Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What Film, Movie, or TV show was your first introduction to Sylvester Stallone?

This was my first introduction to Sylvester Stallone. What was your first introduction to Stallone?

Boys Clubs Of America Sylvester Stallone 1980 TV Commercial NYC Retro Vintage

Astonishing Member

Here is another film clip that I remember seeing as a kid as well:

Woody Allen's Bananas 1971

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Pretty sure the first time I saw him in anything was one of the Rocky films when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Pretty sure the first time I saw him in anything was one of the Rocky films when I was a kid.
    Same here, but for me, it was definitely the first Rocky.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Probably Demolition Man or Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot were the first films I saw in the 90's although I was well aware of Rocky & Rambo (Through Rambo being everywhere in the late 80s and early 90s such as video games, a cartoon and of course the many references/parodies in GREMLINS and HOT SHOTS II) I didn't see them until the early 00's.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Rambo III was the first film i saw in theathers with my father when i was 5 year old or something. (: My father is a retired soldier, he wanted me to be a tough kid who is into military so took me to saw Rambo back then. HA HA
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spy kids 3

Astonishing Member

The one where he played soccer.

Or Rocky, i don't know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The one where he played soccer.

Or Rocky, i don't know anymore.
    Ooh - "Victory" was a good one. I remember two things: that guy who let his arm get broken to help them out, and how they spent three minutes showing Pele make his signature windmill move over and over. That and "Victoire! Victoire! Victoire!"

Oh yeah, it’d definitely be Escape To Victory. That was on telly every Christmas.

When I saw Rocky as a kid I remembered him from The Lords of Flatbush a couple years prior (my brother had been stuck watching me for the night and took me w. him to see it; it’s also how I wound up watching The Exorcist at age six and getting scarred for life).

Oddly though I was a huge Happy Days fan, it took me till I was almost twenty to realize Henry Winkler had been in the movie w. Sly.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-23-2024 at 10:33 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Can't recall, likely a Rocky film or First Blood. My dad loved First Blood and would even let me (as a boy) watch some or all of it, so it could have been that. My local library had the Rocky films, so I rented those a ton of times.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Rocky......

It had to have been a Rocky movie that was playing on one of the local channels on the weekend. I would watch channel 11 or 30 every weekend, and I was introduced to a bunch of movies that way. But I have no clear memory of which one was first.

The first clear memory I have of a Stallone film, though, is Demolition Man. My parents went out to see it, and I remember staying up playing past my bedtime because they were out late. I also had a micromachine of the police car from that film.