Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1734
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well I wasn't bothered by it I just hadn't seen that look on her in years, except for that X-Men Legends figure at Gamestop that I saw the last time that I was there, well Dazzler, Lorna, and Domino were all there but... and the last bit was maybe Alex telling Jimmy and Hank to let him do all the talking when they get to talk to Dazzler and Jimmy or Hank says something sarcastic back...
    Oh, OK, gotcha. She appeared like that in the Secret Wars version of A-Force, too, so I'm probably just a lil' more used to it. Same with the fig, you mention. I'd been waitin' for her & Lorna's turn, for YEARS, so was VERY happy when they finally got announced & released.

Holy, dude! I didn't even realize that was the 3 of them standin' there, in the crowd @ her gig. Must've been so caught up lookin' at her, lol. But damn, that makes it even more awesome, than it already was. This just looks SO effin' good, doesn't it?! Everything about it's on point, from them pickin' right up after last ish's ending, with the surprise Banshee reveal/cliffhanger. To Warpath goin' berserk & bein' the beast that he is, to Dazzler's spectacle, and pure, visual DELIGHT. I'm tellin ya, I just can't wait, this is gonna ROCK!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-22-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well until he got the knives Warpath was more the beat the baddies up kind of guy, he never really needed the knives to be a powerhouse, and yeah all three are there trying to stay undercover and not be noticed...then again with Warpath standing all of 7 foot tall or so and being as big as he is he'd be pretty hard to miss...

BANNED

True, true, Logan.

Here's a couple comments on Dazz, from Rosenberg yesterday, @SDCC:

https://www.newsarama.com/41030-sdcc...ics-x-men.html
    A fan thanked Sina Grace for his Iceman run, then asked Rosenberg about what's coming up for Dazzler in Astonishing X-Men. He said Dazzler has been on the outs with the X-Men. "She's a little bit of a rock star, so when she's not the first X-Man called, she holds a grudge."

Rosenberg said Havok and Dazzler are the "ass kickers" of his team.
    Likin' THAT!!

BANNED

Here's a riff on the same, pretty much, from an alternate source:

http://emertainmentmonthly.com/index...l-recap-x-men/
    ... The first question was for Rosenberg, and what fans might expect from Dazzler in Astonishing X-Men. Rosenberg revealed that in this next issue readers find out that Dazzler isn’t happy that she hasn’t been invited to work with the X-Men in a while, and this feeling of being neglected has made her develop a grudge. Grace quickly added though that in his latest Iceman script he has Bobby Drake mention having pre ordered Dazzler’s new album. ...
    Seems a lil' off, considerin' Colossus just asked her back in X-Song, and she declined. Sina's bit in Iceman tho, 'bout her new album, is cool.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 07-23-2018 at 06:42 PM.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing how Rosenberg uses her. I like what I've read so far about his take on Ali. I think the grudge aspect could be interesting, I can see her feeling undervalued. Almost a meta comment. That could be fun and really entertaining. I'm overlooking the continuity aspect of the XMen not reaching out in a bit.

I'm curious to see her relationships in the book, especially how she and Alex interact. I always loved their friendship.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Here's a riff on the same, pretty much, from an alternate source:

http://emertainmentmonthly.com/index...l-recap-x-men/

Seems a lil' off, considerin' Colossus just asked her back in X-Song, and she declined. Sina's bit in Iceman tho, 'bout her new album, is cool.
    Yes exactly. I'll be VERY curious to see how this is addressed in story.
    Will Rosenberg play off Ali's decline to Piotr's invitation as her being facetious? Like, its LESS that she isn't into being an X-Man/wants to pursue music and actually MORE "What took you so long??" and she's trying to save face? Seem above it all?

All of that aside, I'm suuuuuuuuuuper into this notion that Ali is a bit of a diva.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I'm wondering if they will put the one shot closer to the end of IvX continuity wise to make that angle on Dazz work. The story itself could take place any time. The other part is when did Resurrection take place in terms of continuity? I don't remember.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

BANNED

You might be right, Thom. X-Song could have taken place closer to when Kitty first moved the school to Central Park, back at the beginning of ResurrXion, last year. But her appearance in it, doesn't line up with how she looked in her subsequent cameos in New Warriors, and then PhoeniX Resurrection. Maybe it'll be ignored, and we'll have to overlook it, like you first suggested. It's not a major deal to me, but ya know, it would be nice to see it addressed in a convo between her & Petey pure-heart.

So Rosenberg's Dazz is gonna be an adrenaline junkie, a bit of a diva, and prideful. But underneath it all, a lil' insecure, and quite sensitive. Also tho, apparently, pretty unforgiving & a tad resentful, over perceived wrongs. All this combined with being somewhat ego driven, sounds like an ideal & interesting creative, artistic personality to me, that's just perfect... for our fascinating Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes exactly. I'll be VERY curious to see how this is addressed in story.
    Will Rosenberg play off Ali's decline to Piotr's invitation as her being facetious? Like, its LESS that she isn't into being an X-Man/wants to pursue music and actually MORE "What took you so long??" and she's trying to save face? Seem above it all?

