Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a second Jason story in B&R? Was that when Tomasi was writing it?
    After Morrison finished we had three fill in arcs before New 52 happened. One of those was written by Winnick.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    After Morrison finished we had three fill in arcs before New 52 happened. One of those was written by Winnick.
    And that was when Jason started to resembe a bit of himself. No surprises, it was written by Winnick. I don't remember anything about Jason wanting to make Bruce proud, or seeiing his errors. But I do remember a brutal but smart and controled, smooth Jason leaving behind Gotham and his threatrics there. It was issues 23 to 25 I think? Of the first vol. of Batman and Robin. I remember noticing the shift in characterization to the point that it left me thinking that it almost felt like a "take that". It's been a long time, and I probably need to reread it, but maybe it had to do with the actual shift in the continuity.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I've really enjoyed the issue. It was a great reading, one of those kind of stories I need right now. I love brotherhood Robins stories.
    I don't care which Clayface is, if Jason behaviour is not coherent and if he is using guns or a crowbar... DC's continuity is a totally mess right now and just having a well written story from beginning to the end is pure gold.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    And that was when Jason started to resembe a bit of himself. No surprises, it was written by Winnick. I don't remember anything about Jason wanting to make Bruce proud, or seeiing his errors. But I do remember a brutal but smart and controled, smooth Jason leaving behind Gotham and his threatrics there. It was issues 23 to 25 I think? Of the first vol. of Batman and Robin. I remember noticing the shift in characterization to the point that it left me thinking that it almost felt like a "take that". It's been a long time, and I probably need to reread it, but maybe it had to do with the actual shift in the continuity.
    Wait, that was Winnick? Oh ****, it is. Yeah it was 23 to 25. Jason's still kind of a jackass, but he feels cooler and definitely calmer.

it's the arc where fandom found out Jason reads Jane Austen and runs with it ^^