Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Eternals deserves a Second film Disney (some spoilers)

An aftermath reaction of this movie thread.

First let me just say with this film, I get and see some of the criticism from blandness of film, bad CGI with the deviants , surface level conflict, some story point that was too hard to believe, false illusion it is not another mcu formula movie. I did not understand why they wore those colourful costumes, they were on earth for so long, they should have just kept their normal cloths. the now famous LGBT kiss felt awkward and was more of trying to make a point than be part of the flow of a story, the actress who played Sersi may need more acting classes. She did not carry this film as the leading female character like Gwenyth Paltrow or Zoe Saldana. In summary, the movie did not have spark and above all too much characters that run on a plot that was not really convincing enough.

I was aware of the rotten tomatoes stuff but did not pay a huge attention to it. End point on this.

But the more important stuff with this movie and dealing with the Aftermath. I hope Marvel forges ahead and make a second film even with all the disappointments and negativity.

I fear Disney wants to go extreme cooperate again (first time was Inhumans). A franchise or tv/film they were pushing and hyping up falls flat and the next thing they do is pretend it never happened. I have heard talks that Eternals may not have a part 2 and I am like why? every marvel film apart from hulk got a part 2, why should this be any difference.

https://www.ign.com/articles/eternal...arvel-producer
    Eternals Sequel Is Not a 'Must-Have,' Says Producer

If Ant Man, Thor 2, Captain Marvel , Spiderman can get sequels , why can't Eternals get a sequel?

it will be a mistake and be more damaging to push the series to the side and start obsessing over X-MEN/F4 (Which by the way, dont even need any more movies). Ignoring Eternals will just make the reception even worse in the long run and ostracize the franchise and the characters.

despite the issues with the film, As a not white male, I do have some genuine empathy for this very diverse cast. they deserved better and need to see their series get more movies even if it is more pure standard comedic MCU formula movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-26-2021 at 04:28 PM.

the only way i think id rewatch Eternals is that I'm suffering from insomnia and need to sleep

Mighty Member

I just saw Eternals on Disney Plus and I was a Little Disappoined

Not 2 movie maybe a tv show?

I feel pretty certain they’ll do a sequel and retool things so it lands better. If the Celestials are vital to ongoing plans they will find a way to make it work - It took a third Thor film to make him an appealing character, after all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    An aftermath reaction of this movie thread.

First let me just say with this film, I get and see some of the criticism from blandness of film, bad CGI with the deviants , surface level conflict, some story point that was too hard to believe, false illusion it is not another mcu formula movie. I did not understand why they wore those colourful costumes, they were on earth for so long, they should have just kept their normal cloths. the now famous LGBT kiss felt awkward and was more of trying to make a point than be part of the flow of a story, the actress who played Sersi may need more acting classes. She did not carry this film as the leading female character like Gwenyth Paltrow or Zoe Saldana. In summary, the movie did not have spark and above all too much characters that run on a plot that was not really convincing enough.

I was aware of the rotten tomatoes stuff but did not pay a huge attention to it. End point on this.

But the more important stuff with this movie and dealing with the Aftermath. I hope Marvel forges ahead and make a second film even with all the disappointments and negativity.

I fear Disney wants to go extreme cooperate again (first time was Inhumans). A franchise or tv/film they were pushing and hyping up falls flat and the next thing they do is pretend it never happened. I have heard talks that Eternals may not have a part 2 and I am like why? every marvel film apart from hulk got a part 2, why should this be any difference.

https://www.ign.com/articles/eternal...arvel-producer
    Eternals Sequel Is Not a 'Must-Have,' Says Producer

If Ant Man, Thor 2, Captain Marvel , Spiderman can get sequels , why can't Eternals get a sequel?

it will be a mistake and be more damaging to push the series to the side and start obsessing over X-MEN/F4 (Which by the way, dont even need any more movies). Ignoring Eternals will just make the reception even worse in the long run and ostracize the franchise and the characters.

despite the issues with the film, As a not white male, I do have some genuine empathy for this very diverse cast. they deserved better and need to see their series get more movies even if it is more pure standard comedic MCU formula movies.
    So what happened to all your diversity shouldn't matter and movies should just be made on merit talk? Or maybe that wasn't you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So what happened to all your diversity shouldn't matter and movies should just be made on merit talk? Or maybe that wasn't you.
    No that was not really me.

