Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Eternals deserves a Second film Disney (some spoilers)

An aftermath reaction of this movie thread.

First let me just say with this film, I get and see some of the criticism from blandness of film, bad CGI with the deviants , surface level conflict, some story point that was too hard to believe, false illusion it is not another mcu formula movie. I did not understand why they wore those colourful costumes, they were on earth for so long, they should have just kept their normal cloths. the now famous LGBT kiss felt awkward and was more of trying to make a point than be part of the flow of a story, the actress who played Sersi may need more acting classes. She did not carry this film as the leading female character like Gwenyth Paltrow or Zoe Saldana. In summary, the movie did not have spark and above all too much characters that run on a plot that was not really convincing enough.

I was aware of the rotten tomatoes stuff but did not pay a huge attention to it. End point on this.

But the more important stuff with this movie and dealing with the Aftermath. I hope Marvel forges ahead and make a second film even with all the disappointments and negativity.

I fear Disney wants to go extreme cooperate again (first time was Inhumans). A franchise or tv/film they were pushing and hyping up falls flat and the next thing they do is pretend it never happened. I have heard talks that Eternals may not have a part 2 and I am like why? every marvel film apart from hulk got a part 2, why should this be any difference.

https://www.ign.com/articles/eternal...arvel-producer
    Eternals Sequel Is Not a 'Must-Have,' Says Producer

If Ant Man, Thor 2, Captain Marvel , Spiderman can get sequels , why can't Eternals get a sequel?

it will be a mistake and be more damaging to push the series to the side and start obsessing over X-MEN/F4 (Which by the way, dont even need any more movies). Ignoring Eternals will just make the reception even worse in the long run and ostracize the franchise and the characters.

despite the issues with the film, As a not white male, I do have some genuine empathy for this very diverse cast. they deserved better and need to see their series get more movies even if it is more pure standard comedic MCU formula movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-26-2021 at 04:28 PM.