Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1734
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    I have my fingers crossed for her to appear, I don't think they would have hyped her return like they did if she was just going away again so soon. That is some bullshit if so.
    don't forget -- they already did that during the Utopia era. They hyped up the "rotating teams" of characters & the grand return of Dazzler... just to ultimately use a fairly fixed team of character & use Dazzler for Pixie's inauguration to the adult league of X-Men & feature her on covers, but treat her as wallpaper on the interior pages. So... that's probably what will happen again, unfortunately. It looks like Jean will fill the Wolverine/Cyclops "everywhere/overload" role. They also seem to be going for 90s nostalgia -- thus Jubilee's sudden importance to a core team/book & Psylocke apparently reverting back to the Asian body. We all know Dazz didn't fare too well in the '90s... lol

I was initially thrilled for this new era of X-Men after the disappointing "ResurrXion" but its quickly turning into the the same issues all over again. Nostalgia & the prevalence of only certain characters. I am NOT excited for the Jean show.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Ugh the return of Dazzler in Utopia got sidelined by Brubaker leaving the books. Still upsets me. He had plans for her and I think they would have been very interesting and amazing, but Fraction came on and that ended that. Same for Karma in that time as well.

I am living on hope that the creative teams all like her and put her somewhere in a nice role. She's been getting great notices and blurbs in all the reviews of Astonishing. Editorial has to notice stuff like that. I mean, they certainly do in every other media.

Is Betsy going back Asian? I haven't seen anything that says that.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    Is Betsy going back Asian? I haven't seen anything that says that.
    She's not. I think the previous poster meant Caucasian because they (Marvel)are clear she is white from this point forward.
    I'd love to see a book with Ali and Betsy in it again, I missed them being together from the Outback days.

Ultimate Member

I think that the confusion comes from some of the preview art, and in some of the panels Betsy looks more Asian to said readers...

BANNED

Man, sure hope the rug doesn't get pulled out from under Dazz's comeback. She only just returned, and now we ALREADY have to worry about her stickin' around, that suX! Anyway, whatever happens, it didn't go unnoticed:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    ... She & Psylocke are two of my favorite X-Women. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    ... I'd love to see a book with Ali and Betsy in it again, I missed them being together from the Outback days.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Man, sure hope the rug doesn't get pulled out from under Dazz's comeback. She only just returned, and now we ALREADY have to worry about her stickin' around, that suX! Anyway, whatever happens, it didn't go unnoticed:

Awesome image of Dazzler. No way, we just got her back front and center....she needs to remain. Darn it, why can't she maintain placement in these pages? As an aside, I find Jubilee so cheesy. Why is she pushed and Dazzler always "exit stage left"? How bogus!

This all better shake out with a spot for Dazzler, Moonstar/Dani, and Magik on a team. I would enjoy seeing Siryn back, too. Too many incredible female characters in limbo and even the upcoming X-Force has only two spots for female characters....WTH!?!

I would accept Dazzler in the Avengers if there's no room for her in the current X-Men team books.

BANNED

THAT's our gal!

Only link that came up, so no specific credit could be found (by me), but:

i love it!

BANNED

In this week's upcoming Astonishing 16, Dazz gets an ever so brief moment to shine:

... before unceremoniously, it's lights out.

Hopefully, she's not incapacitated for the remainder of the issue, and gets further chances to show her fighting spirit & unmistakable flair for brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would accept Dazzler in the Avengers if there's no room for her in the current X-Men team books.
    Well, she HAS been one before, in A-Force. I wouldn't expect any more Avengers books to be announced for a little while, now that the weekly No Road Home has been announced though. Not until January anyway (NRH runs from February to April, so it's the April solicits we'd need to look out for).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting that she is included as one of the team members here

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    In this week's upcoming Astonishing 16, Dazz gets an ever so brief moment to shine:

... before unceremoniously, it's lights out.

Hopefully, she's not incapacitated for the remainder of the issue, and gets further chances to show her fighting spirit & unmistakable flair for brilliance.
    Omg I love that she "acted" her way out of her containment unit. Bless this Bitch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Omg I love that she "acted" her way out of her containment unit. Bless this Bitch.
    LOL! She's always been a theatrical thespian @ 💙.