Mighty Member

Default Oliver Stone's JFK

To me, Stone's best movies were Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July, JFK, and Nixon. Watching this one again, it's a great movie even if you don't believe in the conspiracy theories and just watch for the thriller/mystery aspect to it. The whole cast is brilliant. TLJ is great as Clay Shaw, Gary really transforms into Lee Harvey Oswald, and who can forget John Candy and Donald Sutherland's scenes? The only actor who's slightly off although he tries his best is Kevin Costner. I read that Jimmy Woods, Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford were considered for the role. I think Woods would have been perfect. Apparently, they couldn't agree on the focus for the movie. Woods wanted it to be a biopic about Jim Garrison while Stone wanted it to focus on the JFK assassination. Great movie, though.

Might be better in the Film Forum.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!