Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

all these girls grilling Ben not his fault that Peter wears a cloth suit
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    At least Ben's got Janine...

Astonishing Member

It's not like we can blame Ben for everything here, but I kinda see the point of Felicia.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's not like we can blame Ben for everything here, but I kinda see the point of Felicia.
    Pretty much, yeah. From our and Ben's perspective, he's doing what he can with the hand he was dealt so that New York can still have a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man who cares more about the neighborhood than about Beyond Corporation's bottom line. From Felicia's perspective, Ben is an opportunist who took advantage of Peter, the man she still loves, and his current indisposed condition to assert himself as the "one and only Spider-Man," especially given Beyond leaning on Miles Morales to not use the name anymore while they hold the trademark and have already given it to their approved agent. Of course, this just adds to the psychological and emotional stress Ben is currently under, as he's already been asking himself if he deserves to be Spider-Man, after all, which may be responsible for his recent underperformance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah.I know it's writers/editorial but in-universe Peter wear some f*cking armor will you

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. From our and Ben's perspective, he's doing what he can with the hand he was dealt so that New York can still have a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man who cares more about the neighborhood than about Beyond Corporation's bottom line. From Felicia's perspective, Ben is an opportunist who took advantage of Peter, the man she still loves, and his current indisposed condition to assert himself as the "one and only Spider-Man," especially given Beyond leaning on Miles Morales to not use the name anymore while they hold the trademark and have already given it to their approved agent. Of course, this just adds to the psychological and emotional stress Ben is currently under, as he's already been asking himself if he deserves to be Spider-Man, after all, which may be responsible for his recent underperformance.
    This, we have 2 POV's and both are justified.That's what makes good conflict

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least Ben's got Janine...
    will he though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

will he though
    I mean, right now...

Extraordinary Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/11/29/th...-man-1-review/

"This book effectively develops the relationship between these two characters through some rather clever last-minute Doctor Strange requests. While their relationship and mutual respect grows for each other, MacKay supplies plenty of imaginative magic-related monsters and New York issues to handle. In that respect, this issue further shows how incredible Doctor Strange’s life is as a protector in New York City."

Called it, ya'll got worried for no reason.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I'll gladly eat crow, but I'll wait the full thing to see what's it like. IIRC it's the same site that gave 8.5 to the Daughters of the Dragon issue?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

Not talking about the rating here, all these sites give most comics a 7.5+ and are highly unreliable in that aspect.

I'm talking about the Black Cat Ben dynamic.AIPT is my main source of previews and advanced reviews and have been using it for as long as I've been on here and maybe even before that and they haven't really lied w/ descriptions.

I agree we'll wait for the issue to come out but the fact they go out of their way to mention mutual respect when they could have just left it at relationship is what cements it for me.

Astonishing Member

I really don’t think Black Cat having an issue with Ben would be that out of character for her. I have a good feeling about both the Ben books coming out tomorrow (this one and ASM#80).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I really don’t think Black Cat having an issue with Ben would be that out of character for her. I have a good feeling about both the Ben books coming out tomorrow (this one and ASM#80).
    Cosigned.It seems very much in character.And we can have a mutual respect between them while maintaining the edge/coldness.

And ASM issue has massive potential if it's a deep dive into Ben's psyche, not to mention we may learn more about the faceless faces(lol)

Is this run any good?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Is this run any good?
    It's just a One-shot and will be put tomorrow

Extraordinary Member

Heard 2 more reviews not from people w/ sites(and ones that hand out bad reviews) and they both said it's worth it.The way the dynamic is set up is intriguing to me and sounds fun.Black Cat is said to be written very well and so is Ben.

Can't wait to read this