Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I read it. It's a fun read! Actually preferred it to this week's ASM (not to say this week's ASM was bad... it was good, this was just better). Good interplay between Felicia and Ben. There was actually a reference to PAD's Scarlet Spider series, which reminded me that that's unfortunately still canon... but hey, what can you do. Some really fun scenes with Cat and Ben taking on various baddies. This issue reminded me a lot of a Spider-Man Unlimited issue during the 90s Spider-Ben era when they teamed up against a Chameleon rip-off villain (Skull-Jacket?).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I read it. It's a fun read! Actually preferred it to this week's ASM (not to say this week's ASM was bad... it was good, this was just better). Good interplay between Felicia and Ben. There was actually a reference to PAD's Scarlet Spider series, which reminded me that that's unfortunately still canon... but hey, what can you do. Some really fun scenes with Cat and Ben taking on various baddies. This issue reminded me a lot of a Spider-Man Unlimited issue during the 90s Spider-Ben era when they teamed up against a Chameleon rip-off villain (Skull-Jacket?).
    I know this has to be annoying but could you give some detailed spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I know this has to be annoying but could you give some detailed spoilers
    Dr strange gave Ben a to do list of villains and situations to take care of. Ben and Felecia team up for all of them. At the end Ben explained his reasoning for taking up the mantle and Felicia let's him be Spider man until Peter gets back up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

It’s a good issue. I can see why it got positive reviews. I’d give it a solid 8 or 8.5/10. Nothing that epic or impactful, but just a fun tie-in with some good character work.

BANNED

This was the best Beyond book since the opening two parter (for me.) I loved the antics and hostility between Ben and Felicia. I wish Beyond proper had more of the kind of exploration of Ben's character that we get in this instead of like "ooooh look at the obvious shady evil corporation do obviously shady things while Ben goes on half assed Spidey adventures in the background.

Great book and the sort of thing this Ben Reilly fan wants when he asks for more stories with the character.

anyone want a free copy of this book?

JPR6AZI1BTY4X

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    anyone want a free copy of this book?

JPR6AZI1BTY4X
    I’d expect that from a spambot, but I’m surprised a real poster here is giving out passcodes to steal books. This should be deleted.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I’d expect that from a spambot, but I’m surprised a real poster here is giving out passcodes to steal books. This should be deleted.
    What if they are just giving out the code from the copy of their physical issue? I see people do that sometimes if they only read the print comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    What if they are just giving out the code from the copy of their physical issue? I see people do that sometimes if they only read the print comics.
    It doesn’t matter. I don’t support thievery. The comic has a price tag; it’s not free.

It doesn’t matter. I don’t support thievery. The comic has a price tag; it’s not free.
    ...it's not thievery if someone is giving away their digital copy, dude. I think you'll find you're alone here. People can do with their own property what they wish, and that code will literally only work for one person. What a ridiculous sentiment.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-02-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Nice small issue in the midst of all this conspiracy arc with Beyond.

I thought it was a fun issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ...it's not thievery if someone is giving away their digital copy, dude. I think you'll find you're alone here. People can do with their own property what they wish, and that code will literally only work for one person. What a ridiculous sentiment.
    I paid cash for the book therefore the code is mine to do whatever I wish to do with it

whoever redeemed it.....enjoy

thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    Last edited by omegafix; 12-03-2021 at 07:32 PM.

It was a good issue. I generally enjoy seeing the Black Cat.

I really enjoyed this. Felicia was great as I fully expected with McKay writing her. Just made a little bit sad that her ongoing ends with next weeks Giant Size.