Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nipple rays, nobody expects nipple rays.
    Kraven was a prototype Fembot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I think even pissed off, Peter holds back to some extent. But Kraven has always been able to keep up with Spider-Man to an extent. A man who has super strength, agility and precog. Cap should be nothing to him.
    You know, I never understood how someone who is filled with grief and anger would still be able to hold back, but I guess that’s the idea behind peter’s character. Like no matter what happens he doesn’t have it in him to pulverize someone into a comatose state and or death. I guess it helps that guys with super durability can’t accidentally die from landing on contented.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Kraven has also been tackled out of second or third story window onto a car and landed heavy enough to crush the roof without losing his smile or seeming the slightest bit phased.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Kraven has also been tackled out of second or third story window onto a car and landed heavy enough to crush the roof without losing his smile or seeming the slightest bit phased.
    With Black Panther sitting on him to make sure he took the fall poorly (ie, back of the head, neck, shoulders), as I recall.

I believe he found it giggle-worthy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I think sometimes we tend to look at people Spider-man fights and think "that guys a chump," when they don't do well against Peter and forget that Spidey is able to catch cars in one hand and dodge bullets that are fired at him from behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think sometimes we tend to look at people Spider-man fights and think "that guys a chump," when they don't do well against Peter and forget that Spidey is able to catch cars in one hand and dodge bullets that are fired at him from behind his back.
    100%

And not so much in Kraven’s case, but with some of Spidey’s villains (the likes of Electro and Morlun spring to mind), even Pete only beats them due to general PIS or just pure shenanigans. Putting those things aside, they could easily be team wreckers.

I mean if Egghead could put a team together to challenge the Avengers, I’m damn sure Doc Ock could (which is why it pissed me off beyond belief when Ock - along with the likes of Graviton FFS!! - were in the Hood’s gang).

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    100%

And not so much in Kraven’s case, but with some of Spidey’s villains (the likes of Electro and Morlun spring to mind), even Pete only beats them due to general PIS or just pure shenanigans. Putting those things aside, they could easily be team wreckers.

I mean if Egghead could put a team together to challenge the Avengers, I’m damn sure Doc Ock could (which is why it pissed me off beyond belief when Ock - along with the likes of Graviton FFS!! - were in the Hood’s gang).
    Well, Doc Ock did once put together a Masters of Evil team to raid the Avengers Mansion, but they ended up fighting the original Guardians of the Galaxy and a bunch of Infinity War doppelgangers instead of the Avengers.

There's also the Revenge of the Sinister Six story, were Ock lead his team against a group of heroes that included Spider, Nova, the Hulk, Deathlok, Ghost Rider, and the Entire Fantastic Four. That's a tough set of guys than most line ups of the Avengers you're going to find.

^^^Damn, you know I can't resist posting images of Erik Larsen's fetish for Nova. But I totally agree, that's definitely a classic (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-13-2021 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, that's the story where Otto got adamantium arms and that fact alone allowed him to beat the crap out of the Hulk, professor Hulk granted but still.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Who's the fellow on the top left with the Kirby dots and the enormous guns?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Who's the fellow on the top left with the Kirby dots and the enormous guns?
    That's Solo, a mercenary character with limited teleportation.

He appeared semi-regulary in Spider-man comics for a while, had his own mini and makes sporadic appearances here and there nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's Solo, a mercenary character with limited teleportation.

He appeared semi-regulary in Spider-man comics for a while, had his own mini and makes sporadic appearances here and there nowadays.
    Thank you, I have never so much as heard from the fellow.

And I was reading actually reading big two comics at this time haha.

Large guns everywhere.

So much the 90's.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Large guns everywhere.

So much the 90's.
    Cable's legacy looms large.

Mostly because of all the guns and ammo belts he has attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cable's legacy looms large.

Mostly because of all the guns and ammo belts he has attached to him.
    And his enormous body.
    Why are we here?