Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think so much that the Machinist can switch bodies, rather the mask, when worn by an individual, allows the Machinist to control and act through that person.
    That or he's just the DC hyped up version of Iron Man's Controller. Otherwise he is a pretty good villain for someone's Rogues Gallery.

As the #34, it too, was a pretty good issue... of Ulysses! This arc and subsequetly the title has hardly been about Kal on any notable level which is something to be addressed/corrected. The parallel/homage to Superman's origin is a tried and true story pitch but lasting for 3 issues in a row now is a bit much. Sure Kal comes off amicable as ever here -and rightly so- but he also deserves more facetime and actual character building that Ulysses at this point.

2014-08-27-superman.jpg

Spectacular Member

This book has been amazing the past three issues. I'm not typically a fan of JR JR's art, but I'm digging it here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    I am really enjoying all things SM right now.

This book is really good. The writing and the art match up together well.

Was not too fond of our Ulysses at the beginning but now I really like the character (doesn't seem to mind just killing people though...wonder how Kal will handle that in the end).

The Machinest seemed lame to me at the start; but after switching bodies with an innocent person and getting him killed by the big "U" I am starting to like him as a villian.

SM comics are rocking right now and I love them all.

Ulysses is what the Sentry should of been...take note Marvel.
    Agree, I love this book right now! GJ and JRJR are a fantastic duo on this book, their run so far is great. But I don't see Ulysses going bad at all, but maybe realizing he is out of place in this world and returning to his dimension.

I can't wait for Doomed to end, because I was loving Action prior to that story.

BANNED

Quite a good issue.

Such a shame to see not too many people interested in Superman now after Lobdell blew it, all the events, and delays on Unchained during Supermans 75th.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Strong issue....reading both the digital version and the regular version. They both have their positive aspects. I am back in the zone of looking forward to each Superman book as it comes out. I am hoping they don't delay the ending of Superman Doomed #2 too long.

The Machinest is a great villain......very creepy.

Mighty Member

I wonder if this is leading to Ulysses getting his own title?