Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing 2021 Annual #1 Preview

Nightwing 2021 Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Cian Tormey and Daniel HDR

I'll be interested to see how Taylor writes Dick and Jason together.

I'm not really looking forward to this kind of plot or the worst costume that Jason's worn since his supervillain days. But hey. It's Taylor's Nightwing and he's rarely let me down with this title. So we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not really looking forward to this kind of plot or the worst costume that Jason's worn since his supervillain days. But hey. It's Taylor's Nightwing and he's rarely let me down with this title. So we'll see how it goes.
    Which one ?

Oh I thought Nicola Scott was doing the interiors on this too. Shame
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be interested to see how Taylor writes Dick and Jason together.
    Ditto - I always think a properly written Dick and Jason should tolerate each other at best, and are more interesting when in opposition.

But they seem to be shifting things to be a bit more nicey-nicey, which... Is fine, if done well!

Incredible Member

This series has really had some eye-catching covers...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Ditto - I always think a properly written Dick and Jason should tolerate each other at best, and are more interesting when in opposition.

But they seem to be shifting things to be a bit more nicey-nicey, which... Is fine, if done well!
    Agreed, I’m not overall a fan of Jason being this close to the family. I miss him having some edge.

In regards to the preview itself, art looks good. I know it’s probably a bait and switch but I truly wish that scene was the real Jason. Pretty cool scene.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

See, I love Jason and Dick as brothers and this was a great exploration of that relationship!

One thing I thought was weird though was why did they use Preston Payne as Clayface here? Is Basil unavailable for some reason?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    See, I love Jason and Dick as brothers and this was a great exploration of that relationship!

One thing I thought was weird though was why did they use Preston Payne as Clayface here? Is Basil unavailable for some reason?
    Basil is a reforming, reformed, rogue right now, I think.