Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,870

    Default Fox' Quicksilver vs MCU Makkari

    since Fox' X-men movie version of Quicksilver are one of the exceptions of the "Comic Book Characters are weaker in other media" trope. we decided to use that version of Quicksilver against MCU Makkari from Eternals movie

    who take this?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

    calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

  2. #2
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    I think from another thread big brought up Makkari seems considerably faster than MCU Quick actually
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think from another thread big brought up Makkari seems considerably faster than MCU Quick actually
    I use Fox' X-men movies' Quicksilver(which's more powerful than even his comic self) here, not Comic or MCU ones
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

    calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

  4. #4
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    I use Fox' X-men movies' Quicksilver(which's more powerful than even his comic self) here, not Comic or MCU ones
    Sorry, that's what I meant, Fox Quicks
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

  5. #5
    Peter Scott SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,547

    Default

    Stalemate?

    Makkari can't touch QS, but I don't think QS has enough strength to hurt Makkari.

  6. #6
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    I figure that Quicky, given his speed edge, ought to be able to eventually wear down Makkari's durability. He hits really hard, and does things like throw fully grown humans a killometer or so with casual gestures. Makkari is damn fast, but Quicksilver is a bit faster still, by my back-of-soiled-cocktail-napkin calcs.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  7. #7
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    I dunno. Quicksilver only hits hard because he's fast, not because of any enhanced strength. Relative velocity means that since Makarri is moving against Quicksilver faster than anything else he has encountered in his universe, he will be hitting her much less forcefully than the non-speedsters he's been shown to hit in his universe. Basically, I'm unsure if that's enough to bypass what I assume is standard Eternal physiology.

    What's Makarri's greatest durability feat in the movie?

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    I use Fox' X-men movies' Quicksilver(which's more powerful than even his comic self) here, not Comic or MCU ones
    Is he? I thought comic Quicksilver was still faster?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is he? I thought comic Quicksilver was still faster?
    Fox' Quicksilver is faster than even his comic self
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

    https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

    calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

  10. #10
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is he? I thought comic Quicksilver was still faster?
    For my money, Comic Quicksilver is not far off his film counterpart. Guy is definitely in the thousands of mach and stuff by his consistent feats.

    The mansion evacuation is pretty wildly fast though and a bit tricky to calc out because Pietro's speed kind of varies within it and the exact distances he travels are hard to suss out. It's easily in the thousands of mach at least but I'd be hard pressed to be more precise than that.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  11. #11
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I dunno. Quicksilver only hits hard because he's fast, not because of any enhanced strength. Relative velocity means that since Makarri is moving against Quicksilver faster than anything else he has encountered in his universe, he will be hitting her much less forcefully than the non-speedsters he's been shown to hit in his universe. Basically, I'm unsure if that's enough to bypass what I assume is standard Eternal physiology.

    What's Makarri's greatest durability feat in the movie?
    Thing is, he's still like 5 or 10x as fast as she is when he goes all out. It's not really that far from hitting a statue for him.

    In the mansion scene, he's literally moving much faster than the explosion that destroyed the mansion, and then flash-steps from that speed up to "move so fast even the slow-time camera can't follow him at all" speeds in the middle of it. And he does all of this while basically screwing around and having fun.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  12. #12
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,286

    Default

    And I finally got a chance to see Eternals.

    Honestly I doubt Quicksilver has the oomph to hurt Makkari. She took a blast from Ikaris' eyebeams straight to the chest and was back up again in seconds. That's waaaaaay more force than anything Fox Quicksilver has ever produced. All the Eternals seem to have enhanced durability to the extent that it should be considered standard. She also seems to have an edge in endurance, able to run from somewhere in Iraq to the middle of the Indian Ocean in... timed from my video... 14 seconds (from a very general google search, that's over 5,200 miles - how much is that in mach anyway?).

    Edit: from my own back of the envelope calculation it appears to be in the thousands of machs as well, somewhere in the range of mach 1,500 - this assumes both points were in the center of Iraq and the Indian Ocean, respectively, and that Makarri went on a shortest, most direct line (which we know she did *not* do, because we see her going through Rio de Jeneiro, which means she went the long way around).

    Edit 2: From the video, she goes from Iraq, to Italy (the aquaducts), to Rio de Jeneiro (Christ the Redeemer), to the middle of the Indian Ocean. That's 24,368.99 km (15,142.19 mi) in... 14 seconds. She should be going close to mach 5,000 or so.

    Does Fox Quicksilver need to rest in any way? Because if he does she outlasts him.
    Last edited by Twickster; 01-13-2022 at 10:58 AM.

  13. #13
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masonicon View Post
    Fox' Quicksilver is faster than even his comic self
    He's faster than any live action speedster.

  14. #14
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    And I finally got a chance to see Eternals.

    Honestly I doubt Quicksilver has the oomph to hurt Makkari. She took a blast from Ikaris' eyebeams straight to the chest and was back up again in seconds. That's waaaaaay more force than anything Fox Quicksilver has ever produced. All the Eternals seem to have enhanced durability to the extent that it should be considered standard. She also seems to have an edge in endurance, able to run from somewhere in Iraq to the middle of the Indian Ocean in... timed from my video... 14 seconds (from a very general google search, that's over 5,200 miles - how much is that in mach anyway?).

    Edit: from my own back of the envelope calculation it appears to be in the thousands of machs as well, somewhere in the range of mach 1,500 - this assumes both points were in the center of Iraq and the Indian Ocean, respectively, and that Makarri went on a shortest, most direct line (which we know she did *not* do, because we see her going through Rio de Jeneiro, which means she went the long way around).

    Edit 2: From the video, she goes from Iraq, to Italy (the aquaducts), to Rio de Jeneiro (Christ the Redeemer), to the middle of the Indian Ocean. That's 24,368.99 km (15,142.19 mi) in... 14 seconds. She should be going close to mach 5,000 or so.

    Does Fox Quicksilver need to rest in any way? Because if he does she outlasts him.
    QS hurt apocalypse I'd put him over the deviants so I'd say QS can hurt her just fine.

  15. #15
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    I'd put Fox Quicky still "somewhat" faster than MCU Makkari, combined with his incredible hitting force, he should be able to get through her defense for a KO eventually. She's fast as hell but not quite fast enough to hit him, and it's not like he seems to get tired doing his thing. He wasn't breathing heavy after the mansion scene or anything.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •