So AnthonyO'Brien started a thread about music that you keep referring to. And while I refer to a few songs there have been some that have changed my life. And to be honest I love talking about music. it is one of my favorite things in the world and I dont get to do it ofen so why not start this thread.

The music That has changed me the most is one that I have a very hard time listening to. And that is the score and songs from Phantom of The Opera.

The story behind this. When I was a young man I met a man I feel deeply in love with. He is to this day the love of my life and some one I miss more then anyone in this world. Sadly because of events in our life we drifted apart and never were able to reconnect before he passed.

One thing that we loved in the course of our relationship was the musical Phantom of the Opera. It was our favorite musical and we knew the music and lyrics. There were many nights that we would just sing the songs. I would play on the piano and he would sit next to me and sing. He was an older man and his voice was amazing, I would be awe struck as he sang and drank his wine and it very much was like something out of a movie. There were days we were just hanging out or out somewhere and just bust and start singing it and to Hell with who was around. We were in our world.

I dont play piano much any more because it brings me back to those days and I have a very hard time listening to Phantom. But I will always love it because it brought me closer to a great man.

Another song is a really goofy one. It is The Ketchup Song by Las Ketchup. I was far from my home and I was working a job I hated and I was super depressed. But the job I worked at played this song every day. Some times a couple times a day. he really loved it. And how cheerful he got and the way he danced made me smile even if it was for only a few minutes a day. it got to the point I looked forward to hearing this song and watching this little old man dance. He even got me dancing even though I was really bad at it. It sounds cheesy but this song didnt change my life. it saved my life. As depressed as I was and having the suicidal thoughts this song made me very happy.

So what music do you have that has changed your life? Did it help you through a rough time? Did it bring you closer to someone else? Tell us your stories