Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Done and done! Lol

Attachment 115838

Honestly, I think it's more important to think of the characters chosen as archetypes rather than in terms of powers, as it is the character dynamics within the group that maFFs the FF interesting.

Thing: The tough guy, the team curmudgeon. Wolverine is easily the most curmudgeonly of franchise, and loves a good fight. He has also been a member of the Fantastic Four in the past.

The Human Torch: The kid brother, the jokester. Iceman was originally the youngest X-Man and filled this role to a tee. He can get pretty annoying with the constant jokes, and he has a lot of bravado even if he isn't nearly as egotistical as Johnny Storm.

Invisible Woman: The team mom. The glue that holds this circus all together. Confident, pragmatic, warm and loving but also a disciplinarian. Jean Gray or Storm generally embody these traits more than most others. Like Logan, Storm has also been a substitute FF team member in the past. I'm leaning towards Storm, but if Cyclops is team leader than Jean works better, as you also have the romantic chemistry.

Mr. Fantastic: Science dad. This is where I get stuck. Cyclops has the leadership role and respect from his teammates that allows him to quickly and confidently delegate tasks to the others, but lacks the scientific know-how to deal with the cosmic shenanigans the FF get into, and might not be able to operate the FF's equipment that Reed designed. Beast has the knowledge, but I don't think anyone really respects or trusts him nowadays to be de facto team leader. (He's closer to Ultimate Reed Richards currently.) Forge maybe? Inventing is his mutant power, so I don't know how much that works into understanding OTHER people's inventions, he has also been a team leader of sorts for brief periods, although he doesn't seem to command quite the respect that Scott Summers does. So I don't know, as there is no one character truly analogous to Reed Richards on the X-Men.
    Science dad could be replaced by science mom. There’s Dr. Reyes. There’s also Sage. Scientist does not equal man.

Polaris finished her PhD in geophysics.

Fantastic Member

Kitty
    Storm
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler

Ideally. But it the current krakoa/Arrako landscape some are busy so if I were to launch this book next month I would go with:

Angel
    Armor
    Rachel Summers
    Sunspot

Cecilia Reyes
    Rockslide
    Dr. nemesis
    Amara
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mr. Fantastic -Forge
    Human Torch -Magma
    Thing -Rogue
    Invisible Woman -Mystique

Monet (Mr. Fantastic)
    Sunspot (Human Torch)
    Gentle (The Thing)
    Cipher (Invisible Woman)

Or a literal family:
    Mystique
    Destiny
    Rogue
    Nightcrawler

Fantastic Member

keep the family theme sort of

Cannonball
    Husk
    Sunspot
    Boom Boom

as the main 3. keep the family theme with Sam and Paige and Sam and Berto as buds. Berto as the money.

there's no real sciencey person for the 4th. so I'd take either Mirage/Magma/Boom Boom. You need a love interest .... Boom Boom was it before so I'll take her.

Mighty Member

Two instantly pop to mind for me...

Kate: Reminds me of Invisible Woman a bit and she knows Franklin and has a history with them.
    Iceman: As a more likable and probably more dorky Johnny lol.

For the The Thing, I want to say a Wolverine, but Logan is overused and isn't Laura moving away from being the misunderstood tough guy? Maybe Frenzy? She hasn't been used as much so she could fall into the misunderstood role?

And then for Mr. Fantastic? It has to be... BEAST?! But the likable version not anything resembling his depiction in the past decade lol.

Scott, Jean, Alex and Hank (+ Cable and Rachel) if it's about ripping off the F4 lol.

Astonishing Member

Time displaced 1990's Beast (because the current one is not Beast anymore). If that can't be done Forge.
    Firestar.
    Rachel Grey.
    Collosus.

Mighty Member

Sunfire=Human Torch
    Petra= Thing
    Exodus=Invisible Woman
    Monet=Mr. Fantastic

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Havok
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Madison Jeffries
    Firestar
    Warpath
    Rachel

Forge (Mr. Fantastic)
    Storm (Invisible Woman)
    Oya (Human Torch)
    Gentle (The Thing)

Forge - Mr. Fantastic