Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Most of us know that Dazzler can absorb Black Bolt's Quasi-Sonic Scream -- but, being that Black Bolt can also generate a nigh-impenetrable force field by focusing his energy around himself -- so, I don't see how she can defeat him or how a "Dazzler vs. Black Bolt" encounter rises to the level of a must see Marvel event...

well it's definitely one of the biggest in house moments for the character in recent years and considering that it's in this year's biggest crossover, i think its definitely cause for her fans or even new readers to kind of flip the freak out. Like, if she dies, then the character enters a kind of legendary martyrdom phase, if she's victorious- Then we'll see the culmination of a years long redemptive arc about this lovable loser finally becoming the hero the world knew she could one day be and the internet will literally crack in half.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Guess I'm buying the issue now. haha.

Get it, Dazzler!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Yes, I read it. So, so amazing! As ohsnap said, this was one of the biggest platforms that Ali has ever received to deliver, and deliver she did! *wipes tear of joy*

But I'm not being super optimistic about her future prospects yet...

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I am being blindingly optimistic that she will be revealed as a cast member for another book with all the other characters not in use like Emma, Psylocke, Magik, etc.

They can't kill off ALL of the powerful ladies.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

I'm taking the cautiously optimistic route. It was a great moment. I loved how glib she was and that she blasted him through three walls (reinforced, obv), but with this happening so early on now I fear retaliation. As much as I'd like to see her kick even more ass - and the anger motivating her decision to be so aggressive - part of me would rather she peace out after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wonder if these match up are legit happening or if they're just enjoying the Twitter Traffic
    Looks like they are, we saw a few of them in IVX #1.

Spectacular Member

yaaaasss. Against my better judgement I'm being hopefully optimistic as well. Went back to look at IvX #0 after reading this & didn't notice the first time that the woman Emma met with had a disco ball charm on her bracelet <3 Continuity nods to Dazzler's previous encounter with Black Bolt and her acting career as well. Pleasantly surprised. We know Emma plays a big role in this event despite being missing from (all?) the revealed covers for it -- I'm hoping Dazz shows up more as well.

If this ends in another "resurrexion" title announcement with Emma, Dazzler & the others left out of the other books I'll be quite happy.

This page alone was worth the price of the book! Get it Ali !!!
    Don't start none...won't be none.

A #tbt to Dazzler's history with Black Bolt's Scream...

get it Ali Blaire

get it Ali Blaire

dang, i didnt think she could absorb his voice and thought it would seriously injure her. Glad I was wrong. Go Ali!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Dazzler's moment in IvX was EPIC! I do hope that she'll be sticking around for the next couple of issues to help the X-Men fight against the inhumans. I love seeing her be with the X-Men again.

I'm so glad that bulldung friendship with Medusa in A-Force was ignored so Ali could shine here. That was the one aspect I hated from that book so I'm glad this won't stop her from being awesome here. Hope to see more of her going forward.