All of that aside, I'm suuuuuuuuuuper into this notion that Ali is a bit of a diva.
    that would be consistent with Claremont's run bc she was a bit prissy in the Outback era

BANNED

Eh, don't think that's very apt. Compliments to Thom & Fokken, for these takeaways, from what Rosenberg had to say:

Quote Originally Posted by ThomBoleyn View Post
    ... I think the grudge aspect could be interesting, I can see her feeling undervalued. Almost a meta comment. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ... Will Rosenberg play off Ali's decline to Piotr's invitation as her being facetious? Like, its LESS that she isn't into being an X-Man/wants to pursue music and actually MORE "What took you so long??" and she's trying to save face? Seem above it all?...
    Meant to mention that before, but lapsed, in my efforts to try & build part of a personality profile for her, based off what little we've been given so far.

I really like this idea of the Astonishing team being at odds with Kitty's more generic, mainstream group, tho. Them being the rebels, the 'outlaws', makes them a VASTLY more compelling read, than their far more conventional counterparts. There's nothing that's less engaging & more mundane, to me, than the ordinary.

Spectacular Member

I think there are a lot of X-Men that SHOULD feel like "I've put in my time over the years, but you have the gall to ask these unproven no-names on a team instead of me?" by this point.

To be honest I always felt like Dazzler should feel a little scorn towards the X-Men over the way they've handled (or seemingly ignored) her over the years. I think there's actually a lot to mine on the wrong-doing front & I could easily see years of those instances slowly building up as resentment that becomes hard to ignore.

1) when the "movie" stunt made her a walking target, the X-Men showed little empathy or concern & were only willing to assist her with training because she was Storm's friend.

2) despite none of the X-Men being happy about Rogue's initial recruitment, they lacked a lot of understanding for Dazzler when she couldn't easily move on from all those times Rogue stalked & tried to kill her.

3) after the Siege Perilous trip Banshee & Forge were going to track her down after she appeared on a magazine cover then... just didn't? None of her former teammates seemed to care about her whereabouts.

4) she shows up seeking help to save Longshot & after they do the X-Men have no contact with her or concern whatsoever, despite learning that she's pregnant & staying in that wtfcrackrocks dimension

5) she shows up on Earth later & they learn she "lost" the baby. She goes back to Mojoworld again & none of the X-Men can be bothered to care.

6) when she reappears after the alleged downfall of Mojoworld & helps Jean & crew rescue Prof X... when the dust settles & Dazzler leaves... not a **** is given by the X-Men about what she'll do now that the dimension she was living in was completely overtaken & her husband murdered.

7) she shows up next in being threatened with death by a disco-hater & Deadpool chides her over none of her alleged "friends" coming to her rescue.

8) she's killed by an AU O5, but comes back to life... then keeps dying & resurrecting with no explanation. Any X-friends want to help her check in on that?

9) remember that god-awful New Excalibur costume? SAGE was the one that showed up at the hospital & gave it to her (Sage just happened to be traveling around with a yellow supernova insignia'ed blue crop-top... she had clearly been planning to sabotage Dazzler's look for quite some time lol)

10) during Schism Scott's idea of her usefulness involves her training the annoying x-kids with freakin' Lifeguard as her support.

11) when she is swallowed up into a dimension with a crazy octopus monster & AU X-Men... none of the 616 X-Men seem to care at all. None of them attempt to look for her.

12) during her SHIELD stint the X-Men were more concerned with throwing their alleged moral superiority around than noticing how "off" she was acting in all subsequent appearances (Mystique)

13) after what Mystique did to her (which Sabretooth also had a hand in) the X-Men have willingly worked with both of them & included them on X-teams.

14) which X-Men were checking on her during the Terrigen Cloud mess? None of them knew she had M-pox or thought to check on her? Emma was seemingly the only one that kept in contact with her.

Yet time & again she comes back to the X-Men to assist them or join a team... and those little ungrateful mofo's possess the nerve to have teams of PR-focused mutants, villains that can't be trusted or awful place-holders (like Hope) placed on teams instead of a a proven loyal, immensely powerful super-star? Yeah, she should absolutely hold some resentment lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    ... and those little ungrateful mofo's possess the nerve to have teams of PR-focused mutants, villains that can't be trusted or awful place-holders (like Hope) placed on teams instead of a a proven loyal, immensely powerful super-star? Yeah, she should absolutely hold some resentment lol.
    I never thought about it like that, Tetragene, but you're RIGHT - WELL SAID!!

BANNED

Today's the day, Dazz fans. Hope it delivers, and was worth the dry spell. I have faith in Rosenberg, so am feelin' pretty confident, and... CAN... NOT... WAIT!!! Some new fan art, to tide us over:

Ooooooh I super super dig that playing card dual costume format!!!! I'd love to see cards like that for others!! Thanks for sharing!!

So excited for today's issue. I hope its substantial, rather than a cliff hanger deal like last issue's Banshee reveal.

BANNED

You're welcome! There is, for both Emma, and Psylocke: https://www.teepublic.com/user/sergetowers80

Me, too!! And yeah, that's my worry also, that'll it take too long to get to her. I'm also hopin' to see her in something else besides her vintage look, as well.