Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Huh, I didn't know that. I heard OG Kraven had come back as immortal, with some stipulation that he could only be killed by a spider(-man) and then Kaine killed him and then restarted his heart to break the immortality curse.

How did he die permanently?
    Loophole abuse.

He becomes the Spider again, like in Kraven's Last Hunt, and his clone killed him thinking that he was Spider-man. That way he circumvented the whole "The Hunter has to kill the Spider or the Spider has to kill the Hunter" thing.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed their last get-together from Captain America #697 (XD)

Incredible Member

Cap wins this one. Kraven is no slouch but Cap is smarter and more skilled.

Brains over brawn.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post

Brains over brawn.
    I'd say the reasons given above your post show that Cap js stomped here.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Brains over brawn.
    This is what the Leader tells himself about the Hulk every morning while he is trimming his pencil mustache.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd say the reasons given above your post show that Cap js stomped here.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I respectfully disagree. The reasons given above my post basically amount to "Kraven is physically stronger/tougher." Cap has beaten tons of guys who were physically stronger/tougher than him.

This is what the Leader tells himself about the Hulk every morning while he is trimming his pencil mustache.
    The Leader loses because he's hampered by his ego. A problem Cap doesn't have.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I respectfully disagree. The reasons given above my post basically amount to "Kraven is physically stronger/tougher." Cap has beaten tons of guys who were physically stronger/tougher than him.

Given Kraven is highly skilled himself (being a guy who hits comic book pressure points on all kinds of people - Parker, Hank McCoy, Tigra), at least as fast as Cap if not faster (Peter's clone comments on just how fast Kraven is), stronger than Cap, and takes hits from a guy who is, conservatively, 5+ times stronger than Cap when that guy is absolutely enraged, I don’t see how Cap is winning this.

As an example, let’s say Peter Parker - absolutely enraged - hauls off and punches Cap in the face. What happens? I’m betting it’s a whole lot more than what happens with Kraven, who is strong and tough enough to eat the hit, spit a little blood, then grin.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-02-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh, so he's Kraven the Iron-Man Hunter now eh?
    Now? It's hardly a new trick.

At various times over the years (and with some thanks to inconsistent writing) Kraven has swapped it back and forth between paralyzing rays, lightning bolts, and lasers.

Wait.... Is that special potion the same type that Black Panther drank to become CBPH?

Oh, so he's Kraven the Iron-Man Hunter now eh?
    Edit: He had that since the start, actually, though I'm not sure if it was originally a laser or an electric blast. But Alan just ninja'd me and answered that.
    Power with Girl is better.

I think that Kraven's costume deserves its own origin story. Ballet slippers and leopard skin tights? A vest made to look like a lion's head with Kraven's head bursting out from the top? Energy blaster nipples made to look like lion eyes? Kraven must have OD'd on the jungle drugs the night he made his costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

At various times over the years (and with some thanks to inconsistent writing) Kraven has swapped it back and forth between paralyzing rays, lightning bolts, and lasers.
    Huh, I've never noticed that little ears before on the fur parts. That's a weird detail he's got going there.

Has it ever shot out gas instead of beams or am I just imagning that?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Huh, I've never noticed that little ears before on the fur parts. That's a weird detail he's got going there.

Has it ever shot out gas instead of beams or am I just imagning that?
    Yes, he has. He also carries dart things that he throws that have paralytics on them.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Just addressing the point, not the person who posted it. Since banned, that would be rude.

But I think he's falling into the "It happened in a comic" mentality. Cap wins over Kraven in a comic because Cap is the hero and Kraven is the villain, not because it makes sense. Cap has beaten all sorts of people he should have no chance to beat just as many other CBPHs have done, because they are the hero of the story. But to apply that to Rumbles would be to just say the hero always beats the villain as a default result.
    Power with Girl is better.

I think even pissed off, Peter holds back to some extent. But Kraven has always been able to keep up with Spider-Man to an extent. A man who has super strength, agility and precog. Cap should be nothing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Nipple rays, nobody expects nipple rays.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan