Page 86 of 116 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1734
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

I'm actually glad they nixed the blue star on her face, and happy to see her back in her 80's blue and yellow. Not really feeling the pink hair though, should have left it that light blonde.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    I'm actually glad they nixed the blue star on her face, and happy to see her back in her 80's blue and yellow. Not really feeling the pink hair though, should have left it that light blonde.
    Not me, I really like it as one of her defining, signature "identifiers", personally. In fact, my 2 favorite modernized looks for her, both used it:

... to GREAT effect, IMO!!

My 💙 belongs to the AoX one most, tho.

The hot pink hair is garish, to say the least, and the ill-advised NEX rehash WHOLLY UNinspired! I don't like it all, and think it's REALLY fugly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not me, I really like it as one of her defining, signature "identifiers", personally. In fact, my 2 favorite modernized looks for her, both used it
    Agreed. Gotta love that star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Yeah, I'm all about the star. And Heroine Addict, those are my 2 fave modern looks for her too!!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Not me, I really like it as one of her defining, signature "identifiers", personally. In fact, my 2 favorite modernized looks for her, both used it:

... to GREAT effect, IMO!!

My �� belongs to the AoX one most, tho.

The hot pink hair is garish, to say the least, and the ill-advised NEX rehash WHOLLY UNinspired! I don't like it all, and think it's REALLY fugly!!
    Clay Mann's designs for Age of X were just amazing (aside from the half-naked ones, those were a bit excessive LOL) and his Ali in particular was a stand-out. Too bad the X-office seems to always go for the weaker designs when it comes to the regular looks.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

These are some amazing pics, love the way she’s drawn, and the Star looks much better here.

BANNED

Echo all the praise heaped on those 2 mod Dazz designs, fellow Ali fans, from AoX & X-Treme!! So I need your thoughts & advise, I'm sure y'all remember this:

... infamous as it was, but forget the story, I'm just talkin' 'bout the look. 'Cause I found THIS new, tweaked version of it, just yesterday:

... and IDK... but I kinda like it... quite a bit, actually.

But what do you think, yay or nay, or in between? Tryin' to get an idea from her fans, what they think a good, updated look would be for her, to use as a sort of guide & source of reference. Oh, and this might've been/probably has been shown already, but from rumored upcoming Storm solo artist Jen Bartel:

Echo all the praise heaped on those 2 mod Dazz designs, fellow Ali fans, from AoX & X-Treme!! So I need your thoughts & advise, I'm sure y'all remember this:

... infamous as it was, but forget the story, I'm just talkin' 'bout the look. 'Cause I found THIS new, tweaked version of it, just yesterday:

... and IDK... but I kinda like it... quite a bit, actually.
    I manipped that a few years ago. Someone grabbed it and slapped the gun back on to use as a trading card roleplay game thingie.

No disrespect to Bachalo - of whom I am a fan - but I just did not like the Future Foundation look to it. I had to take the gun away because she IS the gun and from there it kinda snowballed.

UXM10COVER_Redux01x.jpg

... and IDK... but I kinda like it... quite a bit, actually.[/CENTER]
    Too busy IMO. There is just alot going on

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    I manipped that a few years ago. Someone grabbed it and slapped the gun back on to use as a trading card roleplay game thingie.

No disrespect to Bachalo - of whom I am a fan - but I just did not like the Future Foundation look to it. I had to take the gun away because she IS the gun and from there it kinda snowballed.

UXM10COVER_Redux01x.jpg
    Crap, that's right! I should've known that... I think I did know that (as I regularly check your latest, @Deviant), lol, and just forgot probably. The ol' gray matter ain't what it used to be, I guess. MANY reasons for that, I'm sure.

But seriously, Lightengale, yours is WAY better & I think it roX! I LOVE it, and don't think it's too busy at all: the addition of more black; the silver, disco ball, mirrored chain side-rails; the silver, one-eye-star; the darker, more natural amber-colored hair; and of course, no gun, but instead her signature handgun pose COMPLETE... with lit fingertip - just STELLAR!

Between AoX, X-Treme, and now your new & MUCH improved reduX of her original, MUCH less inspired S.H.I.E.L.D. redesign, I think we got ourselves some REAL good eXamples of what an eXcellent, updated, modern take CAN & SHOULD look like... and it SURE as hell AIN'T THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

UXM10COVER_Redux01x.jpg
    I didn't like this version, since it's once again a copy/paste from Bachalo. This is basically Lady Mastermind. Shame. Dazzler would never be caught dead in a villain's old duds.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I didn't like this version, since it's once again a copy/paste from Bachalo. This is basically Lady Mastermind. Shame. Dazzler would never be caught dead in a villain's old duds.
    To be fair, the design was worn by her first (in AOA)

Crap, that's right! I should've known that... I think I did know that (as I regularly check your latest, @Deviant), lol, and just forgot probably. The ol' gray matter ain't what it used to be, I guess. MANY reasons for that, I'm sure.

But seriously, Lightengale, yours is WAY better & I think it roX! I LOVE it, and don't think it's too busy at all: the addition of more black; the silver, disco ball, mirrored chain side-rails; the silver, one-eye-star; the darker, more natural amber-colored hair; and of course, no gun, but instead her signature handgun pose COMPLETE... with lit fingertip - just STELLAR!

Between AoX, X-Treme, and now your new & MUCH improved reduX of her original, MUCH less inspired S.H.I.E.L.D. redesign, I think we got ourselves some REAL good eXamples of what an eXcellent, updated, modern take CAN & SHOULD look like... and it SURE as hell AIN'T THIS:
    Hehe. No prob. I didn't post it on DeviantArt. It's not a fully realized piece and was just done for fun. Think I only shared it on my FB and maybe Tumblr. I tried staying within the realm of what it was while keeping it distinctly Dazzler. It's certainly less busy than the original, so... Yeah.

It's unfortunate that successfully redesigning Dazz seems difficult for the pros when so many fans have been doing it for ages, but it does seem like a genuine affection for the character often makes the difference.

BANNED

... It's unfortunate that successfully redesigning Dazz seems difficult for the pros when so many fans have been doing it for ages, but it does seem like a genuine affection for the character often makes the difference.
    Yes, agreed, their must be an inherent passion present. Like with all your work, where it SHOWS, what TRUE love of Dazzler looks like! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, the design was worn by her first (in AOA)
    ?... Speakin' of AoA, what did fans think of that look?

But what do you think, yay or nay, or in between? Tryin' to get an idea from her fans, what they think a good, updated look would be for her, to use as a sort of guide & source of reference. Oh, and this might've been/probably has been shown already, but from rumored upcoming Storm solo artist Jen Bartel:

I like it. Gives me a very Jem (of the Holograms) vibe .

Although I imagine it would probably raise some eyebrows, for a variety of reasons .