Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Man Coming to Marvel's Avengers Game in Fall/Winter

whats the consensus on the game anyway? it was hype when announced, when it came out it lost its luster
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Looks like we're getting the classic Spider-Man costume, too. Not bad, though I hope in spite of everything that's gone down with this game so far, they can do a decent job overall with Spider-Man's characterization.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"Spider-Man will only be available on Playstation consoles" this is literally the stupidest decision ever. Well, screw you Sony.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    "Spider-Man will only be available on Playstation consoles" this is literally the stupidest decision ever. Well, screw you Sony.
    I'm guessing you don't have a playstation

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's okay, nobody really cares about that game anyway. It's plagued by micro-transactions.

I do have a PlayStation. Sony's decision is just stupid. That's all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    It's okay, nobody really cares about that game anyway. It's plagued by micro-transactions.
    I didn't buy it, I don't even have a Playstation myself.I was just teasing is all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I do have a PlayStation. Sony's decision is just stupid. That's all.
    Why do they do it?Is it a technical thing or....

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Why do they do it?Is it a technical thing or....
    Marvel licensed Spider-man to Sony for the PS4 game and beyond (they likely had a multiple game option), so I imagine a part of that was exclusive videogame rights to the character. Even if not, with the contacts and contracts already in place it just makes business sense for Sony to pay to make Spider-man PS (and Sony) exclusive. Just having that mental association of Spider-man = Sony pays for itself.

I mainly use an Xbox, and this spider-man bullshit is one of the main reasons I didn't buy the game at launch. Honestly, I'm pretty thankful Sony saved me £50 on this garbage.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Marvel licensed Spider-man to Sony for the PS4 game and beyond (they likely had a multiple game option), so I imagine a part of that was exclusive videogame rights to the character. Even if not, with the contacts and contracts already in place it just makes business sense for Sony to pay to make Spider-man PS (and Sony) exclusive. Just having that mental association of Spider-man = Sony pays for itself.

I mainly use an Xbox, and this spider-man bullshit is one of the main reasons I didn't buy the game at launch. Honestly, I'm pretty thankful Sony saved me £50 on this garbage.
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looks like we're getting the classic Spider-Man costume, too. Not bad, though I hope in spite of everything that's gone down with this game so far, they can do a decent job overall with Spider-Man's characterization.
    I guess they realized, with their batting rate on base costumes, they probably wouldn't have been received well had they tried to alter perfection.

Not everyone can pull an Insomniac.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they realized, with their batting rate on base costumes, they probably wouldn't have been received well had they tried to alter perfection.

Not everyone can pull an Insomniac.
    Their design isn't better than the classic, it's a fine replacement though.

I didn't play it, just watched the movie cutscene things but they got the characters down and nailed the plot.Ock's downfall and MJ's reunion and them dating were emotional and don't get me started on May's death.

I remember a post from the PlayStation blog last year mentioning that some of Peter's enemies would show up. I wonder who they'll choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I remember a post from the PlayStation blog last year mentioning that some of Peter's enemies would show up. I wonder who they'll choose from.
    I'm expecting it'll be a retool of an existing character.