Page 87 of 116 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1734
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ... Although I imagine it would probably raise some eyebrows, for a variety of reasons .
    HA! Yeah, it's certainly an eyeful. And I'd imagine for performances only, 'cause it's not very practical for battle purposes, 'less she was plannin' on bein' just a distraction. Which... well, yeah, she would succeed at with very little effort.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

I think a good way for them to give us an updated classic look is to add mirrored/disco-plated pieces (like with the AoX & Xtreme costumes) & stick to the silver/white/gray/light blue colors. I know I've seen some of Lightengale's original designs where she has a white popped/unzipped collar, silver breastplate/corset & mirrored/disco-plated arms & boots that looks like a legitimate route to go for updating her classic appearance.

And if they are that concerned about there being too many long-haired blondes running around (even though there never seems to be a concern about all the long-haired brunettes & raven-haired heroines floating around) -- give her a freakin ponytail instead of ALWAYS going back to the funky short haircuts. It's so outplayed with her. I need more Kylie & less P!nk

BANNED

A BIG YES to EVERYthing you suggest, Tetragene! The color palette of silver/white/gray/light (sky) blue & the mirrored/disco-plated pieces are a MUST, reign SUPREME, and should ALWAYS be used!! And yeah, I'm WAY over the cropped 'dos, too. Oh, and when it comes to Lightengale's original updates, agreed - absolute GREATness:

... and then here's the latest takes:

... also, speakin' of, where I'm goin' with all this (from Dani Moonstar's appreciation thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... Spinning out of that & the logo thing tho, I'd also like to ask her fans to post what they feel are ideal images of how she should look, both in how she's portrayed physically (facial features, hair, body type) & with her (updated, modernized) costumes/outfits/uniforms, what have you... taken into consideration. You can certainly use separate pics for each, but finding just one that represents both to you if possible, would be preferable.

Reason being, I'm planning on putting together a triptych featuring Lorna, Ali, & Dani...
    ... to use as a sort of guide & source of reference. ...
    ... that's more or less 'fan-approved'. So I'd like it to reflect input from their bases here on the Forums, by way of using each of their respective appreciation threads, to do so. ThanX in advance, for any & all participation. 8)
    I'll be back with some pics, to start lookin' at the various logos for her, that have been used before.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

BANNED

From Lorna's thread:

A rough, VERY rudimentary idea of what I'm aiming/goin' for:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-19-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Yes, agreed, their must be an inherent passion present. Like with all your work, where it SHOWS, what TRUE love of Dazzler looks like! 8)

?... Speakin' of AoA, what did fans think of that look?

I loved that look! She was so awesome in that series!!!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I loved that look! She was so awesome in that series!!!
    She was! Her normal, devil-may-care attitude was more pronounced than EVER, and amped-up to the maX, complete with acerbic wit & just a touch of acid tongue!! But TBH, not all too unlike our own, 616 (?) Ali can be sometimes:

... more often than not, lol. ;D
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-13-2018 at 03:36 PM.

BANNED

And despite everything else goin' on at the time, who can forget this still, MOST AWESOME moment:

BANNED

LOGO time!!

My initial instinct was to go with the original, mirrored/disco-plated version, and I've seen the middle one used on some of her merch, like statues & stuff. But IDK now, kinda likin' the simplicity & more modern edge, of the last, updated redo too.

BANNED

Marvel themselves tho, do seem like they are goin' back to the more distinctive & arguably appropriate prototype, if these pics are any indication:

But with the latter still yet to materialize, who knows? I do really like it tho, for its VERY representative uniqueness, AND historical value.

[CENTER]
    Miss EmmaxAli.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Miss EmmaxAli.
    Me, too, chemistry like theirs isn't all that easy to come by...

Marvel themselves tho, do seem like they are goin' back to the more distinctive & arguably appropriate prototype, if these pics are any indication:

But with the latter still yet to materialize, who knows? I do really like it tho, for its VERY representative uniqueness, AND historical value.
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that one-shot got cancelled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that one-shot got cancelled.
    Yeah, it does look that way. Still hopin' for the best, tho. Like maybe it's just 'cause a better (long-term?) plan presented itself, and TPTB opted for it instead. That's what I keep tellin' myself, anyway, to maintain.

Well, that's what seemed to happen with Exiles. Apparently they were meant to get a one-shot. It was listed in a catalogue, but when it was publicly announced, it was replaced by Power Pack. Speculation at the time suggested maybe Cable: Newer Mutants, which involved Blink was to blame. But then a new Exiles ongoing was announced. So yeah, hopefully the one-shot got canned because there are other plans for Alison.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So yeah, hopefully the one-shot got canned because there are other plans for Alison.
    Praying that she’s the final member of X-Men Red!!!