inside the tower because they are superheroes in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    After reading this issue I still think that Red X should have his own series because with him being in the TTA is hurting the book because none of the academy students are getting character development.

Titans

The Titans are just as capable as the Justice League. They operate as a team dedicated to fighting crime and injustice, and act as one of many Earth's first line of defense from terrestrial, extra-terrestrial and inter-dimensional threats.

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Bunker, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young experienced heroes like them.

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

With the help of Changelling, Lilith, G'Narrk and Jericho, the Titans Headmistress, Starfire will set out to mentor the next generation of young heroes to make sure no Teen Titan ever goes down a dark path again and more importantly to give young super-powered individuals a home and learn more about their abilities. They are mostly inside the tower because they are superheroes in training.
    I completely agree with you. Three books to flesh out everyone.

Extraordinary Member

Titans

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

even if the titans had their own book would it not focused most on teaching their students. Just possibly mission that included the kids

Titans

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

I agree with you in theory but not so much in the excecution (or the sequencing?) of the breakdown. I feel biggest issue is that these character aren't following (and are in need of) a clear direction, not so much that they need to be broken down into a particular status quo. These Titans for example, not sure how sustainable or beneficial it would be just splitting them off into a relaunch of what would essentially just be the New Justice Titans era (which was already reminiscent of previous Titans runs) when they Titans would/should be teaching students anyway. that would be a clearer character direction that could also achieve the same goals, if given enough room, as having them on another Titans run.

instead, I'd take some of the people you proposed for Teen Titans and the other upperclassman of Titans Academy, who have all been Teen Titans or TT adjacent, and graduate/upgrade them to the new generation of Titans. have them be the young heroes on the block breaking into that upper echelon of DC's hero landscape, trying to prove they're League material, and have them function sorta like the X Men to Titan Academy's Xavier Institute. again, it's can tick the same box as the ideas you proposed but it's grounded in the overall direction for all the characters under these Titans books.

then, instead of a Teen Titans book, I'd give that slot to a Red X solo limited series. with him out the way, i'd have Titans Academy focus on the older Titans. since they have all been on the League or achieved Leaguer/wider DC landscape status at some point or another point, as i said earlier, it makes sense that we should focus on seeing them actuvely teaching and developing these new kids. split the out of school focus between the og Titans stepping into and really own the new responsibilities that come with their more established status and running the school; and the new kids adjusting in the hero life. having those intercept from time to time.

after some development, and after Red X's limited is finished (and he's ready to be used as an actual character), then do Teen Titans with the new kids that are ready to be on the team and have that focus on them stepping out into the hero world more. with them being developed over there, I'd have Titans Academy lean full tilt into focusing on the facility.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-08-2021 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarity.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

A Titans book with Nightwing, Donna, Arsenal, Cyborg, Starfire etc. is long overdue.
    While I liked the idea of the academy at first, the main Titans characters are just completely wasted on TTA and on being teachers.
    It's not even that they are sidelined in the academy book, but the fact that they are heroes themselves, can have interesting field missions, and actually have a big enough fanbase to support their own book.

I think that a Teen Titans book could possibly have some difficulties.
    First, while there are a ton of young teen titan characters that could be used in this book, the question is if how many of these characters are popular enough or have a big enough fanbase to guarantee that people would pick up this book?
    Also, right now it seems that Robin's gang (Robin, Flatline, Connor, Rose) are shaping to be some of the most interesting young heroes in the DCU, and are even supposed to crossover with Deathstroke soon.
    Those ​characters also have a much stronger staying power (3 of them being the children of important heroes, villains, or both) than basically every character we met at TTA and many of the teen titans characters that were created.
    Of course it doesn't mean that we can't have a Teen Titans book, but the fact that there is another active roster of teen heroes, lead by Robin, playing a big part in the next DCU event, could make many ensembles of TT a bit redundant

Extraordinary Member

Titans

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

The academy students are fleshed out. The Proablem is red x identity won’t be worth the wait and he is way to skilled to even exist.

What’s frustrating most people is that the original titans nor the teen Titans are getting anything to do

Astonishing Member

I feel that, Red X getting allocated his obligate story-time aside, those who are saying the other kids aren't getting "character development" (or maybe they mean character progression and are conflating the terms) aren't focusing as much as they should. I dunno.

Whether they're holding out on the Red X mystery is one thing, but they are doing right by everyone else in turn as the issues continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The Proablem is red x identity won’t be worth the wait and he is way to skilled to even exist.
    This makes no sense, and rather reeks of fanboyism.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-08-2021 at 07:47 AM.

To me, I'm worried Red X is gonna be another Aizen from the Bleach franchise or the Hand from the Netflix Marvel sub franchise. An interesting idea with poor execution and it ends up tanking the story.

So far, Red X works as a foil for the Batpack. They are kids who wanna be the next Sherlock Holmes so he could be their Moriarty. Plus they are products of the foster care system with issues towards institutions and authority figures so Red X IV could lean into that. Maybe that's what Sheridan is building towards.

So far I think Radley is gonna be Red X IV. He was Brick's roommate introduced back in the Batpack arc. I'm hoping Red X II or III is an older Danny Chase. He's a deep cut but was around during the NTT era. Plus he's someone no one else is probably using. Its probably less editorial hoops to jump through for Sheridan. Grant Wilson also works so make him III.

I don't mind the other students, they just need something more to do. The 3 Red Xs and their vague scheme shouldn't be the only big thing going on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-08-2021 at 11:32 AM.

At least Aizen had a great reveal as the big bad at the end of the soul society arc. I doubt we'll have anything close to that with Red X.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Titans

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Raven
    Arsenal
    Donna Troy
    Bumblebee
    Argent
    Ravager

Teen Titans

Bunker
    Kid Flash
    Red Arrow
    Roundhouse
    Jakeem Thunder
    Darla Dudley
    Sideways

Teen Titans Academy

Every major character or team needs at least two or three books. I've come to realize that. You just can't stuff everything in one book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I feel that, Red X getting allocated his obligate story-time aside, those who are saying the other kids aren't getting "character development" (or maybe they mean character progression and are conflating the terms) aren't focusing as much as they should. I dunno.

Whether they're holding out on the Red X mystery is one thing, but they are doing right by everyone else in turn as the issues continue.

This makes no sense, and rather reeks of fanboyism.
    This makes no sense and reeks of fanboyism
    [IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/vGa3_-PdeOJzJdl9JxuTUXz7eh20CVxoy5VIjPgFeDfwmHgv9J1OrgWe qtGtbS0Ssj-kaotsf3TY9AxWGtMDWFUAKdpWOko_EW_FN320FQpPV-
    BJkoo134qXnyf_vCH-e9B4N4xkMw=s1600[/IMG]

Its gonna be alot of fun watching RedX harley quinn his way around the titans for the next 3 issues