I never said diversity did not matter. I said diversity and race/gender bending is not an issue as long as it is done with good intent and not just about diversity for the sake of diversity and I also said movies should not be wholly acclaimed for diversity and gender reason above the film making aspects of the film.

I see no reason why this cast of eternals cannot enjoy the standard mcu formula movie reviews that is Merited enough in the MCU bubble.

It will be much worse to try and erase the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I feel pretty certain they’ll do a sequel and retool things so it lands better. If the Celestials are vital to ongoing plans they will find a way to make it work - It took a third Thor film to make him an appealing character, after all.
    What? Ppl already liked Thor 1 and they liked Thor in avengers they just didn't think Thor 2 was good no one ever really had any problems with Thor himself.

Astonishing Member

I thought the Eternals movie was fine. It certainly had an interesting hook for a sequel.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I rarely pay any attention to any reviews as they rarely line up with my thoughts on movies. I will say, this felt less like a Marvel Cinematic event (which really that's what Disney has done....it has elevated the Marvel movies to events rather than films to be enjoyed on their own merit) but it felt more like a side story, less like a chapter in the realm of MCU. I would very much hope to see more of them, as it left off in an interesting place. Obviously Dane's story will continue (most likely in Blade?) but I wouldn't mind seeing a further story of the Eternals. I dont think there's a fear of the movie being disregarded in the fashion that Inhumans was, the movie was considered a success with a profit north of 200 million.
    I do wonder though, if perhaps they will continue the story in an Eternals 2 or if it will be picked up in a different franchise say a Guardians of the Galaxy or some such movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No that was not really me.

I never said diversity did not matter. I said diversity and race/gender bending is not an issue as long as it is done with good intent and not just about diversity for the sake of diversity and I also said movies should not be wholly acclaimed for diversity and gender reason above the film making aspects of the film.

I see no reason why this cast of eternals cannot enjoy the standard mcu formula movie reviews that is Merited enough in the MCU bubble.

It will be much worse to try and erase the film.
    What do we mean by "diversity for the sake of diversity?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

While it wasn't a great movie overall, I did appreciate certain aspects of it. I think it deserves a sequel. The Celestial plot will tie into the Phase 4 multiverse thing somehow. I rewatched it last night, and confirmed how I felt about it after my first viewing.

What I want to see is the reactions of the established MCU characters to the fact that Earth was a giant egg for Tiamut. A massive stone head and hand sitting out there in the ocean. And would this convince Namor to reveal himself to the world at large ("Hey, who the hell dropped a giant hand on my Aunt's seaweed garden?").

Dr. Strange at this time is probably tied up with his issues, but there is no reason why the modern day events of the Eternals weren't monitored by SWORD, Wakanda, Stark Industries, various world governments, etc. Latveria, anyone?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

If they do a sequel, I think it'd have to be completely different and more fitting of the MCU formula to succeed. Luckily being sandwiched between Shang Chi and No Way Home, maybe people will forget how "eh it's alright but nothing great" this movie was.

Watched it last night and tbh I am glad I didn't see this in theaters. I just found it incredibly boring. Any loose ends can be tied up in another series. Thor occasionally dealt with Celestials in the comics, and the Guardians of the Galaxy exist. Not to mention there is an upcoming FF film. Eternals can guest star if need be. (The only Eternal I sort of liked was Kingo, and then he did the most "Eternal" thing ever by choosing NOT to get involved in a battle for the fate of the world.) I also thought it was weird that they chose to kill off two of the POC Eternals (Gilganesh and Ajax) so early in the film. Ikarus *might* of died, but the scene just fades to white as he heads to the sun, leaving his fate open ended.

I'm also really tired of Superheroes fighting bland cgi monsters. Spider-man NWH was so good because the villains all had personality and agency. The Deviants really didn't seem like anything the Avengers couldn't handle, imo.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I thought this was Marvels worst film to date. Did I like any of it at all? Yes but not much.

I would like to see a second one written well better and maybe bring in Galatcus?

Where we going with Kit Harrington and this Black Knight thing? I did like that end credit. Blade? ok cool.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime