Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

    I just don’t care about these kids. I like Anole, but that’s about it. I’m interested in the actual NM team not these students

    Marvel should really have two X-titles - one for the original New Mutants and the other one for the newer mutants like Anole.

    Mixing them into one title like 'The New Mutants' isn't going to work. The newer mutants should really be in the 'Children of Atom' title instead.

    The original New Mutants don't get enough character development time. What happened to Karma's brother after the separation of their bodies? What happened to Rahne's son? What about the resurrection of Karma's half-sister who is also a mutant?

    Bring back Magma, Doug etc to the main team.

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Marvel should really have two X-titles - one for the original New Mutants and the other one for the newer mutants like Anole.

    Mixing them into one title like 'The New Mutants' isn't going to work. The newer mutants should really be in the 'Children of Atom' title instead.
    I disagree heavily. The NM have been ‘new mutants’ for like 40 years. If anything, the original team needs to graduate into a better, more fitting name with the kids taking on the New Mutants moniker. This is the best synthesis on how to handle it, by positioning the young adults as teachers and educators to the younger kids.

    The original New Mutants don't get enough character development time. What happened to Karma's brother after the separation of their bodies? What happened to Rahne's son? What about the resurrection of Karma's half-sister who is also a mutant?

    Bring back Magma, Doug etc to the main team.
    When was the last time Karma got this much focus? Choosing to sacrifice herself for the freedom of her brother is major character development, esp when you consider why she chose to entrap Tran’s soul in the first place. As of #20, we know Tran is up and about on Krakoa. It’s been… two issues since that happened and those issues have been dedicated to wrapping up this huge storyline. Why can’t we let stories play out instead of rushing to end things?

  3. #18
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I disagree heavily. The NM have been ‘new mutants’ for like 40 years. If anything, the original team needs to graduate into a better, more fitting name with the kids taking on the New Mutants moniker. This is the best synthesis on how to handle it, by positioning the young adults as teachers and educators to the younger kids.
    The sad part here is, they allready did. It was called X-force and it established most of the new mutants as having graduated into their own identities and mentalities as part of the team or outside of it.

    But then the identity of X-force was increasingly taken away from the former New Mutants and given to who ever the writers felt was fitting a "hard boiled no-nosense kill team" at the moment, while they were pushed back into their former identity as New Mutants.

    Though when Cannonball was thrown onto the X-men for a brief time, we allready saw the narrative reduction to "trainee member" in his characterization and how the X-men treated him (nevermind he has allready gone through as much as many of them have and fought his battles), that seems to curse them all.

    Even Generation X allready graduated, but since they didn't transitioned into a new team, they are now all stuck in limbo somewhere between young X-men candidates and former kids.

    And now we see multiple generations of young mutant students constantly clumbed together into a homogenous mass of "youngsters" regardless of how much they too allready experienced and developed.

    The problem here is that since the 2000's continuity and especialy character progression of X-men characters doesn't seem count anymore.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    They should just bring back the Young X-men title or New X-Men.

    Those are literally a perfect names for the younger generation.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The sad part here is, they allready did. It was called X-force and it established most of the new mutants as having graduated into their own identities and mentalities as part of the team or outside of it.

    But then the identity of X-force was increasingly taken away from the former New Mutants and given to who ever the writers felt was fitting a "hard boiled no-nosense kill team" at the moment, while they were pushed back into their former identity as New Mutants.

    Though when Cannonball was thrown onto the X-men for a brief time, we allready saw the narrative reduction to "trainee member" in his characterization and how the X-men treated him (nevermind he has allready gone through as much as many of them have and fought his battles), that seems to curse them all.

    Even Generation X allready graduated, but since they didn't transitioned into a new team, they are now all stuck in limbo somewhere between young X-men candidates and former kids.

    And now we see multiple generations of young mutant students constantly clumbed together into a homogenous mass of "youngsters" regardless of how much they too allready experienced and developed.

    The problem here is that since the 2000's continuity and especialy character progression of X-men characters doesn't seem count anymore.
    That’s the problem. They keep lumping everyone in with the OG New Mutants. They should look at the titles of the books and adjust accordingly. Pick the best of NM and OG X-force (hell! Even some of the Hellions) and create a new X-force. Change the title of the current X-force to the XSE to be Krakoa’s fbi and find characters that won’t die or too dumb every issue.

  6. #21
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I disagree heavily. The NM have been ‘new mutants’ for like 40 years. If anything, the original team needs to graduate into a better, more fitting name with the kids taking on the New Mutants moniker. This is the best synthesis on how to handle it, by positioning the young adults as teachers and educators to the younger kids.



    When was the last time Karma got this much focus? Choosing to sacrifice herself for the freedom of her brother is major character development, esp when you consider why she chose to entrap Tran’s soul in the first place. As of #20, we know Tran is up and about on Krakoa. It’s been… two issues since that happened and those issues have been dedicated to wrapping up this huge storyline. Why can’t we let stories play out instead of rushing to end things?
    The New Mutants book was never about "new" mutants. They original team was just called that,and the book in it's various incarnations pretty much has always been about them. It's basically why when basically useless characters like Anole and Bird Turd are introduced into the book,the stories involving them tend to fall on their faces. They really don't belong here.(epecially Anole). As for Tran, well how long has it taken to resolve some of the issues concerning Dani,Illyana and Xi'an?


    Certainly more than *TWO* issuses, dude........
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-29-2021 at 02:15 PM.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They should just bring back the Young X-men title or New X-Men.

    Those are literally a perfect names for the younger generation.
    And being inside Exploding Vehicles is the perfect location for them...
    Last edited by rcaguy; 11-29-2021 at 02:58 PM.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    3 books

    Infant X-Men
    Baby X-Men
    Toddler X-Men
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That cover is so creepy, I dig it.
    The Chucky family reunion lol

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And being inside Exploding Vehicles is the perfect location for them...
    What are you 12?

    What a stupid thing to say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •