Default Question about the Primogenitor Celestial and the origin of superpowers.

I know that, according to current canon, the origin of superhuman powers is the vomit of the Horde-infested Primogenitor Celestial.

I also know that Celestials and Deviants are a direct creation of the First Celestial Host, and that the Celestial introduced the X-gene at some point...

But in former canon, ALL superhuman powers (save maybe magic) came from Celestial purposeful tinkering... they purposely introduced the "seed" that could manifest powers given the right circumstances...

So, in current canon, are the powers of mutates without an X-gene like Rhino, Sandman, Spider-man, the 4F, Daredevil...etc., a product of Celestial tinkering, of are they just an accidental consequence of the Primogenitor's spilled genetic material...?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Technically, the origin of all life as it exists on Marvel's Earth is an accidental byproduct of the Primogenitor Celestial's diseased genetic material infesting the planet. Pretty nihilistic take on the creation myth, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, the origin of all life as it exists on Marvel's Earth is an accidental byproduct of the Primogenitor Celestial's diseased genetic material infesting the planet. Pretty nihilistic take on the creation myth, though.
    This is why Jason Aaron's work is better ignored

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    This is why Jason Aaron's work is better ignored
    His work on Avengers is the kinda stuff that a better writer will come along and retcon later and turn into something that actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    His work on Avengers is the kinda stuff that a better writer will come along and retcon later and turn into something that actually makes sense.
    Indeed. I wonder how one could work it out.
    A good starting point could be that what was said is only the partial incomplete version of the facts shown to loki who further "edited" it down for dumb mortals to understand. (Kind of like judging Death Note from its Netflix adaptation- loki the Netflix adaptation of reality...sound nice)

I have no trouble with powers coming from the Progenitor's genetic material rather than from purposeful experimentation; it would make humans feel more free... they wouldn't be guinea pigs created for some mysterious purpose, just a lucky accident... I never liked the idea of humans being some kind of tool in the making to be used by Celestials...

Mutants DO look a bit more manufactured than your average mutate who was bitten by a radioactive pig or whatever... and taking into account the Celestials' use of En Sabah Nur, I can see some previous version of Apocalypse being tasked with creating and spreading the original version of the X-gene thousands of years ago as a way to speed things up because they feared the Horde would arrive before Humanity was ready.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I have no trouble with powers coming from the Progenitor's genetic material rather than from purposeful experimentation; it would make humans feel more free... they wouldn't be guinea pigs created for some mysterious purpose, just a lucky accident... I never liked the idea of humans being some kind of tool in the making to be used by Celestials...

Mutants DO look a bit more manufactured than your average mutate who was bitten by a radioactive pig or whatever... and taking into account the Celestials' use of En Sabah Nur, I can see some previous version of Apocalypse being tasked with creating and spreading the original version of the X-gene thousands of years ago as a way to speed things up because they feared the Horde would arrive before Humanity was ready.
    That would make sense, actually.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

That's just Jason Aaron's version

Ignore, it will go away

Hopefully just like his run

He did sire an entire civilization(Clan Akkaba).... so it does kinda make sense.

Astonishing Member

I'm good with this idea

Now that Kree have been retconned to be a creation of the Primogenitors, I wonder if the Celestials are still supposed to have experimented on them too... I mean, there was a Kree Eternal...

Astonishing Member

Now that Kree have been retconned to be a creation of the Primogenitors, I wonder if the Celestials are still supposed to have experimented on them too... I mean, there was a Kree Eternal...
    Maybe they still did, and are the ones actually the reason they reached an evolutionary stand-still fearing what they could become.

Hmmm Noticed something interesting.... most of the Externals have children.

Apocalypse has all of Clan Akkaba, but more specifically Blink and Chamber as descendants.

Selene... had... well it's not clear how many descendants, but apparently Magma is one.

"Saul"(Garbha-Hsien) was said to have fathered over a dozen children, no real word on how many children they produced.... but that was thousands of years ago. He could have millions of descendants by now...

Which raises an interesting question.... what percentage of the Mutant population(and humans in general) is descended from an External? Some of them are well over 16,000 years old!