Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default New Marvel MMO by DCUO Developers

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dc-universe...way/marvel-mmo

It's been a long time since I played DCUO. I didn't know the game was still being supported. I hope their venture into Marvel isn't as painfully mediocre as DCUO. Rip the customization from Champions Online please.

People still going to be asking for Marvel Heroes to come back.

Bring back Marvel He.....

D'oh!

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

+1 MH.. miss you

i hope they dont repurpose DCUO's skeleton for this like some MMO devs do (like some of those Perfect World games)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/dc-universe...way/marvel-mmo

It's been a long time since I played DCUO. I didn't know the game was still being supported. I hope their venture into Marvel isn't as painfully mediocre as DCUO. Rip the customization from Champions Online please.
    Supported and, as far as I know, going strong. Or at least respectfully stable. They just introduced a major new update a couple months ago actually, made all the old content more relevant again.

Can't say I'm terribly interested in a Marvel recolor of DCUO (I can already make quality Marvel rip offs there) but if the devs can take eleven years of lessons and experience from DCUO and apply that to a new kind of build and a fresh approach then I might be tempted.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If they give us the option to make a character with Spider-Man powers, a mutant, or Iron Man armor I'm gamed. But I'll probably wait until it comes out on consoles.

game cancelled
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...-cancelled/amp

"EG7 today announced it will be discontinuing the development of the Marvel project at Daybreak Games,” wrote the company. “Based on the re-evaluation of the development risk profile, size of investment, and the long-term product portfolio strategy for the group, the board has decided to change the development priorities and reallocate resources within the group to focus on alternative long-term projects.”
    Last edited by The Gold Stream; 05-26-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Marvel should get Cryptic Studios to develop an MMO.

History repeats itself. Last time they were supposed to do this MMO, they gave up. Then Gazillion got the license and did Marvel Heroes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Screens of the art style for the cancelled MMO: https://tinyurl.com/mwsw8n6p
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

We got alot of Mobile Games like short of MMO's but I really keep hoping for an PC game for Marvel for an MMO to bring the power and the keyboard to usage your favorite characters.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The current Marvel mobile games are:

Marvel Future Fight. Action RPG.
    Marvel Puzzle Quest. Match-3 game.
    Marvel Contest of Champions. Beat-em-up.
    Marvel Future Revolution. Future Fight's sequel, but I've not played it as my device isn't compatible.
    Marvel Strike Force. Turn based RPG.
    Marvel Snap. Card game, launches soon.

Realm of Champions (Contest's sequel), Avengers Alliance 2 (and it's Facebook prequel), and Avengers Academy are defunct.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i played future revolution on its launch week but i used an emulator to play it on PC so i couldnt say how it plays on a touch screen. but content wise it seemed decent for a mobile title

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Marvel should get Cryptic Studios to develop an MMO.
    After the last two times running after the ball, Charlie Brown should stop trusting Lucy.

Although it was funny how Champions Online ended up being the leftovers from the last time Marvel pinky-swore that they really, really, really were going to pay them to make a Marvel MMO this time, before cancelling it yet again. (After Marvel attempting to sue Cryptic into oblivion because 'Marvel trademarked the word and concept of superheroes' and 'Stateman was a ripoff of either Captain America or Magneto!'). Playing Champions Online in the 'Grondbuster base' which was an utterly transparent reskin of the already developed Hulkbuster base, or the Canadian section which had Alpha Flight DNA all over it, was good for nostalgia, at least, since I got to play in a setting that felt like the Marvel universe, even if all the names had been changed to Champions IP.