So, I made an interview with Stephanie Williams for a spanish webpage. Here:

https://vinetasygalletas.com/colabor...nando-guillen/

As it was made on spanish, here I post the translation, hope you enjoy it!:

1. Well, the first question I think is mandatory: How did you start on comics as a reader and an author ?

I was already into comic characters thanks to playing X-Men Vs. Street Fighter at the laundromat and home. My basic introduction to comics was through West Coast Avengers. I remember reading an issue and coming across the drama-filled relationship between Crystal and the Black Knight. At that moment, the light bulb went off that superhero comics were like soap operas in tights.

My journey as a writer has been one full of pivots. Before writing full time, I was an electron microscopist for a medical laboratory for several years after graduating from college. In the last few years of that job after I had my son, the desire to make time for the things I enjoyed – writing and comics were some of those things. So, I started podcasting talking about comics, tv shows, movies, and pop culture news items. From there, I did a podcast called Misty Knight’s Uninformed Afro, which was focused on the histories of Black superheroines and characters in comics. Once that podcast ended, I went on to writing for SYFYFANGRRLS and other online publications. As I got more comfortable in my voice, I started entertaining the idea of writing comics which led to me creating Parenthood Activate with artist Sarah Macklin and But What If Though with various artists like O’Neill Jones, Christina Poag, Pamela Buchunam, and other highly talented individuals. I ran a fully successful Kickstarter for my fan comic Living Heroes in 2020, which led to my first significant comic writing opportunity with Marvel on Marvel Voice: Legacy. The rest is still history in the making.

2. How has been the transition from webcomics to working with the Big Two?

It’s been pretty seamless, and I’m incredibly thankful that it has been. I attribute that to everyone in the industry I’ve come across who has been both welcoming and nurturing.

3. I must say, congratulations for getting to work on Nubia and the Amazons! How did you start working on this comic?

Thank you! All thanks go to Vita Ayala for suggesting me to the Wonder Woman office editor Brittany Holzherr. We had a long discussion about how I felt about Diana, Nubia, the Amazons, and where I hoped they could all go in the future. Again, the rest is still history in the making.

4. This is also mandatory I think lfmao: has your work on this new miniseries something autobiographical?

It has been, in a way. I see a lot of Nubia’s journey in my own journey. I’m starting my journey in writing comics just as she is beginning her journey as Queen of Themyscira. Although one is clearly fictional, there are still parallels as we both work to prove further we deserve to be where we are.

5. Which are your greatest creative influences?

I would have to say, Black romance novelist. Next to comics, I love romance novels. I think of writers like Altonya Washington, Brenda Jackson, Beverly Jenkins, Alyssa Cole, Rebekah Weatherspoon, Maureen Smith, and countless others who I wish I could name. Still, I’d be here all day lol.

6. How has worked the creative process with Vita Ayala and Alitha Martínez?

It’s been such a beautiful experience. They are both forces in the industry in their own right. Vita is such a nurturing mentor. Any writer would be fortunate to work with them. They’ve allowed me to spread my wings and soar on this project. Althia is such an expressive artist. It’s like Christmas every single time one of her pages comes in.

7. Well, as a longtime wonderfan I can’t stop whitout saying that Trial of the Amazons looks fantastic! I’ve really hyped t oread what plans all of you have for next year. What are you allowed to say about this event?

I can’t say much about Trial of the Amazons just yet, but readers should know that everything that happens will have huge good and bad consequences for everyone involved.
8. Recently you all have revealed that one of the new amazons is transgender. First of all, GREAT and ABOUT TIME, I personally think it has been one of the best things to posibly happen this year. I imagine you can’t talk more about Bia because, well, spoilers, but, how was the creation of the character?

The character Bia was created in love. We have this desire to challenge the very gendered ideology of who can be an Amazon. If Themyscira is a haven for women harmed in a man’s world, it needs to be as inclusive as possible. How can this sisterhood reach its fullest potential if key members are missing? It’s important that a character like Bia exists definitively rather than just the subtext.

9. Every time that you write, what reactions do you want to instigate to the readers?

I want readers to come away with their own interpretations of whatever story I’m telling.

10. If Nubia and the Amazons has a lot f success, what are your plans for the future?

To write more comics.