Page 85 of 116 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1734
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    I LOVE Dazzler. My top 4 Marvel women are 1) Kitty Pryde, 2) Dazzler, 3) Emma Frost, and 4) Polaris. ...
    Welcome aboard, Shadowcat99, glad to have ya hear! And THAT'S...

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    ... Even more puzzling is that the preview had a completely different color scheme, hair color & included her blue make-up mask. WTF?... They cancelled the Legacy one-shot (but made sure to produce the Power Pack & Brand Ecch one...
    Something just came to me recently, and I think these things are related, and that we may be looking at them wrong. As in the... WHY? And I think it might have EVERYthing to do with her rumored appearance in XMDP this... November, and what else, SYNERGY! Also, the Disney/Fox deal is part of the equation, IMO. Good things are comin', Dazz fans...

G Willow Wilson just said on Twitter she's interested in writing a dazzler series!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    G Willow Wilson just said on Twitter she's interested in writing a dazzler series!

As long as it doesn't affect Ms Marvel, that'd be great.

Is anyone else feeling fatigue -- not just from what they do (or don't do) with Dazzler, but from the X-line in general? ResurrXion had been a hot ass boo boo mess. I don't imagine the coming re-launches will solve the problem the X-office always has -- overuse of certain characters, complete neglect of MANY characters, awful re-designs, poor re-imaginings & essentially directionless books stuck in their own bubbles. Yeah, adult Jean & the original Wolverine are coming back -- which means we will return to Wolverine being everywhere (instead of Old Man Logan) & Jean will likely be heavily pushed as the flagship X-women since Marvel still gets a nut out of thinking the O5 are the end-all-be-all, even though it took a whole new team of far more interesting mutants to save the franchise from death. I feel like I'm turning into one of those fans that can only enjoy back-issues lol
    I completely feel you. It's like Marvel wants me to save my money, so okay.

No. I'm not getting excited over this in the slightest until an official announcement is made. And even then I'm going to be guarded after the Legacy one-shot fiasco. There is a LOT that Wilson could do with Dazzler's central theme of positive minority representation in media and its ripple effects but just thinking about it is going to eventually lead to heartbreak because probably nothing is going to come of it again. If anybody asks, I'll be here in the corner curled up and crying.

BANNED

Oh, that sounds so good.

Spectacular Member

how disappointing that the one cameo appearance she gets in months & she's drawn in that awful NEX look & pink hair that she hasn't sported since 2007. It's not like the artists have to drawn new looks (even though that's been done for others that are only cameo-ing), but AT LEAST reference the look the character last had when she was on a team & featured regularly instead of a look from a decade ago. Even more puzzling is that the preview had a completely different color scheme, hair color & included her blue make-up mask. WTF? I'm not anticipating anything to come for her with the impending relaunches. They cancelled the Legacy one-shot (but made sure to produce the Power Pack & Brand Ecch one...) & her most recent look from A-Force can't even be referenced in these bullshit cameos.

Is anyone else feeling fatigue -- not just from what they do (or don't do) with Dazzler, but from the X-line in general? ResurrXion had been a hot ass boo boo mess. I don't imagine the coming re-launches will solve the problem the X-office always has -- overuse of certain characters, complete neglect of MANY characters, awful re-designs, poor re-imaginings & essentially directionless books stuck in their own bubbles. Yeah, adult Jean & the original Wolverine are coming back -- which means we will return to Wolverine being everywhere (instead of Old Man Logan) & Jean will likely be heavily pushed as the flagship X-women since Marvel still gets a nut out of thinking the O5 are the end-all-be-all, even though it took a whole new team of far more interesting mutants to save the franchise from death. I feel like I'm turning into one of those fans that can only enjoy back-issues lol
    Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I do like Jean Grey, but I really do not find her to be especially exciting (even her name bores me). I am glad she is back, but, I want some characters back front and center and back in action.

Dazzler is such a cool character. I want her on a team and not in a cameo appearance. What is the issue Maevel has with her, anyhow? What is so hard to write about? Stepping back, to her heyday with the team, why did Claremont cast her off and never bring her back in the 90's? I always wondered why and never saw his reason for writing her out ever mentioned in a published interview, etc.

The relaunch of the teams this year, is lacking something. Talent, energy, I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I am left wanting more. Characters like Magik, Dazzler, Emma, Dani Moonstar (I want her powered returned) are far too interesting to be sidelined like this for an Xmen Blue. So lame.

BANNED

Re. the Legacy ish, more & more I'm thinkin' the timing just wasn't right, and they have bigger & better plans for her. Also, 'cause of all that, they also decided they didn't want her associated with brands like Power Pack & well... Brand Ecch, lol. From a marketing perspective, and if XMDP & the impending DizMar/FoX deal are in play here, it makes total sense to me. They wanna do it right, for the long-term, and don't wanna F it up.

Yeah, Exiles was meant to get a one-shot too. They replaced it with Power Pack before the cover was designed, but Exiles still got mentioned instead of PP in a catalogue, which is how we know about it. PP could be used to tease the FF's return, and at the time we thought Cable's Newer Mutants arc could be to blame, as it features Blink. However, the real reason is probably that the new Exiles series was already planned. So perhaps the same will be true for Dazzler.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Characters like Magik, Dazzler, Emma, Dani Moonstar (I want her powered returned) are far too interesting to be sidelined like this for an Xmen Blue. So lame.
    A person after my own heart.

BANNED

Looks like Ali wasn't the only one subjected to ineXplicable, last minute changes:

... due to an eXercise in real bad judgement.

Anyhoo, found this last night, while toolin' around & tryin' to find new fan art of her:

http://melovecomics.tumblr.com/post/...ckman-w-travel

... which I thought was cool & different, and hadn't been shown here before (?). Also THIS:

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/eliaschatzoudis

... which I LOVE, and is real recent. 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Looks like Ali wasn't the only one subjected to ineXplicable, last minute changes:

... due to an eXercise in real bad judgement.

I came in here to ask when did she go back to her New Excalibur look and saw this post

Spectacular Member

Jesus Christ. I'm so done

Don't let them think we like that horrid look

https://twitter.com/colorlust/status/948626765198569473

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Don't let them think we like that horrid look

https://twitter.com/colorlust/status/948626765198569473

FIX IT, MARVEL!!!

And make it MUCH better, OR...

... we are NOT, gonna be HAPPY!!

And you DON'T...