Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I mostly just want a sitcom with Kingo, his valet and Sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And for the most part, Feige has completely ignored everything that happened on TV up until the Disney+ shows came out, and has only just now started brining back characters from those shows- though we don't know if they are meant to be the same, or a variation of the character (see Kingpin).
    You can't really attribute that to personalities, though, the contract with Netflix stipulated a three year period in which Marvel couldn't touch the Netflix properties without Netflix being involved.

Mighty Member

According to a report from Samba TV, Marvel's Eternals was streamed by 2 million households during its first five days on Disney+. The film broke the record for most streams by a Marvel Studios movie in the first five days after release, surpassing Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, which held the previous record.

I'd be okay with them not getting a direct sequel as long as they follow up on the main Celestial storyline and Dane becoming the Black Knight. Even if it's just Sersi coming back to warn earth and that's what gets the new Avengers team to assemble, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    As a mixed black gay guy, this will come off as shallow but I will use my standing to make a point. Gay scenes with people with wildly lopsided/mismatched attractiveness are always off-putting to me. It makes me uneasy and I don't want to see it. In fact, there is a general aversion of such scenes with less attractive people generally. Phastos husband was smoking hot compared to the eternal he was married to. This happens a lot when they cast black actors, it's purely about focusing on acting ability or checking off a diversity box while when they are casting other groups, especially white guys, the leads are usually stacked with more attractive picks on top of everything else. You can find counters, but it's there.

Star Wars, John Boyega is not an attractive black guy at all. The guy who was in harry potter and later the recent foundation series, Alfred Enoch, is a much more attractive guy

https://m.psecn.photoshelter.com/img...Enoch-1895.jpg

But too often, Hollywood which leans towards attractive white male stars just ignores that shallow (and more marketable) selection when it comes to checking off the black diversity casting and we get this:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/wp...ega_h_2014.jpg
    I mean...you have to admit that a large chunk of this is your personal preference. When strictly compared to Enoch, I prefer Boyega aesthetically. Actually, I can't even fathom how you think Boyega is unattractive, but that's the thing...it's subjective.

Of course choosing a flattering photo and comparing it to one that isn't necessarily flattering isn't a fair "comparison" anyway. Let's try a different photo of Boyega:

https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-conten...1_preview.jpeg
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 01-19-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    As a mixed black gay guy, this will come off as shallow but I will use my standing to make a point. Gay scenes with people with wildly lopsided/mismatched attractiveness are always off-putting to me. It makes me uneasy and I don't want to see it. In fact, there is a general aversion of such scenes with less attractive people generally. Phastos husband was smoking hot compared to the eternal he was married to. This happens a lot when they cast black actors, it's purely about focusing on acting ability or checking off a diversity box while when they are casting other groups, especially white guys, the leads are usually stacked with more attractive picks on top of everything else. You can find counters, but it's there.

Star Wars, John Boyega is not an attractive black guy at all. The guy who was in harry potter and later the recent foundation series, Alfred Enoch, is a much more attractive guy
    Yes, you are being very shallow and I find it to be an ugly sentiment you're expressing. To slightly alter your own words, if someone posted, "I know this will come off as homophobic, but gay scenes are always off-putting to me. It makes me uneasy and I don't want to see it." how much would you appreciate their stance and sympathize with their uneasiness while posting their displeasure in a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

If Ant Man, Thor 2, Captain Marvel , Spiderman can get sequels , why can't Eternals get a sequel?

There is no Captain Marvel sequel.

Eternals has earned the distinction of "Second Worst Marvel Box Office Opening". That's why it's not getting a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    There is no Captain Marvel sequel.
    Captain Marvel made a billion dollars, so of course there is a Captain Marvel 2, it's called The Marvels.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Captain Marvel made a billion dollars, so of course there is a Captain Marvel 2, it's called The Marvels.
    I still think it's weird that Marvel had their first solo female film franchise...and then they go and make it a weird title for the second movie because now it's suddenly an ensemble/team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still think it's weird that Marvel had their first solo female film franchise...and then they go and make it a weird title for the second movie because now it's suddenly an ensemble/team movie.
    It must be because they really care about what a handful of angry Internet men think about the character/actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It must be because they really care about what a handful of angry Internet men think about the character/actor.
    I think part of it may be that Captain Marvel doesn't exactly have a ton of iconic storylines from the comics to adapt. Ant-Man also went from a solo act to a duo so there's a precedent for a character not being a solo headliner in their sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s still a sequel. All MCU movies are ensembles. For any Comicsgaters looking to hate on Brie Larson, the new cast of Captain and Ms. Marvels will feature more estrogen and color than the last one. Don’t think because it’s not a “solo” movie that Marvel isn’t doubling and tripling down on the diversity. They are. And why shouldn’t they? They’ve got a stable of multicultural or at least multi-sub-cultural characters (they’re all American characters) all ready to break out for the MCU audiences. Marvels will be a big success.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Marvels will be a big success.
    Hope so; really liked the original.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think part of it may be that Captain Marvel doesn't exactly have a ton of iconic storylines from the comics to adapt. Ant-Man also went from a solo act to a duo so there's a precedent for a character not being a solo headliner in their sequels.
    Captain America's second movie heavily featured Black Widow, with a side of Falcon...AND introduced the villain-that-became-a-hero.

And let's not forget his third movie...